Race : Draenei
Class : Paladin
Spec 1 : Holy
Spec 2 : Hybrid

WoW Armory
be.imba.hu
WoW Heroes

Tell us a bit about yourself (the person, not the character.):
I'm a 26 year old pharmacy tech living the the south.

I picked up WoW one day because I had a new computer, nothing to play, and friend had been bugging me to play. Two years later, I've had to rebuild the computer, the friend moved, and there are other games, but WoW stuck.

I'm also a knitter, mostly making really nerdy things like dice bags and gloves with DNA cables on them, and little stuffed dragons.

It scares me when I think about how long it's been since I've graduated from college with a biology degree, but I'm thinking of going back for pharmacy school.

I like reading anything I can get my hands on, including a large variety of WoW blogs, which eventually led me here.

Please describe your previous/current raiding experience.:
This character has yet to set foot in a raid. However, I have a resto druid that did ICC while it was current, but just the first wing on heroic, and has done a couple bosses of BWD. I've been reading up on the rest of the current content for my druid, so I already know the fights from a healing perspective.

Why are you leaving your current guild (if applicable?):
My current guild is basically a bank/alt guild, and I don't have the support/group to raid in my current guild.

Do you have an off-spec? How good is your off-spec gear, and are you willing to play it if needed?:
Current off-spec is Shockadin for questing/dailies but, I am willing to respec Ret if needed, collecting gear would take a bit however.

Why are you interested in joining Business Time?:
I started following Vid/Millya's adventures in pugging (I have been horribly shy when it comes to commenting though), and her description of the guild sounded like a wonderful group of people.

My server doesn't offer much in the way of raiding, at least with people that are decent people, and I want to raid. So I thought I'd throw caution to the wind, and apply here.

Do you have Ventrilo installed and a working microphone?:
Yes

Is there anything else you'd like to add not covered by the previous questions?:
In case my raiding experience answer didn't indicate this, Luna is an alt. A well loved, well taken care of alt, but an alt none the less. I'd like to try to make her a second main character because I like pally healing, and just don't get a chance to do much of it.

Application Availability Info:
Sunday -> Never
Monday -> Always
Tuesday -> Never
Wednesday -> 2x a Month
Thursday -> Always
Friday -> Always
Saturday -> Always
Millya
Guild Leader
Wears Business Socks

re: DECLINED - App: Millidin - by Vosskah

Hi Luna and thanks for your application and interest.

Our guildlaunch links aren't working properly to the armory so I'm going to link your armory here for ease of access: Armory Link

We'll be taking a bit of time to review your application during which we may have some questions for you in this thread, so please check back in case there's anything we need to ask you.
Millya
Guild Leader
Wears Business Socks

We've had some time to discuss your application and a few questions have cropped up that I'm going to group here for ease of discussion.

First, we understand that the character is an alt, but she really needs a fair bit of work before she'd be raid-ready for the content we're doing as you probably already know. There's much gear she could get through BoEs, reputation rewards, she doesn't have Therazane rep, etc. Do you have a gearing plan for her? We took the liberty of finding your druid (same name as your forum name) and she seems to have the care and attention I expect from a raiding character, but I'd like to hear from you in this regard.

Our next question is about how you say that Luna is your "second main," what exactly do you mean - that your druid was your main but now you intend to focus on your paladin - or that raiding with us wouldn't be your primary WoW focus? There's no "wrong" answer to this, by the way, it's just something we weren't sure about.

Somewhat further to the question above, a number of us have concerns that most of your raiding experience seems to be with your druid - is there a possibility that as you raid more with your paladin you may find you don't much like it after all? We're usually looking for someone who is really passionate about their chosen class (and I'm not saying that you aren't or can't be) but I think it's a valid question. It seems that Luna hasn't run many Cata instances (even normals) at this point, although I see that you've run a heroic since yesterday when I looked.

Finally, there are some spec/glyph choices that leave me a bit puzzled. Your spec implies that you are using Light of Dawn more than you're using Word of Glory (You didn't take Eternal Glory, and only 1/2 points in Last Word) but you've glyphed for using using Word of Glory (Glyph of Word of Glory, Glyph of the Long Word). Two points spent in Ret on Rule of Law is also fairly unorthodox. In your glyphs I can see you don't have any minors at all. I know holy paladin minors aren't really world-breaking but it's a shame to have nothing at all.

I don't mean to bombard you with these things, I'm hoping you can give us some insight into the questions above, and thank you. Happy
Milliface

Thanks for getting to back to me! I hope I can answer your questions well.

Millya wrote:

First, we understand that the character is an alt, but she really needs a fair bit of work before she'd be raid-ready for the content we're doing as you probably already know. There's much gear she could get through BoEs, reputation rewards, she doesn't have Therazane rep, etc. Do you have a gearing plan for her? We took the liberty of finding your druid (same name as your forum name) and she seems to have the care and attention I expect from a raiding character, but I'd like to hear from you in this regard.

I do have a gearing plan. I was a touch nervous about running heroics right at the minimum gear requirement, so I'm just now getting around to farming them.

I'm working on Earthen ring rep for the chest and gloves, Ramaken for the Belt (that is second on the rep list), and then Therazene for the ring and shoulder enchants. I'm about halfway through Deepholm, and am finishing up that while waiting in queues.

I'm saving justice points for the helm and possibly gloves if I want to get to the belt faster.

Quote:
Our next question is about how you say that Luna is your "second main," what exactly do you mean - that your druid was your main but now you intend to focus on your paladin - or that raiding with us wouldn't be your primary WoW focus? There's no "wrong" answer to this, by the way, it's just something we weren't sure about.

My druid is set for a bit, and doesn't need any attention. She has flasks, food, potions and gold to do nothing on other than raid for about 3 months. Also, a not insignificant portion of my druid's guild is going to be playing Rift more than Wow. I don't know how much I am going to get to play with my druid and her guild if everyone leaves. So, I do intend to focus more time and energy onto my paladin.

Quote:
Somewhat further to the question above, a number of us have concerns that most of your raiding experience seems to be with your druid - is there a possibility that as you raid more with your paladin you may find you don't much like it after all? We're usually looking for someone who is really passionate about their chosen class (and I'm not saying that you aren't or can't be) but I think it's a valid question. It seems that Luna hasn't run many Cata instances (even normals) at this point, although I see that you've run a heroic since yesterday when I looked.

There is the possibility that once I start running raids on my paladin that I won't like healing in a raid setting. I don't think that's a very strong possibility, but I will definatly try in the next few days to get in on any BH pugs that I can. Like I said earlier, I was nervous about healing heroics while undergeared. My current alliance guild has no one but me at 85, and I don't have the connections to grab a good tank off my server and pug with them. Running at least one successful heroic was a huge confidence builder, and I will hopefully have time to heroic farm over the next few days. Transitioning from healing 5 mans to 10 mans is a big jump, but as generally a tank healer, it shouldn't be a bad transition.

I am passionate about healing in general, and my experiences with my paladin so far have only reinforced that.

Quote:
Finally, there are some spec/glyph choices that leave me a bit puzzled. Your spec implies that you are using Light of Dawn more than you're using Word of Glory (You didn't take Eternal Glory, and only 1/2 points in Last Word) but you've glyphed for using using Word of Glory (Glyph of Word of Glory, Glyph of the Long Word). Two points spent in Ret on Rule of Law is also fairly unorthodox. In your glyphs I can see you don't have any minors at all. I know holy paladin minors aren't really world-breaking but it's a shame to have nothing at all.

My spec and glyphs are a work in progress. I was trying out a more LoD oriented spec, and glyph of the long word, but I found I'm using WoG more and am going to change back to a spec that works better with that. Minor glyphs are as you say not world-breaking for holy, so I've been a touch lax on picking those up.

Again thanks for taking the time to get back to me, I appreciate the feedback and consideration.
Millya
Guild Leader
Wears Business Socks

Luna, thanks for taking the time to answer our questions thoroughly and thoughtfully. I definitely can't blame you for wanting to get your gear up a bit before braving heroics (especially the pugs)!

At this point, we feel that generally our timelines just aren't matching up - we need someone who can pretty much step in at the point we're at in progression and you need some time to work on your paladin. You are clearly passionate about healing and your druid is your first love so naturally she started to raid first. If we needed a druid, we might have to talk to you about swapping hooves for night elf ears or paws.

Thanks again for your application and best of luck, I hope you can find a good group of folks that have need of a holy pally.
Milliface

Thank you again for taking the time to consider my application. I absolutely understand that you need someone that can step right in, and that I can't right now.

Best of luck with your recruitment!
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Business Time Forum Index -> Applications All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum