Faction : Alliance
Race : Dwarf
Class : Hunter
Spec 1 : Beast
Spec 2 : Marks

WoW Armory
WoW Heroes

Tell us a bit about yourself (the person, not the character.):
Answering questions like these always feels like I'm on Truth or Date =) My name is Howard and I'm 29; I live with my girlfriend (who sadly does not play WoW) and I work in IT. I'm a Scorpio, which is coincidentally the name of my all-time favorite Simpsons character.

I've been a computer nerd for the last twenty years; I cut my teeth on a 2400 baud modem connecting to BBSes and playing MUDs. And racking up atrocious phone bills, let us not forget! I built the computer I'm using now and the many that came before it, as well as those of several of my friends. I managed to parlay these "skills" into a decent paying job; take that, jocks!

I love reading fiction, mostly science and fantasy stuff. I've been watching Game of Thrones and laughing with hidden glee at the reactions of people who've never read the books. I'm also a big fan of 80s and 90s action movies and I've been buying dvds by the armload for $3 apiece at my local Half Price Books.

And those are just a few layers of the onion that is Rius. I expect you don't want an autobiography here =)

Please describe your previous/current raiding experience.:
I started playing WoW on launch week and became the equivalent of a hardcore raider, raiding five or six nights a week. Ahh, the Good Old Days, who's with me? I killed everything in Vanilla except for the Four Horsemen, Sapphiron and Kel'Thuzad and I still have the 5/9 T3 to (mostly) prove it. I played in TBC, again as a "hardcore" raider, up to but not quite including Kael'Thas before quitting to try and acquire a "career." Great Success!

I returned to WoW last December, leveled slowly and rejoined my old TBC guild for some T11 raiding. Currently I am 3/13 with extensive experience on Chimaeron and Maloriak. I've seen both of them at ~1% several times but a recent monthlong break from raiding has prevented me from attending an actual kill.

Why are you leaving your current guild (if applicable?):
When I returned from my long absence I was delighted to see a few names I remembered. Unfortunately, all three of them have moved on from the game; two are graduating and looking for jobs while one is moving across the country and doesn't expect to be back soon.

It's a guild of strangers now for the most part, especially when you consider our recent turnover. It's also a very low population server on the Alliance side and many things suffer for it; recruitment, the AH, etc. Last, and most important, our raid invites start just a few minutes after I get home from work. I'd prefer to have some time to unwind and relax, have dinner, that sort of thing.

Do you have an off-spec? How good is your off-spec gear, and are you willing to play it if needed?:
Officially, my off-spec is Beast Mastery. I use this for the occasional soloing of old content whenever I have free time for it.

I've spent the great majority of this tier getting comfortable with Marksmanship, which generally has the most complicated rotations and priorities. I leveled as BM and have the most secondary experience with it, so I could switch if it's necessary.

I can tank Argaloth as BM, if that counts =)

Hunter gear is all the same across specs so it'd be easy enough to switch. Requires a fair bit of reforging to hit haste breakpoints if you're switching between BM/MM and SV, as the latter doesn't have a 15% personal haste bonus.

Why are you interested in joining Business Time?:
Millya posted in my whore-myself-out thread in the WoW Guild Recruitment forums and won me over with her description of Business Time. Your raid schedule is a perfect fit to what I'm looking for and I think the smaller format will make it much easier to get to know my guildmates.

Plus she appealed to my Hunter Ego! Bonus points.

Honestly? I miss the guild atmosphere I had back in the olden times; I was lucky enough to be in a pair of guilds that had great progression and an excellent sense of camaraderie. Business Time sounds like the guilds I remember and I hope you guys will give me a shot.

Do you have Mumble installed and a working microphone? (Business Time is no longer using Vent):
Yes

Is there anything else you'd like to add not covered by the previous questions?:
Can't think of much right now except to say that my Jeeves is at your service =) Looking foward to hearing from you.

Application Availability Info:
Sunday -> Never
Monday -> Always
Tuesday -> Always
Wednesday -> Always
Thursday -> Always
Friday -> Don't Know
Saturday -> Don't Know
Carlctrl
Raider
Wears Business Socks

re: APPROVED - App: Rius Aldregan - by Vosskah

Ruis,
Thank you for your application. Please give us a bit (a day or two) to review it and we may have a few questions for you in this thread during that time.

Millya
Guild Leader
Wears Business Socks

Hi Rius! We'd like the chance to speak with you further in Mumble. Are you available tomorrow at 5 PM (PST, server time)?

If you can logon a few minutes before hand with a lowbie alt we'll set you up with the info.

I'll definitely be home by then but I may not be able to get online until later in the evening; I'd made plans for tomorrow night last weekend. Let me double check, but for now would a later time be acceptable? I know you're raiding tomorrow night and 5pm PST is before the raid; what about after it?

Guest Post Rules are In Effect for this Post
Vosskah
Officer
Wears Business Socks

After it is not ideal as we have many who would not be able to remain for the duration. I'm one of the ones that need to logoff soon after the raid ends to get my stuff ready to wake up at 6am mountain time the next day.

Would Friday possibly be better? I've found non raid nights to often be better for interviews as we do not have such a tight deadline. It also allows me to focus on the interview instead of going through my pre-raid checklist.

Wears Business Socks

That's perfectly understandable; sorry I can't make it this evening, then.

Any time after 5PM PST on Friday evening would be fine for me! Just say when.
Vosskah
Officer
Wears Business Socks

Alright, so the interview, as agreed already, is at 6h30pm Pacific.

See you then!

Is it 6:30 PM PST or 7:30 PM PST? I think Millya had said the latter but either works fine for me.

Guest Post Rules are In Effect for this Post
Noodlestein

If she said 7h30 she would most definitely have messed up PST with her own timezone.

It's deadset on 6h30 pst...
Though I could be horribly misinformed.

Vosskah
Officer
Wears Business Socks

Stupid timezones.

OK, let's pick 6h30 Pacific, so 7h30 Mountain, 8h30 central, 9h30 eastern, 10h30 maritimes and 11h Newfoundland.

What about the Arizona time zone?
Vosskah
Officer
Wears Business Socks

Noone cares about Arizona.

/cry
Vosskah
Officer
Wears Business Socks

Tassager wrote:
/cry

Oh please, you're on your way to Chicago every chance you get!

Vosskah wrote:
Tassager wrote:
/cry

Oh please, you're on your way to Chicago every chance you get!

Why yes. Yes I am.

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Business Time Forum Index -> Applications All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum