Post new topic   Reply to topic    Business Time Forum Index -> Business Time Discussion (Public)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fsob
Wears Business Socks

re: Business Time vs. Cho'gall

Didn't have time to resize it (non wide-screen monitor ftl) or to add music but here it is.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZFtmx2Im6pA

Hey, if we had enough people recording we could totally put together one of those compilation kill videos from multiple angles! :D

BTW, assuming you used fraps, What settings did you have it on?

Fsob
Wears Business Socks

Noodlestein wrote:
Hey, if we had enough people recording we could totally put together one of those compilation kill videos from multiple angles! :D

We should totally do this! Sounds fun!

Noodlestein wrote:
BTW, assuming you used fraps, What settings did you have it on?

I used xfire to do the video capture. Maximum settings.

Really? I didn't know Xfire could do that... I might give that a shot, it seemed that yours came out a little less fuzzy than mine do when fullscreened (I run fraps at 30fps, and half screen as it lags otherwise)

Fsob
Wears Business Socks

Noodlestein wrote:
Really? I didn't know Xfire could do that... I might give that a shot, it seemed that yours came out a little less fuzzy than mine do when fullscreened (I run fraps at 30fps, and half screen as it lags otherwise)

Yea. I used to use xfire back when I still played cod all the time to get hackers banned off my fav servers.

I used xfire to compress it into a mp4 as well. Normally use virtdub and then edit with premiere but xfire worked surprisingly well. It does have a few lag spots in places where I didn't lag in game. =/

I just recorded a bit of Greed Corps... Went from 9gb of video to ~50mb once converted XD

As for the recording fights from multiple angles, the only bad part is that all the video would have to be either 16:9 or 4:3. D:

I should really get a widescreen monitor, but I can find better things to spend my money on atm, like food :D

ps. heres that video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8jdglHEram4&hd=1

:3

pss. I've noticed some crackling in the sound for it, where I'm pretty sure the game doesn't actually have it.

Fsob
Wears Business Socks

Noodlestein wrote:
I just recorded a bit of Greed Corps... Went from 9gb of video to ~50mb once converted XD

What did ya use to compress it with?

Noodlestein wrote:
As for the recording fights from multiple angles, the only bad part is that all the video would have to be either 16:9 or 4:3. D:

Can resize everything to 720p/16:9. Would have some fluctuation and skewing but it wouldn't be to bad imo. Could always cut keybindings and chat off the 4:3 if it's needed.

Noodlestein wrote:
I should really get a widescreen monitor, but I can find better things to spend my money on atm, like food :D

Food is overrated!

Noodlestein wrote:
pss. I've noticed some crackling in the sound for it, where I'm pretty sure the game doesn't actually have it.
Sound was quite good. crackling wasn't horribly noticeable.

Btw, is that a popcap game?

Just the default Xfire MP4 stuff.

and Negative! Its some game I got off steam for 5$, I think the sale ends today, it was also on sale during the xmas stuff for about the same amount.

The question is, will I be able to fullscreen record wow or will it have to be halved Hrmmm

We could do that, if transisions were done right cutting between 16:9 and 4:3 wouldn't look too bad. or like you said, cut off widescreen to fit 4:3. Seeing how the main stuff is going to be in the middle anyways.

Noodlestein

It would seem 10minutes is the max for Xfire to do its business, and I don't believe it will encode without it being told to upload, thus no encoding..

So, what do you use VDub for exactly before throwing it into premier?

Also, I just played around in wow a bit with it... Not a chance I can run it fullscreen and raid record at the same time unless I turn the settings way down, you'll see once I get this video up on youtube.
Looks like it will stay halfscreened.

Panerai 1
Wears Business Socks

I fraps a lot too - unfortunately i tend to fraps wipes and then I get concerned about lag and don't record kills (h:LK for example)

I used to make videos all the time, i don't think i've made a BT one yet

i'd be happy to coordinate footage and then upload my output somewhere for someone to make a multi-angle movie

I use fraps 30fps in widescreen

Wears Business Socks

Also, personally, i really enjoy vent as part of a movie soundtrack - or at least portions of vent dialog.

I've gotten so lazy with my last videos.

This is how it goes: (in my mind)

We're pulling now?
-hit record-
-drag mouse to second monitor-
-click play on winamp to continue where I left off-
FIIIIIGHT!

If(Sysmsg) YOU WIN!
/useskill savevideo/stoprecording
/emote Cheer!
Throw the video into WMM(Ha, yeah, I know)
Upload
????
Profit!
Else

If(Sysmsg) "FAAAAAIIIILLLLUUUUURRRRREEEESSS!" (Thanks Dreamwalker.)
/useskill stopvideo/highlight/del
/go to recyclebin
/empty
/continue
else

Yeah, lazy videoage.
>.>
<.<

Fsob
Wears Business Socks

Noodlestein wrote:
and Negative! Its some game I got off steam for 5$, I think the sale ends today, it was also on sale during the xmas stuff for about the same amount.

The animations and music reminded me of plants vs zombies.

Panerai 1 wrote:
Also, personally, i really enjoy vent as part of a movie soundtrack - or at least portions of vent dialog.

Last time I tried recording vent it sounded so horrible that I couldn't stand listening to it even to figure out what was wrong. I'll be upgrading from xp to win7 later on this week and I'll see if I can get it figured out. Also if you and/or Noodle got vent recorded with your capture then we can just use it.

Not a fan of the vent noise during videos (except for the yelling at the end when a tough boss is defeated finally), however I can see how it would be useful for those who weren't present at the fight to hear the communication and what was called out.

I use to make videos back in the DAoC days, it was a lot of fun but a lot of work too if you're putting different clips together and making sure that they are synced up well. It's much easier when it's just your video and it's all in order and there's nothing to edit except maybe where it starts and ends.

I use to piece PvP footage together, so the final video would have lots of different clips involved, but even then, they didn't have to be synced up in a time order like if you're trying to combine different angles into one boss fight video.
Fsob
Wears Business Socks

Autoriot wrote:
Not a fan of the vent noise during videos (except for the yelling at the end when a tough boss is defeated finally), however I can see how it would be useful for those who weren't present at the fight to hear the communication and what was called out.

I use to make videos back in the DAoC days, it was a lot of fun but a lot of work too if you're putting different clips together and making sure that they are synced up well. It's much easier when it's just your video and it's all in order and there's nothing to edit except maybe where it starts and ends.

I use to piece PvP footage together, so the final video would have lots of different clips involved, but even then, they didn't have to be synced up in a time order like if you're trying to combine different angles into one boss fight video.

The syncing up is quite easy using programs like premiere. Once you line up one point (the pull) then everything else is already in place. You just have ot make sure that when you transition from one clip to another that you keep them aligned.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum