Post new topic   Reply to topic    Business Time Forum Index -> Business Time Discussion (Public)
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page 1, 2  Next
Shaen
Officer
Wears Business Socks

re: OMG PANDAS!! and such

Sorry, I hate the shoutbox for discussions with more than one or two replies, so I maked this topic for great justice.

Tassager
Wears Business Socks

Shaen, justice warrior.
Panerai 1
Wears Business Socks

PVE scenarios should be fun

I enjoyed them the brief time i played Warhammer and Rift

Wears Business Socks

Looks like they are trying to make druids use "many forms" again, despite what tree they are in.

Loving the new talents so far.

LOVE that you can change them like glyphs, different talents for each fight!

Last edited by Carlctrl on 2011/10/21 17:15; edited 1 time in total

Shaen
Officer
Wears Business Socks

WAR and Rift's public quests were cool, but they suffered from needing to have players of the right level in that area for them to work. Once the majority of a server's population is at the level cap, those scenarios were all but impossible to do unless you had a large group. Rift's scaled better and you could fairly easily solo the minor rifts, but they just didn't feel like important events after doing your first dozen or so. WoW's scenarios sound neat, but they also sound pretty much just like another type of dungeon since you're still queuing up. It would be cool if they just happend out in the world, but that's tricky to pull off once everyone's focused on their level-capped characters.

Millya
Guild Leader
Wears Business Socks

They did mention that as the scenarios have no tank/dps/heals requirement, the queues should be almost instant to non-existent for them, and that they are designed to be really pretty quick, which might address some of those concerns, Shaen? I dunno, I'd have to see it in action!
Rhius
Rius Aldregan
Wears Business Socks

Half an hour before the opening ceremony, I was interested in what was going to happen.

Then, I got distracted by, you know, work >.> And I've only just now remembered all of this. So I'm catching up.

Annual pass = free D3... that might actually be worth it. Easy to see that it's a hedge against losing subscribers to SWTOR.

Panda race... I dunno about that. Looks... weird. Food related racials are silly. Half damage from falling also silly.

Monk class... extremely tempting? Tank/Melee Healer/Melee DPS is intriguing. I'll be playing either a Monk or a Barbarian in D3, so dunno if I'd want to switch in WoW. Definitely going to level one up, though. Be cool to be a melee DPS wielding a Staff; always liked that archetype. Dwarven Monk 4 Lyfe! No auto attack is interesting.

Huh; massive massive talent changes? Sounds kind of like D3 style "talents". One point per 15 levels? So... only six talents at level 90 is supposed to be _less_ cookie cutter builds?

Challenge Mode Dungeons sound cool. Time Trials for flashy statless gear?

Pokemon... for WoW. Huh. Didn't see that one coming. Not really something I'd be interested in, but to each his own.

Payload and Murderball modes for PvP arenas, haha.

Holy shit. Minimum range GONE... melee weapons gone? Nothing is a hunter weapon? Does that mean we... can't equip melee weapons anymore, or something? Maybe we can wear our ranged weapons on our backs or hips now? Weird.

"Rogue and warrior can just throw their melee weapon when they need to do ranged attacks." Hah, throw that giant two handed sword! Throw that four foot long "dagger"!
Rhius
Rius Aldregan
Wears Business Socks

Yeah, the new talent system is INCREDIBLY Diablo3esque.
Rhius
Rius Aldregan
Wears Business Socks

Alright, Hunter Talents.

Quote:
5:34 pm Hunters! Top hunter tier at level 15 is all about arrows and ammunition. Three different types, Frozen Arrows, Arcane Arrows, Venom-Tipped. Can freeze opponents, store up focus, put a DoT on others.

Sounds cool enough.

Quote:
5:36: Intimidation, Silencing Shot, Wyvern Sting.

This is fantastic because now I can take (for example) Silencing Shot while specialized as Beast Mastery. Good times, and means quite a lot for endgame raiding. Switch my CC/Utility skill based on what the fight needs without playing an entirely different spec. Imagine having MM's single target and AoE dps for Heroic Ragnaros while also having BM's 3 second stun and a 2 second pet stun.

Quote:
5:36 pm Disengage tier: Posthaste, Evasiveness, Exhilaration. Can get a self-heal.

No real thoughts here yet.

Quote:
5:36 pm Level 60 Crouching Tiger, Hidden Chimera - can improve Disengage and deterrence. Aspect of the Iron Hawk, and Spirit Bond.

Aspect of the Iron Hawk sounds cool, whatever it is.. Spirit Bond must be pretty buffed to have been moved here.

Quote:
5:37 pm Level 75 Fervor, Readiness, and Thrill of the Hunt, which passively gets focus for you.

Raid/DPS cooldowns, apparently. Gain a big chunk of focus, reset all your cooldowns or just increase your passive focus regen rate.

Quote:
Level 90: Traps! Flash Freeze, Black Ice, Transmorph Trap. Improves movement speed (the first, that is), toxin on Transmorph Trap that turns a target into a beast. interesting form of crowd control there.

Not sure how I feel about the capstone level's talents being... traps. Much rather it be something flashier. Monks probably get Geosynchronous Orbit Kick or something at level 90; I get a funky trap.

Quote:
What happens to the pet talents? GC says hunters can use any of the three specs for your pets. If you want to have a bear doing DPS or a moth in the raid, just choose which role you want them to perform. Hmmm, less elaboration on the hunter stuff overall, maybe because they changed slightly less than druids, but I don't know.

Good.
Shaen
Officer
Wears Business Socks

They're revamping Scarlet Monastery to be a... level 80 heroic? Surely that's a typo.

Sinpree

Not sure about new talent system, turned them into utility more then anything. New challenge thing seems like a solid idea, decent enough changes, hope there arent to many class changes that i feel like i have to re-learn my class. Definately simplfying everythin even more.
Panerai 1
Wears Business Socks

Quote:
Priests were changed the most drastically to make the two different healing specs unique. New healing spell that will swap your health with the target's called Void Shift, totally wild.

another cool down

Wears Business Socks

Rius Aldregan wrote:
Monks probably get Geosynchronous Orbit Kick or something at level 90; I get a funky trap.

I'll take this please.

Wears Business Socks

Panerai 1 wrote:
Quote:
Priests were changed the most drastically to make the two different healing specs unique. New healing spell that will swap your health with the target's called Void Shift, totally wild.

another freaking-awesome-OP-kick-you-in-the-face cool down

Fixed.

Wears Business Socks

New pet combat system: Giving raiders something to do during break time!

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum