Server : US - Moonrunner
Level : 85
Faction : Alliance
Race : Draenei
Class : Paladin

WoW Armory
WoW Heroes

Tell us a bit about yourself (the person, not the character.):
I suppose I could skip this part as you all know me already but I like to be thorough! I'm 28 and work from home as a freelance illustrator/artist, doing odd jobs and whatever contracts come my way. My constant companion is my goofy chocolate labrador retriever, Rufus. He's not actually that interested in illustration but he does like me to take frequent breaks in order to properly rub his belly.

I live in Alberta, Canada with my husband Vince. We enjoy raiding and playing WoW together and consider it a great cooperative alternative to television. We don't have cable, because we're hippies like that - although we like watching movies and TV series that are out on DVD.

In my spare time I write a blog called Manalicious. I started keeping a blog about two years ago when I was recording my adventures as a pugging paladin (healing my way from 15-80). It's a fun pastime. Other than WoW-related stuff I like to read, cook, take long walks and listen to bands that usually existed before I was born. Now I have to try to see some of them live before it's too late (so my "to see before I die" list is more like "to see before they die.")

Please describe your previous/current raiding experience.:

I only started playing at the very end of Burning Crusade, so I did Kara and Zul'aman as a mage.

Once Wrath came out, I was in a series of casual guilds that raided as best they could.

I was a Holy priest for:
Naxxramas
Obsidian Sanctum
Eye of Eternity

I only did Razorscale as a priest in Ulduar, at that time I switched to playing a resto druid. Because our group was mostly new, we actually had to re-do Naxx (now as a resto druid) and the other stuff before going into Ulduar. We only had two steady healers for all of this time, so I was accustomed to two-healing everything. We came up with a crazy burn strat for doing Ignis that could allow for us to pull it off. During Naxx as a priest I had a good resto druid friend with me but later we mostly had to pug healers every week and so there was no guarantee of quality. For an Ulduar run from beginning to Hodir I would have done something like 60% of the healing all by myself. It was incredibly stressful and not at all fun, and led to my applying to Business Time to DPS. Before I left, I had done up to Hodir as a resto druid.

With Business Time (as a mage):
All of Ulduar hard-modes to achieve Ulduar drakes
All of ToGC

I did 12/12 heroic modes in ICC on two characters at various times. I switched to playing my druid again for a good chunk of ICC, to fulfill a hybrid DPS/healer role. I was healing for our first heroic Sindragosa kill! I actually almost successfully healed heroic LK as well (I think we wiped at 12% or something equally soul-crushing).

Around that time, as a paladin, I did 11/12 ICC (normal) with our alt run and later 10/12 heroic when we needed a healer to fill in but a druid wasn't ideal.

So having raided as three of four possible healers, I have enjoyed filling some green bars. Hopefully that's not all too confusing, I know my raid history is hopelessly convoluted.

In terms of current content, as a mage I am 6/13 HMs.

As a paladin, I have done 4/13 HMs with a friend's raid (but only 6/12 overall normal). (H Magmaw, H Chimaeron, H Atramedes, H Maloriak, normal ODS, normal Halfus, and some good attempts on H V&T). Naturally I "know" all the fights as DPSer.

Why are you leaving your current guild (if applicable?):
I'm not actually leaving my current guild, but allow me to answer: Why are you filling out this application?

Every time we have a healing slot I find myself wondering if I should fill it. It's tough to find healers with situational awareness and passion for doing a great job that are also a personality fit (I'm not even kidding, I've looked at healing 'ads' for people and thought, "Hey, they look okay!" Then I see their names. They have names like "Chuckletits" and "Pimptastic.")

I really loved playing a healer when I didn't have to carry the weight of the raid on my shoulders; I never had the opportunity to play with exceptional healers like in BT. I think I am a good DPS player, but perhaps not an incredible one (at least, I don't generate incredible aggro like some people do)... I think if I were able to devote myself to a healing character full-time I could surprise you all. :D

Do you have an off-spec? How good is your off-spec gear, and are you willing to play it if needed?:
Honestly, as a paladin I don't really enjoy off-spec. I have a decent protection set and could slowly build up a ret set in times of extreme need but I'd really rather focus on healing. I like my DPS to be ranged, and my heals to be robust.

Why are you interested in joining Business Time?:
Because there's no place I'd rather be raiding! I want to contribute in the best way that I can to BT. Finding Paranon recently has definitely proven to me that there are great DPS out there willing to join. With the loss of another healer, I'd like to inject some stability into the roster and as I am highly available it could help ensure we don't have to call off raids or have people play off-roles.

Do you have Mumble installed and a working microphone? (Business Time is no longer using Vent):
Yes

Is there anything else you'd like to add not covered by the previous questions?:

I went and healed for a friend's raid last night, here are logs from those fights (heroic BWD, one heroic Nef attempt). http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-v2cwegsbzo42ai2q/
Here is another log from our BoT raid, H V&T attempts: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-996yo0hmvhkb96aj/sum/healingDone/?enc=bosses&boss=45991

As far as Vid's gear goes, I think that she is sufficiently geared for current content and would not have too much catching up to do. Because of stupid gear luck, she will soon have two heroic tier pieces (currently has one). I know her gear is a bit behind but I've kept it up as best I could without much raiding through weekly pugging, valor points and crafted items. I think she held her own and was not excessively carried in raids so far. Undoubtedly I have to learn and gain experience as a paladin in raids, but I'm confident I could learn quickly. If being a paladin is not ideal for us, I could potentially try to gear up Shae (my druid) as well for a healing role, but I would probably prefer paladin healing.

I love the versatility of a paladin's toolbox; with so many cooldowns, strong single target heals (and the potential for AoE heals in certain situations with appropriate glyphs). I think that I could be an asset to BT's healing team, and I'd enjoy working with the other healers to kill as many internet dragons as possible.

Application Availability Info:
Sunday -> Always
Monday -> Always
Tuesday -> Always
Wednesday -> Always
Thursday -> Always
Friday -> Always
Saturday -> Always

Last edited by Millya on 2011/06/18 12:42; edited 1 time in total
Vosskah
Officer
Wears Business Socks

re: APPROVED - App: Vidyala - by Vosskah

Hi Vidyala and thanks for your application! We'll be reviewing it and getting back to you, during which time we might have some questions for you in this thread.

The rogue open italics bracket kills it for me. Thanks, but no thanks!

Paranon

Ogres support the 21st Amendment.
Paranon

Billy Mays approves!

Ogres support the 21st Amendment.
Panerai 1
Wears Business Socks

Forum Image

Wears Business Socks

That's it. It's settled. My next alt will be named "Chuckletits."

Also, could you please log out in your healing gear?

Nub.
Tassager
Wears Business Socks

Are you equally comfortable raid or tank healing?

(I am SO not a healer, so if this is way wrong, absolutely slap me)

Seems that despite Blizzard's best efforts, Pallys still excel at tank healing. If we're in a situation where we need a ton of raid healing... might be best to have Jake and Ulla both on raid (a role in which they both excel), leaving the tanks for you... that cool?
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Business Time Forum Index -> Applications All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum