Name : Squishee
Game : World of Warcraft
Server : US - Hyjal
Level : 85
Faction : Alliance
Race : Spacegoat
Class : DK
Spec 1 : Blood
Spec 2 : DW Frost but am open to go Unholy, being a higher DPS threshold and all.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/hyjal/squishee/advanced]Lookatmeh!

Tell us a bit about yourself (the person, not the character.):

Helloooo! My name is Jason and I'm a 29 year old Pharmaceutical Research Tech. I've been playing WoW for the past 6 years and started as a way to waste time during college. In my free time, I play league softball and baseball, cook, and I play drums in a rock band. I like obscenely spicy food and have completed some crazy food challenges resulting in my picture being on the walls in some restaurants. I also like sports. So much that it's probably unhealthy. For shame...

Please describe your previous/current raiding experience.:

As far as raiding goes, I've been doing it since I MTed on my warrior in MC/BWL/AQ20 and 40. When BC came out, I began playing a fire mage and managed to finish SWP before LK came out. During LK, my work schedule made raiding somewhat prohibitive so I quit the game after Naxx 2.0. A few months later I transferred my mage from Gilneas (an east coast server) to Hyjal (west coast server) to ease the time constraints on my raiding and began pewpewing again.

As far as Cataclysm goes, I've tanked all but Nef and Chimaeron in BWD, CoW, and all bosses in BoT save for Cho'gal (although my current raid group have yet to take down all but worm, Omnitron, Halfus and V&T). I have also seen these fights from a ranged DPS perspective, if it matters any.

Why are you leaving your current guild (if applicable?):

I just want to preface this section by saying that the reason that I'm considering leaving my current guild is not because of any personal conflicts or any ragequitting or the like. I absolutely love my guild and many a good time has been attributed to the fine people of Defiance on Hyjal. However, there is one (and only one) reason why I'm even considering changing guilds: progression. I won't get into specifics here, but our guild composition makes it so that I have a lot of competition for raid spots. As of right now, I only see a raid around twice a month on my mage and my DK tank only goes as far as my guild's farmable bosses because that raid group only raids once a week. Unfortunately, as a dyed in the wool raider, I can no longer justify staying a guild that has such a dearth of weekly raids no matter how much I like the people.

Do you have an off-spec? How good is your off-spec gear, and are you willing to play it if needed?:

Yes and yes. My offspec is DW Frost. My DPS gear is all iLevel 346 with the exception of a few epics here and there (off the top of my head, I have the epic rep neck from the cat people and the Electron Inductor Coils off of Omnitron).

Why are you interested in joining Business Time?:

Well, first and foremost, I honestly believe (despite being really undergeared for the content you guys are running) that I can be a huge asset to your guild. Not only do I play a class/spec which you guys are needing ATM, but I know I can fulfill the role for which you are recruiting well. I come prepared to raids, I read up on fights and I watch the videos of any unfamiliar encounters on tankspot (mostly because I enjoy the accent and the voice of the person that makes the vids...soo soothing ). Selfishly speaking, just poking and prodding around the site, it seems to me that you guys take raiding seriously without taking the game itself too seriously. Also, I see Business Time as an excellent opportunity to see raid content. Honestly, if I never get any drops in any raid whatsoever, I'll be fine as long as I see the content. That's all I really want out of a guild anyways (well, that and to have super cool people to talk to).

Do you have Ventrilo installed and a working microphone?:

Yes.

Is there anything else you'd like to add not covered by the previous questions?:

Something that I have to add is that my WoW PC is currently dead. It should be up and running in the next week, but I feel you should know this should I be needed in game for whatever reason.

Thanks for taking the time to read my application (especially since it's so verbose). I also wanted to thank Millya for being very encouraging to me. The process of applying for guilds is a bit new to me as I've only been in 2 guilds since I started playing WoW 6 years ago no comment.
Brodey_The_Mage

re: DECLINED - Squishee-Blood DK tank app

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/hyjal/squishee/advanced

I phail at linking cleverness.
Carlctrl
Raider
Wears Business Socks

Quote:
I read up on fights and I watch the videos of any unfamiliar encounters on tankspot (mostly because I enjoy the accent and the voice of the person that makes the vids...soo soothing ).

(I'm assuming your talking about Aliena)

YES! Glad to have someone else on my side!

Unfortunately for you, Squishee, that line might get you an instant DENIED from this must-be-deaf group.

Shaen
Officer
Wears Business Socks

It's not her voice, it's the way she reads.

Sinpree

Can you post what your rotation typically is?
Brodey_The_Mage

Sinpree wrote:
Can you post what your rotation typically is?

Single Target Priority:

Outbreak>DS>HS>RS>WIN!

I pull with outbreak, then go with DS for the shield. After the DS I HS until my blood runes are on c/d. I'll then use DS whenever it's up and RS to hold threat. I'll only use HS to burn through my blood runes. Refresh diseases with outbreak whenever it's up.

AoE Priority:

Outbreak>Pest.>DnD>DS>HS/BB>RS>WIN!

Pull with outbreak, spread diseases with Pestilence, drop a DnD, then go into my single target priority list. If there's 4+ mobs, I'll substitute the HS for BB.

Hey Squishee,

Despite your horrible taste in Tankspot narrator (Sorry, but Papapaint is much better), we've decided after discussing with our team here to ask you to meet with us in vent and discuss your application directly.

We're just trying to figure out the scheduling internally (stupid schedules!! I need everyone to use Outlook or at least Google Calendar! Somehow I think Millya would shoot me if I tried...) but we'll get this started as soon as we can.

Now, you said your computer is fried. Do you have a secondary computer/work laptop/web enabled toaster with which you could use vent and speak with us? And are there times that would not work out for you in the next 4 days or so?

Forum Image
"Anyone like some toast?"

Sorry, when Voss said 'web enabled toaster' this was the first thing that came to mind. Hopefully this gets recognized by someone. hehe

I haven't watched Red Dwarf in so long.

It's a damn shame!

Zierlyn
Raider
Wears Business Socks

I was thrilled to find out the entire series in on Netflix.ca (note the ".ca" since apparently it isn't available from the American netflix). I also learned from there that in 2009, they got back together and made 3 final episodes to end the series, and I have to say they were beautifully done.

GAH! I'm de-railing this thread. Umm... let's see... So, tanking stuff... What do I know about tanking stuff...

>.>

<.<

*escapes out the back*
Vosskah
Officer
Wears Business Socks

Zierlyn wrote:

GAH! I'm de-railing this thread. Umm... let's see... So, tanking stuff... What do I know about tanking stuff...

>.>

<.<

*escapes out the back*

You know that your raid leader is a tank and so you definitely should run fast for derailing a tank app. twisted

Shean's a tank?! You lie!

Guest Post Rules are In Effect for this Post
Noodlestein

-Kaylá- wrote:
Shean's a tank?! You lie!

I hear shamans make the best tanks, I mean why else did Frost shock have added threat back in the day ;)

Millya
Guild Leader
Wears Business Socks

So Squishee, we'd like to talk with you in Vent and the best day for us is Sunday. Are you available at any time on this day?
Brodey_The_Mage

Sorry for the late response..

Yes, Sunday sounds good. I'll be free after 5 pst.

Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum