Post new topic   Reply to topic    Business Time Forum Index -> Business Time Discussion (Public)
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Fsob
Wears Business Socks

re: Ulduar 25 MMLA runs

Hello everyone!

Putting together Ulduar 25 mount, mogging, legendary, and achievement runs (MMLA's) is something I've been considering doing for a while. I kept procrastinating though and never really put any effort into actually doing it. This changed a few weeks ago and since then I've been trying to figure out the best day, loot system, and method of enticing pugs if we need a few warm bodies.

Having done all this I'm think I'm now ready to start putting these together every Friday at 7pm PST. Starting this next Friday, the 17th.

These runs will be based on having fun running old content. There will be nostalgia. (Ooh, remember how awesome it felt the very first time you zoned in?) Hijinks. (Don't start Mimiron's train until everybody is on board this time!) Vengeful maniacs. (HAHA Yogg! Who's dead now, huh? And I didn't have any help from the keepers! Nyah nyah nyah!) And naked gnomes. (What? You don't remember the naked gnomes? Well I sure do!)

Anyone and everyone is invited. Guildies, realID friends, all the BT stalkers who visit our forums to keep abreast of what we're up to. You're all welcome. Now, lets get down to business.

Loot rules:
Very simple loot rules. Everything other than Mimiron's Head and the Fragments of Val'anyr are on open roll. The legendary pieces will all be going to the same person who is, at the moment, undecided since nobody has expressed interest in them yet. Mimiron's Head is slightly more complicated since I want the mount roll to be as fair as possible. You get one point for each week you come and help clear Ulduar. When the mount drops the person with the most points will get it. This method doesn't automatically give the mount to people who play the AH (GDKP), doesn't give it to the person who shows up once and gets a lucky roll (open /roll), does give it to the person who puts in the most effort, and seems (to the best of my knowledge) fair in all other ways. Members of BT will have 1 extra point going into it the first week since I don't want to take the chance of it dropping that week and going to someone who will never show up again. If you have a better idea of how to hand out the mount please let me know.

Other rules:
There aren't any. Please do have mumble so I can explain the achievements. You don't have to have a mic or talk, just be able to listen. Alts are more than welcome.

I do realize that some people may just want that one achievement they've never been able to pick up in there, and don't care about mogging or anything else. Accordingly I've created a list below of which achievements we will be getting each week.

Thanks,
The Fsob.

P.S. Feel free to link this on twitter, blogs, your realID friends, and anyone else you think might be interested. The more the merrier!

Edited for clarification.

Last edited by Fsob on 2012/02/15 12:06; edited 1 time in total

Wears Business Socks

Week One:

Flame Leviathan -
Dwarfageddon
Unbroken
Orbit-uary (includes the other ones)
Three Car Garage (individual achievement*)
Take Out Those Turrets (individual achievement*)

Razorscale -
Iron Dwarf, Medium Rare

Ignis the Furnace Master -
Shattered
Stokin' the Furnace
Hot Pocket (individual achievement*)

XT-002 Deconstructor -
Nerf Engineering
Nerf Gravity Bombs
Heartbreaker
Must Deconstrust Faster

Assembly of Iron -
I Choose You, Steelbreaker
Can't Do That While Stunned
But I'm On Your Side (individual achievement*)

Kologarn -
Disarmed
If Looks Could Kill
Rubble And Roll

Auriaya -
Crazy Cat Lady

Hodir -
Cheese the Freeze
I Have the Coolest Friends
Getting Cold in Here
I Could Say That This Cache Was Rare
Staying Buffed All Winter (individual achievement*)

Thorim -
Siffed
Who Needs Bloodlust?
I'll Take You All On (individual achievement*)

Freya -
Knock, Knock, Knock on Wood (includes the other ones)
Con-speed-atory
Deforestation

Mimiron -
Set Up Us The Bomb
Not-So-Friendly Fire
Firefighter

General Vezax -
Shadowdodger
I Love The Smell Of Saronite In The Morning

Yogg-Saron -
Alone in the Darkness (includes the other ones)
Drive Me Crazy
He's Not Getting Any Older
They're Coming Out of the Walls
In His House He Waits Dreaming (individual achievement*)
Kiss and Make Up (individual achievement*)

Algalon -
Observed
Supermassive

Week Two:

Flame Leviathan -
Shutout

Razorscale -
A Quick Shave

XT-002 Deconstructor -
Nerf Scrapbots

Assembly of Iron -
I Choose You, Runemaster Molgeim

Kologarn -
With Open Arms

Auriaya -
Nine Lives

Thorim -
Don't Stand In The Lightning

Freya -
Lumberjacked
Getting Back to Nature

Week Three:

Assembly of Iron -
I Choose You, Stormcaller Brundir

*Individual achievements can be worked on/completed each week.

Wears Business Socks

For all intents and purposes the Mimiron's Head mount is on reserve.

Last edited by Fsob on 2012/04/04 0:44; edited 3 times in total

Hi! I followed Vid's link here from Twitter.

I'm interested in these runs, but primarily from a Herald of the Titans perspective. I have a level 80 disc priest who I am trying to gear up for a Herald of the Titans run that was originally supposed to be with her guild. But the leader of the runs had some issues and basically instead of trying to resolve them, was ignoring it hoping they'd resolve themselves, so we were put on hold for 2 months with no word. I've decided that I don't want to run with her anymore, since the issues still haven't been resolved and she's doing nothing to help people gear up. I have another group I am thinking about going with, but they have people who are still leveling up, and I'm about as geared as I can be on my priest without Ulduar runs for gear.

So if you are interested, I'd love to come along. I also have some friends who are also 80 and locked for HotT, but I can COMPLETELY understand you not wanting to bring along a bunch of 80s who won't really be able to help out a lot with dps and heals and tanking, compared to raid-geared 85s.

I also would totally understand if moggers get priority; but at this point, other than a few tier tokens I'm more interested in rings and trinkets and wands (though I know wands will be the primary weapon for casters in MoP).

This is my priest: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/bronzebeard/damarisa/advanced

As you can see, she's pretty much geared as much as she can get (I got some 226 gear in another Ulduar 25 run recently) other than possibly wanting 2 more tier pieces for the 4pc set bonus.

Thanks for taking the time to read this!
Fsob
Wears Business Socks

Damarisa wrote:
So if you are interested, I'd love to come along. I also have some friends who are also 80 and locked for HotT, but I can COMPLETELY understand you not wanting to bring along a bunch of 80s who won't really be able to help out a lot with dps and heals and tanking, compared to raid-geared 85s.

Sure, I'd love to have you and your friends come along. It'll be fun watching you'll try and survive! twisted

In all seriousness, having someone use the loot rather than it being disenchanted sounds great to me and I can't think of any achievements where having some level 80s would be a hindrance. Provided we have 10-15 level 85s none of the fights will impose any kind of a challenge anyway.

I sent you a private message with my email (envelope in the top right hand corner) if you want to add me on realID sometime before Friday.

I'll add you tonight, but be warned, I'm mainly on the red side. ;)

(though I'd totally love to pick your brains on frost mage-ing. I have a frost mage who's been frost since Day 1, as well as my husband's eternal frost mage who doesn't get any play these days.)

With 10 85s and 1 80 (me), a 25-man Ulduar got through everything but Yogg-Saron with no wipes (well, save once on Freya, when we accidentally pulled her having not cleared all her trash and a guardian up), and the only REAL problem for the 2 priest healers was the tantrum on HM XT, because it's health-based, so everyone's health dropped really low. We couldn't get Yogg down due to low numbers and debuffs? Lack of people to share the debuffs, I think was said. So we tried once and stopped.

I know of at least one other person who will jump at this chance. He's a prot warrior (but has a DPS spec) and he's dying for a ring drop, I believe. He also lives in Scotland, but his girlfriend said that he should be okay on time with warning. Happy
technophobia

I would be very interested in a Ulduar run for mounts and achievements.

(I am a Twitter friend of Vidyala/Millya)

Attending would be myself:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/elune/Mattias/simple

And my fiancee:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/elune/Korixa/simple

We both have the front half of Uld-25 achievements, so we have some experience with Ulduar.

I also have...six other level 85 alts that I might be interested in bringing at some point for transmog purposes. Primarily gnomes for the various tech-looking weapons.

Not sure I can think of anything else relevant? Um, we both live in the Pacific time zone, so this run being on Pacific time is a plus for us. Happy
Tassager
Wears Business Socks

technophobia wrote:
Primarily gnomes

You can come.
Itanya_Blade
Officer
Wears Business Socks

Tassager wrote:
technophobia wrote:
Primarily gnomes

You can come.

Tass just wants snacks on hand.
Meraxiss
Wears Business Socks

Damarisa wrote:
Hi! I followed Vid's link here from Twitter.

I'm interested in these runs, but primarily from a Herald of the Titans perspective. I have a level 80 disc priest who I am trying to gear up for a Herald of the Titans run that was originally supposed to be with her guild. But the leader of the runs had some issues and basically instead of trying to resolve them, was ignoring it hoping they'd resolve themselves, so we were put on hold for 2 months with no word. I've decided that I don't want to run with her anymore, since the issues still haven't been resolved and she's doing nothing to help people gear up. I have another group I am thinking about going with, but they have people who are still leveling up, and I'm about as geared as I can be on my priest without Ulduar runs for gear.

I also would totally understand if moggers get priority; but at this point, other than a few tier tokens I'm more interested in rings and trinkets and wands (though I know wands will be the primary weapon for casters in MoP).

This is my priest: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/bronzebeard/damarisa/advanced

As you can see, she's pretty much geared as much as she can get (I got some 226 gear in another Ulduar 25 run recently) other than possibly wanting 2 more tier pieces for the 4pc set bonus.

Thanks for taking the time to read this!

Herald requires all participants be lvl 80 and 226 armor and 232 weapon ilvl. I dont think we have many if any alts that would qualify for it. What we can do is carry your lvl 80 to gear up for a Herald run that you would then need to organize or find.

From wowhead for future reference and questions about HotT:
http://www.wowhead.com/achievement=3316

"Even though this is now a Feat of Strength, it is still obtainable in patch 4.2 so long as all raid members are level 80 (proof: Aelobin - The Maelstrom (EU)).

Here's some useful information for those who are attempting this in Cataclysm:

The key is no longer required to open the door to his room
The 1 hour time limit has been removed, so you can fight him for as long as you like
Armour items must be ilvl 226 or less, and weapon items (mainhand/offhand/ranged) must be ilvl 232 or less
It doesn't matter where your gear is from (the 219s from ICC 5mans or ToC5hc are fine)
Epic gems are allowed
Reforging is allowed
Heirlooms are allowed (although you shouldn't really be using them)
The cataclysm leg enchants, profession enchants and Savage Armor Kits are all allowed
You can use Cataclysm consumables (flasks/potions/food)

The hardest part about getting this title is finding 10 level 80s with the correct level of gear (or time/motivation to farm the gear). If you're organising a group, it's a great advantage to have a shadow priest to take all the Big Bangs (with Glyph of Dispersion). Healing isn't too hard with 2 tank healers (especially if one is a pally and/or disc priest) and if the collapsing stars are killed at safe times. Average DPS needs to be around 5k dps each, which is a very easy benchmark to reach with consumables/buffs/reforging.
Last edited by Aelobin on 2011/07/19 (Patch 4.2.0)"
Fsob
Wears Business Socks

Damarisa wrote:
(though I'd totally love to pick your brains on frost mage-ing. I have a frost mage who's been frost since Day 1, as well as my husband's eternal frost mage who doesn't get any play these days.)

I have not been frost mage-ing at all recently. Fire lured me away with promises of insane dot damage and good ole' fashioned burning. I do still keep up with frost in pve though and would love to talk about it with a fellow frostie! (Millya is in love with fire even more than I am!)

technophobia wrote:
I would be very interested in a Ulduar run for mounts and achievements.

I also have...six other level 85 alts that I might be interested in bringing at some point for transmog purposes. Primarily gnomes for the various tech-looking weapons.

Not sure I can think of anything else relevant? Um, we both live in the Pacific time zone, so this run being on Pacific time is a plus for us.

Sending you a PM with my email address now. (envelope in the top right corner)

Also, Gnomes with tech-like weapons are the best! I'm intending to get the [Gnomeregan Bonechopper] to go with my Time Lord set once MoP comes out and I get rid of this legendary for a main-hand/off-hand combo.

Meraxis wrote:
Herald requires all participants be lvl 80 and 226 armor and 232 weapon ilvl. I dont think we have many if any alts that would qualify for it.

What we can do is carry your lvl 80 to gear up for a Herald run that you would then need to organize or find.

I'm almost certain that this is exactly what she meant. She talks about having a group for it (some of which are still leveling) and wanting "Ulduar runs for gear".

Also, Damarisa, if you don't mind me asking; how did you go about finding a group for this? I never did this back in Wrath but it sounds like something I would be very interested in.

I'd be especially interested in the legendary fragments. I got a few in WotLK but nothing since Ulduar went dark.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/khadgar/disrooster/simple

That said, I can fill any of the three base roles with 85's just that my preference is to finish my priests mace finally.

Vidyala has me on her RID but I could exchange RID with you, Fsob, also. I'm on twitter as @YAWoWB.
Fsob
Wears Business Socks

r00st3r wrote:
I'd be especially interested in the legendary fragments. I got a few in WotLK but nothing since Ulduar went dark.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/khadgar/disrooster/simple

That said, I can fill any of the three base roles with 85's just that my preference is to finish my priests mace finally.

Vidyala has me on her RID but I could exchange RID with you, Fsob, also. I'm on twitter as @YAWoWB.

You're the only person so far to express interest in the legendary. I was planning to have everyone wanting it to /roll and the winner would be the one to get the fragments. If you're the only one though, that really simplifies things. tongue out

I've yet to start using twitter, instead I sent you a private message here on the forums with my email (the envelope in the top right corner) so you can add me sometime before this Friday.

The original group was set up in Daughters of the Alliance, an all-female player guild on Bronzebeard. We were using in-guild members and friends/relatives/spouses in other guilds on the server originally. But with 4.3.2 letting us do cross-realm raiding, it gives us a bit more flexibility.

I was so enthused about doing this that I got some of my horde guildies to make characters or level up alts and freeze them at 80. Sadly I've neglected the follow-through on this at this time, but I did also post on my realm forums looking for people interested, and have found some on my server.

You can recruit on your own, in guild or now with twitter raids and LFR raids and such, you can probably recruit across server. The biggest obstacles imo are time frame and getting people willing to commit to leveling the alt and gearing it up. Class balance is important, too. You'll want some replenishment I think, and Heroism/Bloodlust/Ancient Hysteria (Time Warp is sadly unavailable until after 80).

I lucked into one Alliance-side and started my own Horde-side.

Fsob, I think we may have 10 in the group that I'm in right now, but if we don't and you have someone at/near-80, let me know and I may be able to hook you up. Happy
technophobia

I feel as though I should note that, in the interest of full disclosure, my main (or at least for achievement purposes, I alt like a fiend) is, y'know, a paladin, which cannot be a gnome. But once he has the achieve mount, it's pretty much gnomes all the way down. Except for, y'know, my hunter and druid and shaman that can't BE gnomes. Yes, I have one of every class on my main server. Not ALL of them are 85. Just...seven of them. >.> If they don't do something about the 10-character-per-realm limit for MoP, I'm going to be in a serious quandary when it comes to having a monk. Plus I'll want to at least roll a pandaren, but I'll want a gnome monk and...yeah.

And I thought about mentioning that I wouldn't mind working on the legendary (I have Sulfuras from back when MC was actual progression content, one Thunderfury Binding, and I'm currently in the middle of the infusions on Shadowmourne, plus my rogue has the stage 1 daggers of the current legedary), because I have this whacked out idea of basically getting as many legendaries as possible across various alts...

But, well, the legendary would be gravy to me, I'm way more interested in the achievements and transmog gear for gnomes. Unless I were collecting Val'anyr shards, in which case I'd stick around on my paladin.

But my offspec (technically my mainspec, but I spend all my time in my dualspec prot these days) is holy, and I was a healer back when I raided, so...yeah. I'd be willing to at least /roll on it if that's the way it goes.

Also I have a serious tendency to ramble and stream-of-consciousness, can you tell?
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Business Time Forum Index -> Business Time Discussion (Public) All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum