Post new topic   Reply to topic    Business Time Forum Index -> Business Time Discussion (Public)
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page Previous  1, 2
Shaen
Officer
Wears Business Socks

re: H Chim for DPS vs Healers

Autoriot wrote:

I think gear has a decent part to play however. Yeah, better geared dps means the fight goes into p2 and finishes faster, but better geared tanks means more health and avoidance/block and better geared healers means more regen, more mana, and more spellpower which are all very important.

Well sure, gear does matter in the fight, but not nearly as much as the RNG and timing on the healers' part. I'm just saying this is one of those fights that will still be hard even after we've far outgeared it simply because of how the mechanics work. And since it's not even fun to begin with, I think the poor 3-headed bastard will be very lonely once we get everyone a heroic kill.

Noodlestein

Well one of our issues was the who "if my spell doesn't crit they dont go above 10%" or whatnot, so gear would take out that bit. but thats just one of many things.

Autoriot

Shaen wrote:
I think the poor 3-headed bastard will be very lonely once we get everyone a heroic kill.

Unfortunately he has the upgrade token for our tier gloves, so he's 2 loot + 1 token we know will be used for sure. If it wasn't for that I think we would be very easy to skip on future attempts.

On a side note, the bastard also has the only non-set gloves for Tassager and myself, so we're likely stuck with 359 gloves if we don't repeat kill him, not that it is a big deal though. Just crappy luck that all the gloves are on him.

Noodlestein wrote:
Well one of our issues was the who "if my spell doesn't crit they dont go above 10%" or whatnot, so gear would take out that bit. but thats just one of many things.

It stinks that some classes receive more healing while others do not. I'm sure it makes it hard to know what spell can be used to get a person above 10k without relying on a crit when it changes from person to person. For example, I noticed on Monday that Kaylei has a heal that hits me for 10.2-10.3k non-crit, perfect for that fight...however I have +20% to heals received talent (along with +15% movement speed), so this spell alone would not be enough for most other classes.
Tassager
Wears Business Socks

Autoriot wrote:
Shaen wrote:
I think the poor 3-headed bastard will be very lonely once we get everyone a heroic kill.

Unfortunately he has the upgrade token for our tier gloves, so he's 2 loot + 1 token we know will be used for sure. If it wasn't for that I think we would be very easy to skip on future attempts.

On a side note, the bastard also has the only non-set gloves for Tassager and myself, so we're likely stuck with 359 gloves if we don't repeat kill him, not that it is a big deal though. Just crappy luck that all the gloves are on him.

And those are by far, not even close, my BiS gloves.
Meraxiss
Wears Business Socks

Patchwerk 4.0 baby
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Business Time Forum Index -> Business Time Discussion (Public) All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum