Server : US - Tortheldrin
Level : 85
Faction : Alliance
Race : Dwarf
Class : Paladin
Spec 1 : Protection
Spec 2 : Ret

Tell us a bit about yourself (the person, not the character.):
I’m 30 years old and I live in Mexico City , I’m Manager of a Logistics group for an IT Company, even though the title can sound really fancy and interesting; I can assure you it is not… Basically after work my only other occupation is WOW. I have been playing this game since Beta and I instantly loved the freedom and the social interaction it offered, later on I started to love raiding and overcoming instances with the help of your guild, I actually love that feeling you get after defeating a particularly difficult boss with your raid for the first time, this feeling is exactly why I play the game nowadays.

English is my second language, I’m usually really fluent although I still think I have a thick accent… for some reason a lot of people think I have a French accent… don’t ask me why … I actually lived 6 years in the US , I went to college for 4 years and worked for 2 more years over there, I returned to Mexico shortly after since I was extremely home sick after all that time in a foreign country \cry.

I love challenges, and WOW is not the exception that’s why I’m looking for a 10man raid group, since I think raiding in 10 mans as of now it’s more challenging than 25 since the 10 people need to act and behave perfectly in an encounter to overcome it, there is no room for errors in a 10 man. I don’t like the “Hard Core Raider” concept, I think you can easily be successful raiding only 3 nights a week, it’s not the quantity what matters, it’s the quality. I do however take raiding very seriously and the time that I raid I always try to give my 100%, I’m usually always ready with flasks and food.

Please describe your previous/current raiding experience:

Classic: I raided on a Rogue this was actually my first character and my first guild ever.

• Molten Core- Farmed all bosses.
• Black Wing Lair- Farmed all bosses.
• AQ40 – we got stuck at twin Emperors.
• Naxx40 –we only killed Anub-Reckan

TBC: Changed guilds and I was one of the first Paladin Tanks on my Server, I instantly loved it!

• Karazhan- Farmed all bosses.
• Gruul- Farmed him.
• Magtheridon- Farmed him.
• SSC-Farmed all bosses.
• Tempest Keep-Farmed all bosses.
• ZA- Farmed all bosses.
• Black Temple- Farmed all bosses.
• Sun Well – Only defeated Kalecos, Raid group was tired and we decided to give it a rest up until next expansion.

WOTLK: Same Guild that I raided in BC with, I was also Main Tanking most encounters.

• Naxxramas25- Farmed all bosses.
• Sarth+3- Farmed them.
• Malygos25 – Farmed him.
• Ulduar 25- We didn’t Kill Yogg, I took a break from the game for personal reasons.
• Algalon10- Killed him after I came back with my new and actual guild, 10man raid guild.
• TOC10- Farmed all bosses
• TOGC10- Farmed all bosses
• ICC 10- Farmed all bosses
• HICC10- killed all bosses except LK; we got our drakes instead and waited for Cata.

Cata: Same 10man Raid guild also tanking.
• BWD - 5/6 10man
• BoT - 3/4 10man
• TotFW - 1/2 10man

why are you leaving your current guild (if applicable?):
I am in an extremely low population server, slowly but surely alliance in that server is facing extinction. In a non-raiding night, I can be the only one online in my guild, and we are the only alliance guild successfully raiding in that server which is sad… since we only raid like 6-8 hours a week. The raiding in my guild is becoming way to casual for me and because of this we are progressing really slowly. As you can see I’m not a guild hopper I have only been in 3 guilds since Vanilla.

Do you have an off-spec? How good is your off-spec gear, and are you willing to play it if needed?:
I do have a Ret Off-Spec, however my Gear for it is horrible at the moment, we have been “DEing” off-set epic gear to help the raid members with high-end enchants, and since I’m basically main tanking all the solo tank fights, it was not needed for me to switch to DPS. I would DPS with no issues whatsoever If I had a bit more gear.

Why are you interested in joining Business Time?:
There are some common denominators in all the guilds I have been part of, adult-based, mature, responsible, high skill and friendly. This guild fits all those characteristics that I think are important in a guild. From a more technical aspect, raid times and days are great for me and of course you are a 10 man progression guild which is something that I’m specifically looking for.

As I said I like a mature environment, but this doesn’t mean that I don’t like to have a laugh, but there are times for jokes and silliness and there are times while I am raiding for example, that I like to be serious about it, especially during progression. Aside from that I’m pretty relaxed and friendly when it comes to the game; it is indeed a game after all… :D

Do you have Ventrilo installed and a working microphone?:
Yes

Is there anything else you'd like to add not covered by the previous questions?:
I have 2 alts that I like to play in off-nights, a well geared Fire Mage and an even better geared PVP Resto Shaman, I’ll include their armories as well just in case.

WoW Armory Links:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/tortheldrin/califax/simple
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/tortheldrin/heats/simple
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/drakkari/kalifaxo/simple

Let me know if you have any more questions

Application Availability Info:
Sunday -> Always
Monday -> Always
Tuesday -> Always
Wednesday -> Always
Thursday -> Always

Guest Post Rules are In Effect for this Post
Noodlestein

re: DECLINED - Prot Paladin

Someone of the Superior Dwarf race.

Requirement: Epic Beard.

Millya
Guild Leader
Wears Business Socks

Hi Califax, and thank you for your application! Please give us some time to discuss it and we will get back to you. We may have some questions for you here.
Sinpree

Can you post what your rotation typically is?

Can you post what your rotation typically is?

sure thing!

When pulling I go >

Avenging Wrath > Divine Plea > Avenger Shield> Shield of the Righteous > Crusader Strike > Judgment > Crusader Strike > Holy Wrath > Crusader Strike > Avenger Shield >

from here I will have tons of Threat already so I can choose going World of Glory or shield of the Righteous, but that depends entirely on several things, the kind of damage is on me, the healers mana, or if its a burn face or not, obviously depends on the threat generated by the DPS since I like to have a healthy distance in OMEN from them before using WOG.

So for a single boss tanking, I would rotate the rest of my abilities around crusader strike, then release the 3 HP points with either WOG or SOTR.

I still like to throw consecrate whenever possible in there, I'm actually speced in to it and with the Glyph is still good even for single target tanking.

I hope this answers the question. ^^

Meraxiss
Wears Business Socks

Hi Califax, thanks for applying, I do have some questions for you about your gem, enchant, and reforging choices as well as your spec. But first of all are you willing to change them if asked?
Kalifax

Sure! I'm always willing to change for the best.

I do follow my class changes very closely and I'm a regular reader of Tankspot and Maintankadin, I have been tanking since the start of BC and the class has certainly changed for the better.

If I may try and lightly explain some of my gemming and reforging> After the Stam fest that was Wrath, I tried to reforge everything to Mastery and gem for avoidance in this expansion, using also 1 stam trinket and 1 avoidance.

later on I did notice some Pally tanks stacking again stamina for Heroic raid content since magic damage was extremely high in some encounters. I'm not in that content yet of course..., but I did notice a lot of burst magic damage in normal Nef for example, so I changed a couple of things here and there to give me more effective health, among those changes I just went for the double stam trinkets instead of the dodge stam combo I was using.

My parry is way ahead of my dodge right now unfortunately, and I have been trying to balance that out .My mastery/Block its in a good level I think, I do want more mastery however its hard for me to use the mastery/stam gems when my dodge is so low, I like to always balance out my avoidance/mitigation stats.

but yeah no worries ask me anything! Happy

Meraxiss
Wears Business Socks

Good to hear your willing to make changes, for the most part the magic damage heavy encounters have not been to the point that a double stamina trinket setup would outstrip having higher mastery. Obviously we all take what we can get with trinket drops but I would highly recommend working on your Baradin rep for a [Mirror of Broken Images] The mitigation and on use for magic damage is everything you could ask for in a trinket.

Why did you take points in [Hallowed Ground] over [Rule of Law] or even over [Divine Guardian]?
Vosskah
Officer
Wears Business Socks

Ok, Mer, I think we need to keep some questions for the vent interview. wink

Kalifax, after discussion with our people here, we'd like to meet with you in a vent interview very soon. We're just trying to coordinate internally and see when would be a good time first.

Do you have times or days where an interview would not work for you in the next 4 days or so? Our apologies for the delay, we're just facing rather conflicting schedules here currently.

Thanks for answering all of our questions, Kalifax. We'd like the chance to speak with you further in Vent. Are you available any time on Sunday?
Kalifax

Hi Millya,

Ill be available all day Sunday, just let me know at what time would be best for you guys and ill be there.

oh and to answer Meraxiss question about .

I mentioned that I still like and use Consecration a lot, its really useful for snap aggro on AOE nastiness like Maloriak adds, Nef 3rd phase, those stupid flowers in Conclave and I use it as well for my single target rotation mostly with the extended duration Glyph to add a bit more DPS and threat without having to constantly cast it in my rotation.

I do have 1 point on it... I like it, but since I have no aggro issues with single targets, I valor more for AOE threat and DPS.

Here comes the selfish answer... :P Well not really, before it was re-designed this thing acted like a bubble therefore losing attention (not aggro) on what you were tanking, I was Main Tanking most of ICC heroic at that time, so it was not a good idea to use it when Blood Queen was trying to suck me dry...

However It was immensely useful when off tanking her while she was doing her AOE fear/damage phase, at the end my healers were able to keep us up without much trouble during that phase and I decided to Main Tank her and avoid the respeccing. For other encounter which I was more actively tanking I didn't care for it much.

Today with the re-design it seems to be more useful but still 6 seconds on a 2 min CD, seems to to me an extremely short time to spend the most needed point on it.

At any rate and of course if its needed for any encounter from this point on, (I haven't done Cata Heroics yet) I would certainly respecc for it.

Oh... and to answer Noodle's fist question/affirmation/comment?

<------- Epic Dwarf beard ----- *Check* (Brownish with frontal pigtails).

Kalifax

I tried to link the 3 Talents up above but it seems I'm terrible at it .

I was talking of:

1. Hollowed Ground
2. Rule of Law
3. Divine guardian.

In that order.

Thanks!

Vosskah
Officer
Wears Business Socks

How does 7pm PST in vent sound? Just create a level one character and message one of us and we'll give you the vent info.

7pm Sunday sounds great, thanks.

server time I assume?

Vosskah
Officer
Wears Business Socks

Yup

Actually, it's not PST anymore, isn't it? It's PDT. Right.

Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum