Post new topic   Reply to topic    Business Time Forum Index -> Business Time Discussion (Public)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fsob
Wears Business Socks

re: Preordering Cata. Is it a must?

I haven't been around for the other WoW expansions and I was wondering what it was like for those of you that have. Should I preorder, or will my local game store have enough? Will there be lines? Should I get it off the internet?

You get the idea of where I'm going with this. I just don't wanna miss out on all the level 80+ fun.

Wears Business Socks

The Starcraft 2 people said downloading the game on release day was fine. But that was SC2 and this is WoW, so who knows how well the servers hold up. I'd prefer to just download it, but I preordered all the previous expansions just because I wanted the collector's editions. I'll probably go ahead and preorder it and just cancel if I'm able to download it and play on release day.

Panerai 1
Wears Business Socks

Don't the downloads start well before launch? When the CD/DVD goes gold, i think you should be able to start the download soon thereafter.

That makes go-live day really just like a patch day(downloading a minor amount of content) Except for the millions trying to get into the same zone you are....or start a goblin.

And if you get CD/DVD, you still need to download a game-day patch

but i could be wrong

Wears Business Socks

For the last 2 expansions my local stores had plenty of copies. Might not hurt to pre-order if you plan to get a physical copy, but I think others are right and you will be able to download 95% of the game a week or two before it is available.

<Guessing> The only advantage to the physical copy is you'll probably be able to play right away at midnight (or shortly afterwords) whereas the downloaded version will probably have to wait until the next morning.

Vosskah
Officer
Wears Business Socks

Yes, pre-ordering is really if you want to start right away at midnight or so. Last time, we almost got a level in during the night before going to bed. But that might have been a bit much... no comment

Fact is, if you know you'll be playing it, and you know where you'll be buying (either online or physical), might as well pre-order.

I just pre-ordered a copy of the collector's edition and the guy at EB said that Blizz is being "way less stingy" with this expansion than they were with Wrath. So if you want a CE it should be pretty easy to get your hands on one this time, especially if you order one now.

I'll probably pre-order because I want a CE, but truthfully I don't see it necessary just convenient. Ordering online + delivery > physically picking up the game.

Sort of jazzed about not mounting up as a Worgen and running super fast.

Also, I graduated and am now just certifying to prepare taxes for this upcoming season.

Also, I'm hungry. And tired.

AND....

that's it. Just added for dramatic ending.
Shaen
Officer
Wears Business Socks

Congrats! Happy

Vosskah
Officer
Wears Business Socks

Congrats, Baddger!

And as for the preordering, it will be done tomorrow night. Millya wants a CE so we'll be there at midnight again.

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum