Post new topic   Reply to topic    Business Time Forum Index -> Business Time Discussion (Public)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Millya
Guild Leader
Wears Business Socks

re: Firelands Run (Sat March 31st)

For a change this week, I'm going to try to see how much interest I can muster to see if we can expand this to a 25-man raid. The reason for this is pretty simple; it lets us bring folks who may have wanted to come but there was no room for them, also legendary item acquisition is greatly accelerated. Next week Shaen will be finished with his(!) after just one boss, and if we clear it on 25 it'll just take a few bosses the following week for me to finish with Cinders. Unfortunately we're still "wasting" a few bosses that won't be channeled, but what can you do?

Post here if you are interested in attending! I will maintain a roster list to see if we can pull this off. Everybody coming along has to have Mumble (make sure to update it beforehand if you haven't used it in awhile as there was a major update a few months back) and I'll get the Mumble info to you privately. Cheers and hope to see you in Firelands this Saturday at 6:45 PST!

Legendary items are reserved (obviously) with the exception of anyone who is doing the last stage of the quest, AFTER Shaen is finished, those will be available for the remainder of the run.

*Edited to Add from below*
Okay, update on Firelands. The raid is nearly full, so it looks like we should be good by Saturday. I'm sure I can scare up another 3-4 people by then. So for everyone who is coming, here's more info:

Invites start to go out at 6:45 PST. With so many Real ID people it may take a little bit of time to build the raid properly, so be patient with me! Business Time provides both flasks and feasts, so you don't have to worry about that. We usually clear in two hours (on ten man) give or take a few minutes, I expect it may take us a little bit longer so plan for a maximum of three. We take breaks every hour for five mins (one at 8 PST, 9 PST, etc) so try to save any AFKs for that time.

For the fights themselves, I'm not sure if we're going to attempt any heroics although I'd LIKE to because I have no idea how hard they are on 25, I need to confer with some of my 25 friends before Saturday. At the least we'll do each boss on normal; if you are not familiar with the fights in Firelands, please familiarize yourself before Saturday. We are not going to be giving lengthy boss explanations. You can read the strats/overviews at Icy Veins or watch the videos at Learn2Raid or any similar site.

Expectations are that you have made all reasonable attempts to prepare your character for raiding - i.e. you are fully gemmed and enchanted, and ideally your gear item level is 360 at a minimum. That is an appropriate gear level for Firelands when it was current, and very easy to obtain outside of raids now via the new Twilight five-mans considering they drop 378 gear. I know this is just a Real ID "fun run" but I don't think it's fair to the raid to come unprepared either in knowledge or gear. This content is only one tier behind current and can still pack a whallop. I reserve the right to swap out any raider who hasn't done the above.

Mumble chatter will probably be more subdued than usual simply because of the number of people we'll have. On ten man there's a bit more room for everyone to talk, on 25 if we all talk Voss is probably going to kill us, so let's try to be mindful of not cluttering the Mumble channel and use raid chat to mock Supplicium mercilessly. (Warlocks are the TRUE scapegoat).

Finally, if I don't already have you on Real ID, please DM me your Real ID info so I can get you added well before Saturday. Thanks, and thanks for coming to Firelands with us, I am looking forward to it!

Tanks (2/2)
Vosskah
Solard

DPS (17/17)
(Ranged)
Millya
Shaen
Fsob
Supplicium
Chipotle
Korixa
Fyriat
CursedRegis
PixelExecution
MaeliNixi
Tsunomi

(Melee)
Yahwen
Tikari
Luthvian
Nyxy
Rhuanious
Oathblade

Healers (6/6)
Itanya
Nowell
Karanina
Beru
Jasyla
Cordella

Last edited by Millya on 2012/03/30 17:23; edited 23 times in total
Fsob
Wears Business Socks

/poke

Count me in!

Wears Business Socks

I'll be there leading the raid and berating pallies, hordies, warlocks, hunters... Gnomes, worgens... Am I forgetting anything?

GDPR#2621198

re: GDPR#2621198

GDPR#2621198
Vosskah
Officer
Wears Business Socks

SuppliciumSC wrote:
Mages.

Oh you mean the one that pulled for me because she had a hot streak or the one that almost pulled Majordomo from me?

Ohai. I am from the twittars (@_luthvian). I have a legion of alts. In order of preference:

1. Lepidoptra, Holy/(disc/shadow) priest. She's my main and has the best gear by far. I am not interested in the legendary staff.
2. Chaostí, Blood/Frost DK. The alt code for the í is alt-161.
3. Bitbit, Enhancement shaman. She has some resto gear but denies that resto specs exist.
4. Khary, Prot/sad ret pally. Dps offspecs are for paladins that don't like getting their faces beat in, ie. not her. She also denies that she hides behind her shield.
5. Luthvian, Arcane/fire mage. Don't want the legendary.

So yeah.
Luthvian

oh right, derp. All of those toons are on Bonechewer, if you wanted to look them up.
Millya
Guild Leader
Wears Business Socks

Other people I need confirms from:

Technophobia - Rogue/Mage
Lomogeek - Resto/ele Shaman
Fyriat (Zophram - Shaman heals/ranged Deeps)

Last edited by Millya on 2012/03/27 10:59; edited 1 time in total
Itanya_Blade
Officer
Wears Business Socks

Fyriat (Zophram - Squidy shamman of heals/ranged Deeps)
technophobia

I would like to bring my fire mage, yes. Named Chipotle.

Also, Frito_KAL from Twitter (my fiancee) would like to come on her affliction warlock named Korixa.
lomogeek

I'd love to bring my resto/ele shaman - Cordella

.-- .... .- - / .-- --- ..- .-.. -.. / -.-- --- ..- / -.. --- / .. ..-. / -.-- --- ..- / -.- -. . .-- / -.-- --- ..- / -.-. --- ..- .-.. -.. / -. --- - / ..-. .- .. .-.. ..--..
Fsob
Wears Business Socks

lomogeek wrote:
.-- .... .- - / .-- --- ..- .-.. -.. / -.-- --- ..- / -.. --- / .. ..-. / -.-- --- ..- / -.- -. . .-- / -.-- --- ..- / -.-. --- ..- .-.. -.. / -. --- - / ..-. .- .. .-.. ..--..

I thought this was a philosophical question until the last two words...

..-. .. .-. . / -- .- --. . ... / -.-. .- -. .----. - / -. --- - / ..-. .- .. .-.. .---- tongue out

Wears Business Socks

Okay, update on Firelands. The raid is nearly full, so it looks like we should be good by Saturday. I'm sure I can scare up another 3-4 people by then. So for everyone who is coming, here's more info:

Invites start to go out at 6:45 PST. With so many Real ID people it may take a little bit of time to build the raid properly, so be patient with me! Business Time provides both flasks and feasts, so you don't have to worry about that. We usually clear in two hours (on ten man) give or take a few minutes, I expect it may take us a little bit longer so plan for a maximum of three. We take breaks every hour for five mins (one at 8 PST, 9 PST, etc) so try to save any AFKs for that time.

For the fights themselves, I'm not sure if we're going to attempt any heroics although I'd LIKE to because I have no idea how hard they are on 25, I need to confer with some of my 25 friends before Saturday. At the least we'll do each boss on normal; if you are not familiar with the fights in Firelands, please familiarize yourself before Saturday. We are not going to be giving lengthy boss explanations. You can read the strats/overviews at Icy Veins or watch the videos at Learn2Raid or any similar site.

Expectations are that you have made all reasonable attempts to prepare your character for raiding - i.e. you are fully gemmed and enchanted, and ideally your gear item level is 360 at a minimum. That is an appropriate gear level for Firelands when it was current, and very easy to obtain outside of raids now via the new Twilight five-mans considering they drop 378 gear. I know this is just a Real ID "fun run" but I don't think it's fair to the raid to come unprepared either in knowledge or gear. This content is only one tier behind current and can still pack a whallop. I reserve the right to swap out any raider who hasn't done the above.

Mumble chatter will probably be more subdued than usual simply because of the number of people we'll have. On ten man there's a bit more room for everyone to talk, on 25 if we all talk Voss is probably going to kill us, so let's try to be mindful of not cluttering the Mumble channel and use raid chat to mock Supplicium mercilessly. (Warlocks are the TRUE scapegoat).

Finally, if I don't already have you on Real ID, please DM me your Real ID info so I can get you added well before Saturday. Thanks, and thanks for coming to Firelands with us, I am looking forward to it!
GDPR#2621198

re: GDPR#2621198

GDPR#2621198
Tsunomi

My main is Tsunomi - Balance druid. Here's my Armory! I'll be tweeting you my realID. :D

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/elune/tsunomi/simple
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Business Time Forum Index -> Business Time Discussion (Public) All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum