Post new topic   Reply to topic    Business Time Forum Index -> Business Time Discussion (Public)
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Millya
Guild Leader
Wears Business Socks

re: Rift

I have mixed feelings about the Rift thing, it's fun but every time I log into WoW nobody is online and it's sad. ;p Voss doesn't have it yet, and I have noo idea how to make a guild (what would we call it?) and I haven't settled on a character yet.

I have been having ridiculous fun with my dwarven cleric though. I know, wrong Faction, but dammit I love her chubby little legs sprinting around the countryside.
Fsob
Wears Business Socks

If you all migrate to Rift and leave me alone in WoW then I'm gonna be forced to roll a warlock and curse each and every one of you! twisted

Fsob wrote:
If you all migrate to Rift and leave me alone in WoW then I'm gonna be forced to roll a warlock and curse each and every one of you! twisted

Not going to happen. :P
WoW is still > Rift in my opinion. Much more "polished".

Shaen
Officer
Wears Business Socks

No, there's no chance of stopping WoW. I've mostly been playing Rift because very few people are in WoW most of the time I pop in and because it's a decent enough change from WoW's cartoony world.

Carlctrl
Raider
Wears Business Socks

Yes! Post your names here and we should create a guild, I would have no qualms with letting my lvl 30 cleric rot to start a new character with ya'll.

Defiant side, Estrael server, Stougarth cleric and Saleem Rogue

Noodlestein

Forum Image

o.o

Sinpree

Damn they made no attempt at all to make it not look like WoW even the nameplates are the same.
Noodlestein

Honestly, EQ wasn't a whole lot different with the nameplates.
Why fix something that isn't broke, ya know? xD

But yeah, thats probably why I enjoy playing it, it's familiar enough yet has enough "uniqueness" to it to make it interesting.

Though I can't wait to raid tonight, I dont think this game will have the same feel as wow does for raidage. (mobility seems a bit more clunky than wow)

Shaen
Officer
Wears Business Socks

And they were smart to rip a lot of the best features out of WoW and other successful MMOs. The good part is that they also improved upon several of WoW's default UI features in pretty significant ways. We'll see how moddable the game ends up being, but the options for customizing the default UI are years ahead of WoW's still somewhat static interface.

Noodlestein

Shaen wrote:
And they were smart to rip a lot of the best features out of WoW and other successful MMOs. The good part is that they also improved upon several of WoW's default UI features in pretty significant ways. We'll see how moddable the game ends up being, but the options for customizing the default UI are years ahead of WoW's still somewhat static interface.

I read somewhere that they are totally against addons/mods for the game after seeing how much trouble it has caused wow. Bossmods making "ques" trivial, dps meters essentially ruining the game since thats all alot of people care about it numbers and not helping out the raid etc.

But who knows, they could just go through a process of approving addons themselves. which would be nice, I'd like a "hud" like meta/icehud since I already have my healthbar/enemyhealthbar around my character anyways, wouldn't end up breaking the game.
meh

Shaen
Officer
Wears Business Socks

Supposedly they have a dps/healing meter built into the game, but I haven't tried it out. It is sort of nice being ignorant of those numbers while playing for a change.

Noodlestein

Really? I haven't found those meters.
Though if they are in the game I guess the whole thing I read was complete nonsense... which is very possible.
I like having meters just so I can check myself and see if I'm doing better/worse and where I can improve and where I should be... but of course meters also get used for epeening/"skill" checking for groups thus ruining it D:

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Business Time Forum Index -> Business Time Discussion (Public) All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum