Post new topic   Reply to topic    Business Time Forum Index -> Business Time Discussion (Public)
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Sinpree

re: Dragonwrath, Tarecgosa's Rest.

That proc seems like it could either be extremely underwhelming for DoT classes or be so good that it screws more direct damage class. The proc will be overpowered, as it should be, its a legendary. The healing mace I had in Wrath, that proc was insanely overpowered, those shields accounted for 13-18% of my healing in a raid. Speaking of which I might bust that out when we do a normal boss just for fun, I miss making lots of shields on people.
Meraxiss
Wears Business Socks

Bashiok

Community Manager

Weapons are probably the coolest item to upgrade. Head/shoulder slots are also very visible, but for most people it's the most satisfying to get an awesome new weapon. Scaling an item in that slot means we're depriving you of that enjoyment of finding and equipping a new item - - which actually begins to feel pretty crappy. You may see an awesome new weapon drop, but you pass on it (or are forced to pass on it) because your old legendary still scales.

Additionally, it may be tough to get legendaries for a while, but if they were continually the best item it would totally be worth it to go back and roll over that content when it's easier to outfit everyone in your raid with their Infinitely BiS weapon.

Dragonwrath, of course, has a really awesome on-use ability, and we hope that's reason enough for people to keep it around even if it's not always their equipped weapon.
On use effect! may not be the damage part but at least the dragon transformation (maybe both)
Fsob
Wears Business Socks

I saw that!

It doesn't fall in line with the ptr datamined staff but could be something they are gonna add later.

Quote:
Dragonwrath is designed to be DOT-friendly. Simply put, it has a chance to copy each tick of a DOT spell. There is no internal cooldown, since we want it to be good for warlocks and Shadow priests.

Furthermore, the proc chance is adjusted favorably for pet specs that derive a significant portion of their DPS from pets.

Our goal is to tune Dragonwrath in such a way that you can give it to any caster without anticipating certain classes or specs getting a bigger benefit than others.

I wonder if that means the proc rate is variable based on class/spec. Regardless, the proc having no ICD and being tied directly to every time you deal damage is thirty kinds of ridiculously OP.

Ogres support the 21st Amendment.
Meraxiss
Wears Business Socks

Warglaives 2.0
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Business Time Forum Index -> Business Time Discussion (Public) All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum