Post new topic   Reply to topic    Business Time Forum Index -> Business Time Discussion (Public)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rhius
Rius Aldregan
Wears Business Socks

re: Many thanks to Zierlyn!

So I'm killing time at 1:30 in the morning, spamming trade chat with my new gun for sale and mulling over BM vs MM, again. That's when Zierlyn says;

"Solix is up; rare hunter pet spawn?"

Well, yeah! Solix is one of the five spiders; he's the orange one, looks the best, and doesn't have a non-rare counterpart like some of them do. He's the only spider I've wanted since seeing all of them.

Z invited me, summoned me to the Molten Front portal and watched as I tamed the spider. Took a few tries, and he was there to heal me after failures and snatch me out of the lava when I got blown into it once.

Solix!

Forum Image

That would have been an excellent night by itself, but there was more to come. On a whim, I turned on Track Beasts and rode out under the floating platforms that lead to the Druid island. Lo and behold, there was Skarr on my minimap, untamed, chilling on his little rock!

Panic sets in and I start riding up the long route, alongside the fire. A dozen hops and a short ride later I'm watching another hunter trying to tame Skarr. Fortunately for me, she is either nervous or doesn't know what she's doing because Skarr's Pyroclast Barrage one-shots her. I step up, begin the tame, interrupt his Barrage mid-cast and restart my tame and voila!

Skarr!

Forum Image

Forum Image

Pictures do NOT do this cat justice; check him out in the 3d viewer on WoWhead. Alternatively, I'll be using him for trash mobs pretty much forever.

Thanks again, Zierlyn! I definitely owe you one.
Rhius
Rius Aldregan
Wears Business Socks

He's a living obsidian cat with glowing rubies for eyes! :squeeeee:
Tassager
Wears Business Socks

This is great! Grats on both! Will you be using either on bosses?
Rhius
Rius Aldregan
Wears Business Socks

Probably not; the pet I use for bosses basically depends on our raid makeup, since each family provides a different raid buff or enemy debuff.

Spiders are Cunning pets with a snare; they're PvP pets generally. Unless the Sons of Flame can be snared, which I don't think is the case.

Cats are Ferocity pets with the bonus Str/Agi buff; generally we have that already from one of our Warriors. If we have no Warriors for some reason then I'd probably be using Skarr.

Typically I have been using a Ravager for the +4% physical damage debuff or a Hyena for the 30% bleed damage debuff; those are the two buffs we're usually short on one way or the other.
Darkravon

needless to say. congratz on both tames. excellent job my friend.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum