Post new topic   Reply to topic    Business Time Forum Index -> Business Time Discussion (Public)
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Noodlestein

re: Dragonwrath, Tarecgosa's Rest.

I have a few sulferon ingots. Wouldn't be too hard for me to get Noodle the mace.

Edit: okay, a little more work than I thought.. Forgot about the eye and the over9000 arc bars -.-

Last edited by Noodlestein on 2011/05/14 15:30; edited 1 time in total

Meraxiss
Wears Business Socks

Serepha wrote:
Quote:
Warglaives were insanely OP in TBC

A friend of mine that had those on his rogue would actually put them away in battle grounds, because if he didn't the entire other team would hunt him relentlessly. Everybody wanted to be the guy that killed the rogue with warglaves...

If you solo qued with them you were certainly a target. But with a pocket healer or two they were unstoppable in BGs, and you cursed when you saw them in arena.
Fsob
Wears Business Socks

Forum Image

Looks like this is the final staff. Has the proc and is now BoP. They also changed the crit to haste, good move imo.

Wears Business Socks

Am I correct in assuming due to the wording "chance to gain" the proc will just happen when it happens, and duplicate whatever spell you just cast when it happened?
Autoriot

Likely, otherwise OP
Millya
Guild Leader
Wears Business Socks

True. Using an addon monitoring ICDs could help you attempt to time a hard-hitting spell just then, I suppose (easier for Frost than Fire for sure). Not that I'm mage-centric or anything.
Paranon

I wonder how that proc will actually function. If it can be timed to duplicate BoDoom, that'd be nuts.

Ogres support the 21st Amendment.
Zek é

Paranon wrote:
I wonder how that proc will actually function. If it can be timed to duplicate BoDoom, that'd be nuts.

Imagine a Battle Chicken, with their Mastery, critting during an Eclipse, procc'ing a double whammy....holy hell

I can see the proc being pretty messy for Tank aggro at the top of a pull or during a transition/swap.
Autoriot

They can just give Noodle and I legendaries for mis-directs and all will be good.
Tassager
Wears Business Socks

Autoriot wrote:
They can just give Noodle and I legendaries for mis-directs and all will be good.

Oh. This. So this.

Paranon

Ezzee wrote:
Imagine a Battle Chicken, with their Mastery, critting during an Eclipse, procc'ing a double whammy....holy hell

I can see the proc being pretty messy for Tank aggro at the top of a pull or during a transition/swap.

Yeah. Even if it just duplicates a tick of a dot and not the full spell, if the proc lines up with metamorphosis, trinkets, boss mechanics (ODS puddles, Double Dragon EM), etc. I could easily see something like Bane of Doom ticking for a quarter million damage. I wonder if it duplicates secondary effects/spells that spawn a guardian (Ebon Imps, Doomguards, Treants, Mirror Images, etc.). That might be a little too OP though.

Aggro may actually be less of an issue, but again, it depends on how the proc functions. If it attributes the extra attack to the "staff" then that threat fizzles and is void, but yeah, if it attributes it to the caster that would be painful for anyone without a reliable aggro dump.

Ogres support the 21st Amendment.
Sinpree

Millya wrote:
Am I correct in assuming due to the wording "chance to gain" the proc will just happen when it happens, and duplicate whatever spell you just cast when it happened?

I think from reading it I sort of agree with your thinking. Guessing it really is just basically a chance to double damage the spell you just cast. Seems to me this might go the way of a really low proc chance but no ICD. I am thinking the wording on that will change a few times before it goes to live as that really isn't really all that clear.
Tassager
Wears Business Socks

Sinpree wrote:
Millya wrote:

I think from reading it I sort of agree with your thinking. Guessing it really is just basically a chance to double damage the spell you just cast. Seems to me this might go the way of a really low proc chance but no ICD. I am thinking the wording on that will change a few times before it goes to live as that really isn't really all that clear.

I agree with you on how it's likely to proc/operate. That makes the most sense.

But... does it duplicate a dot? Can I have two five CP rips going simultaneously (I mean, of course, because this is a feral druid weapon)? I can't imagine it'd worth that way... but if it does, holy cow.

On the other hand... how will it work with something like Arcane Blast, that puts a stacking debuff on the target? Does the procced "extra" spell provide another stack of the debuff? I would imagine that it will.. and that'd be an incredibly powerful mechanic.
Millya
Guild Leader
Wears Business Socks

AB's stack is not applied to the target, but to the caster. =) So in the case of AB, I am sure you would gain a stack, yes.
Tassager
Wears Business Socks

Oh, right. Ex-mage fail.

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Business Time Forum Index -> Business Time Discussion (Public) All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum