Post new topic   Reply to topic    Business Time Forum Index -> Business Time Discussion (Public)
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page 1, 2  Next
Panerai 1
Wears Business Socks

re: gameplay on the 7th?

What do you predict gameplay will be like on the 7th?
I was around at BC launch, but not wotlk launch. BC launch was a disaster, but I think Blizz has learned a few things, especially with the content being basically available now - not as many installing from discs, then patching, then trying to login.

Anyone taking the day off? I won't be on at 2am my time, but i'd like to play right away.

Do you think the servers will be playable at all on the 7th? 8th?

I did the digital order - I assume people getting physical discs are only doing so because of wanting collectors edition (or are brand new players). I can't see there being any content on the physical disc that anyone (who's logged in within the past month) doesn't already have downloaded.

Wears Business Socks

The Wrath launch was very smooth. We did the midnight thing and then played until 5am or so. We were more than halfway to 71 by the time we shut things down.

Things were actually a lot more hectic the next day than during the launch night. With the electronic distribution this time around though, I think the night crowd might be much larger so we might not play as much during the night.

We actually even thought of not going at midnight and just buying the game the next day. Problem is, those trailers are really getting me excited. 86 hours and 2 minutes before servers are up... I think if I don't get the games at midnight, I'll be insufferable and Mil will kill me.

And yes, she wants the Collector's Edition otherwise we'd be doing the electronic download /sigh.

I'd try playing the night of but I just can't stay up that late on a work night. I'm sure I'll be up playing far too long the following night, though.

Vosskah
Officer
Wears Business Socks

I'm trying to convince Mil to use the fact that this is a Pacific server to our advantage.

Wake up at 5am every day and play non stop until 5pm. Maybe bring a fridge to the computer room.

So far, no success.

will people hang out on vent while they level?

I notice BT'ers tend not to get on vent till 5 min before raid. I know that is a broad statement, but I usually hop on for a minute or look at the fancy front page status and then turn Pandora/slacker back on.

We all have a lot to gain from doing heroics together, so I hope we are all on running a couple of 5 mans a night between quests.

From what I can tell, I think i'll be starting in Vashj and not Hyjal, but who knows.

very much looking forward to this Happy

I will be on vent, and will be as available for grouping as possible, even for quests.
Fsob
Wears Business Socks

Pretty sure I'll be going to 85 in one sitting. Didn't participate in the beta but I've heard it takes about 12-15 hours for someone who knows what they're doing. I can do Tuesday's work on Monday/Wednesday and have the whole day free.

Assuming of course that the game, my computer, and my internet don't have other plans...

Wears Business Socks

Fsob wrote:
Pretty sure I'll be going to 85 in one sitting. Didn't participate in the beta but I've heard it takes about 12-15 hours for someone who knows what they're doing. I can do Tuesday's work on Monday/Wednesday and have the whole day free.

Assuming of course that the game, my computer, and my internet don't have other plans...

If anyone can pull it off, it's probably you. But I think you're insane. I think it will take more time than that. But at the same time, if you manage to stay ahead of the rest of the players, you can get through quests pretty fast.

do you use like Carbonite, Questhelper or Lightheaded?

Wears Business Socks

Voss and I will be picking up our copies at midnight here and we'll probably play as the servers come online (at 12 PST). I'm not sure whether we'll play all night or not, for Wrath we did. He's got time off all week and I'm nearly finished my current contract so I'll be able to take some time possibly interspersed with work.

I'm not sure about one sitting but if last time was any indication it's a wild rush on the way to get a first 80, I guess I'll take my time as I level my alts later. ;p

We'll be on Vent (Mumble?) for any who want to hang out, and definitely strongly encourage many to do the same - we should be doing instance groups of at least 4/5 as we level! It's all guild XP plus...fun!
Fsob
Wears Business Socks

Panerai 1 wrote:

I used Carbonite when I first started playing. Don't use any questing addons anymore though.

For Cata I'm going back to the default ui with just poweraura's, snowfallkeypress, and omnicc. Don't want to take a chance (however slim) of an addon bogging down my leveling process.

Wears Business Socks

I'll probably start with Vashj'ir just because i like the concept better. I won't rush to 85 at all. Even though I'll probably be doing it 10 times, I want make the most of the first run through.

Panerai 1
Wears Business Socks

Fsob wrote:
Panerai 1 wrote:

I used Carbonite when I first started playing. Don't use any questing addons anymore though.

For Cata I'm going back to the default ui with just poweraura's, snowfallkeypress, and omnicc. Don't want to take a chance (however slim) of an addon bogging down my leveling process.

fsob - sounds like you're going for realm 1st mage

If you are and need any group quest support and i'm on, let me know. i'm not in any rush and if I can help, i'd be happy to

Wears Business Socks

Panerai 1 wrote:
Fsob wrote:
Panerai 1 wrote:

fsob - sounds like you're going for realm 1st mage

If you are and need any group quest support and i'm on, let me know. i'm not in any rush and if I can help, i'd be happy to

Thanks! I'll be sure to let ya know if I come across an elite with a stubborn tendency to knock my head off.

Chances are I won't even come close to getting it (no beta exp ftl) but I think it will be really fun to try!

Wears Business Socks

Fsob, the offer's the same from me. If you need someone to get hit in the face for you, let me know.

Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum