Server : US - Moonrunner
Level : 85
Faction : Alliance
Race : Worgen
Class : Warlock

WoW Armory
WoW Heroes

Tell us a bit about yourself (the person, not the character.):
I'm 28, engaged, and don't enjoy long walks on the beach. My passion is writing, and I hope to do that full time one day. In the meantime--and in an attempt to stave off the starving artist stereotype--I'm a technical editor for a financial firm in the Boston area. I telecommute about 80% of the time, so I end up idling by the AH or fiddling around on alts way more than I really should.

As far as other hobbies and interests, I cook regularly, don't go to concerts as often as I'd like, and read way more than I probably should. I've been a gamer since elementary school and my first GameBoy, and I've been hooked on World of Warcraft since the original beta. Don't see that changing anytime soon.

Personality wise I like to think that I'm generally laid-back and level-headed. I make oodles and oodles of bad jokes (and it's probably a good thing you don't have a moonkin right now, because I've got a ton of bad Foghorn Leghorn cracks squirreled away), and the more groans I get the happier I am. I'm also an avid theorycrafter and like to stay on top of both the mechanics of my own class as well as those of current boss encounters as well.

Please describe your previous/current raiding experience.:
Classic:
- Everything up to about halfway through Naxx40

BC:
- Everything, including M'uru and KJ pre-nerf.

WotLK: I switched mains to a DK tank (Gravois@Dalaran) at this point as my guild had about 8 warlocks and 1 tank. It was meant to be temporary until another reliable tank could be found, but that kind of never happened so a lot of my WotLK experience was with him. I switched back to my lock a little over a year ago when I changed guilds.
- DK: Everything up to early ICC except for Anub in ToGC25 when it was still current.
- Warlock: All of ICC10/25H including HLK10 and 25.

Cata:
- 12/12 Normal 25
- 6/13 Heroic 25 (Halfus, Magmaw, ODS, Maloriak, Chimaeron, and Atramedes) with sub 50% attempts on both Double Dragons and Conclave of Wind.

Why are you leaving your current guild (if applicable?):
The RL boss crit my current guild, Axiom of Icecrown, pretty hard. In the past two weeks we've lost 3 reliable, strong players. Last week two more had to step down (half of the officers no less), which caused a chain reaction of others who had been waffling falling on the side of RL. All told, this month we've lost about 8-10 people. As far as guild deaths go, this has been by far the most drama free and friendliest I've ever heard of, if also the saddest. It was a great guild and we had a good run, but RL comes first and sometimes you just have to know when to call it quits instead of trying to flog a dead horse back to life with a pair of AA batteries and a lot of spunk.

Do you have an off-spec? How good is your off-spec gear, and are you willing to play it if needed?:
I'm comfortable playing all three specs, but my first love is Demonology. My felguard is my hetero-demonic lifemate, and has been since 2.0. I may have been the only idiot using a felguard on KJ instead of the sippy bird style shadow bolt spam spec (and succeeding, I might add--even helped run a Demo Support Group over on the Warlock's Den website at the time).

As such, and because of the wonky stat weights that demo has compared to affliction or destro, my gear's gemmed/enchanted/reforged to be more in line with that. Which isn't to say that I can't put out respectable numbers with the other specs (I believe I hit 96ish on Al'Akir 25N last week as affliction), but that they tend not to be quite as high as demo (unless the fight highly favors one spec over the other).

My motto's always been that I love demo and I'll try my damndest to make it work, but if I can't keep up with the other specs (either in general or on a specific encounter) then I'll switch. The same holds true if the raid really needs a certain ability from another spec. The well-being of the raid always comes first.

Why are you interested in joining Business Time?:
Surprisingly, I actually know two of your members already (Sinpree and... the warrior formerly known as Silania). Given that we were all in a previous guild together looking to get similar things out of it, it probably shouldn't surprise me that much that we've all stumbled across Business Time.

I'm looking for a guild that has a relaxed, friendly atmosphere but can still get progression done. I want to enjoy the people I raid with, and still see all the content that Blizz puts before us. Frankly (and cheesily), I'm looking for a home. I've talked with Sinpree and seen how much he loves it here, and from everything I've seen and the talks I've had with Millya, I think I'd be happy here too.

I've also always liked the atmosphere of 10's more than that of 25's. I haven't had much experience with it in a progression setting, but I'd like to. Your schedule also perfectly aligns with my own. 3 raids a week is exactly what I'm hoping to find. Days don't matter (as my schedule is flexible), but I've learned from experience that while I can make 3 nights a week with almost 100% attendance, any more than that and things get crazy.

Do you have Mumble installed and a working microphone? (Business Time is no longer using Vent):
Yes

Is there anything else you'd like to add not covered by the previous questions?:
Screenshot: http://img3.imageshack.us/img3/4352/paranonui.jpg

Here are the WoL reports for my current guild: http://www.worldoflogs.com/guilds/82418/
At the risk of sounding like I have an ego (which I hope I don't, but selling oneself is part the guild hunting process), I'm ranked in the top 100 for nearly every normal and heroic 25 encounter, with many in the top 50 or better. I know my class inside and out, and hopefully the survivability, ranks, and the like can back up my boast. Which isn't to say that I don't make mistakes (I may have hit Bane of Doom instead of a prepot on Al'Akir last week and sat there wondering why I was getting fried), but I try my best to limit them, and am constantly striving to improve my own performance.

I could probably ramble on a lot more, but I think I've talked Millya's ear off enough over the past few days so I'll stop myself here. I'm freely available if there's anything anyone wants to know, so don't hesitate to ask.

Application Availability Info:
Sunday -> Always
Monday -> Always
Tuesday -> Always
Wednesday -> Always
Thursday -> Always
Friday -> Never
Saturday -> Always

Ogres support the 21st Amendment.
Paranon

re: APPROVED - App: Paranon - by Vosskah

Sorry, I could have sworn I changed the server tab to Icecrown, but apparently I only thought about doing that. Here's my armory link: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/icecrown/paranon/advanced

Millya
Guild Leader
Wears Business Socks

Hi Paranon, and thanks for your application and interest. Yours is something of a special case; as I don't think there's a single guildie who hasn't looked over your armory already. (I appreciate the time you took in fleshing out your application nonetheless).

We'd like to speak with you more in 'person,' when do you think you might be available? Happy
Paranon

I'm about to start cooking dinner, but I'm not sure what my plans are for the rest of the evening (ie. may be going out but it depends on what ze fiancee feels like doing, so who knows). It might be easier if you pick a time that works for you, then I can try and see if I can work something out.

Noodlestein

Quote:
hetero-demonic lifemate

I laughed pretty hard at the one. xD

Millya
Guild Leader
Wears Business Socks

I think tonight would probably be pretty short notice to gather everyone, and Vince and I are heading over to my parents' in a few minutes. We might be missing a few people tomorrow, but how about before raid time? That'd be at 5 PM PST (so 8 PM for you).

Does that work for you (and BT folks, does it work for you too?)
Millya
Guild Leader
Wears Business Socks

Actually our plans were cancelled for tonight so we are available now, depending on what works out for other people.
Paranon

Tomorrow at 8 should work fine.

Paranon

Hah, posted after I saw your response. I can do anytime tonight, just let me know.

Tassager
Wears Business Socks

My, what big teeth you have. And what fur!
Fsob
Wears Business Socks

Good to see your app Paranon!

I promise I'll throttle my warlock hate.

Wears Business Socks

Okay, we scrambled so we wouldn't have to do it on a raid night - so 7 PST tonight then! You can whisper any of us beforehand to get the Mumble info and we'll see you then! Thanks for your patience with the scheduling. Happy
Paranon

Sounds good.

Vosskah
Officer
Wears Business Socks

Paranon, thank you for meeting with us tonight.

Following lengthy and vocal discussions, we have decided to offer you a trial with Business Time.

Welcome aboard!

Man, that took forever. I was starting to get worried! But in all seriousness, I'd be delighted to accept.

Is there a specific date you'd need me transferred over by? I ask, because my current guildies and I are hoping to give our guild a last hurrah tomorrow/Tuesday, and try to push it the last chunk of the way from lvl 24 to 25. Sort of a final farewell before we all scatter to the four winds. I'll also need a day or two to get my in-game funds consolidated and sorted. The earliest I could transfer is probably Wednesday, assuming everything goes well. Certainly no later than this weekend.

Also, does that weird "Human Verification" thing for posts ever go away?

Guest Post Rules are In Effect for this Post
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Business Time Forum Index -> Applications All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum