Race : Undead
Class : Priest
Spec 1 : Holy
Spec 2 : Shadow

WoW Armory
be.imba.hu
WoW Heroes

Tell us a bit about yourself (the person, not the character.):
I'm male, 28, and currently a 4th-year Psychology student attending university in British Columbia. I am engaged with no immediate plans to get married while the two of us are knee deep in student loan debt (I mention this, because the one question we're sick of hearing is "Have you guys set a date?" Yargh!)

I've been playing MMO's since Everquest way back in the day, and WoW since release (since open beta, if you want to get nitpicky.) Zierlyn, the character I would be bringing over, was my first character on WoW, and has been with me through thick and thin. In my time on WoW, I've been on many servers, and in many guilds, all of which have fallen victim to random guild drama and personal lives interfering with online friendships. As such, I am most interested in a guild which has a close family atmosphere populated with mature, intelligent people.

Please describe your previous/current raiding experience.:
(Only 10-mans)
Naxx - Cleared when it was still top tier.
Ulduar - Guild got to Hodir before exploding. (Post-ICC I've killed Keepers)
ToC/ToGC - Cleared only after ICC came out.
ICC Normal - Cleared
ICC Heroic - 9/12 (As of yet, no Putricide, Sindragosa, or LK)

Mostly these are healing with my Priest. All of ICC with my Priest, at least.

Why are you leaving your current guild (if applicable?):
As I mentioned earlier, I've been playing WoW since release, and always with my best RL friend. Because of various situations (stories which Shaedre and Voss are likely familiar with if they remember) he's started over/transferred around servers a number of times. Every time, with me in tow shortly after.

Fast forward to about a year ago. My friend, his girlfriend, and I converted a small social guild into a raiding guild by inviting an existing group of friends from the opposing faction to transfer and join ranks. Eventually we managed to get a pretty balanced team of 10, and we worked our way up and past LK, and are currently working on heroic Sind and Pute.

However, my best friend has grown tired of WoW, he and his girlfriend have decided to go their separate ways, and here I am, now stuck with a guild of people I get along with and raid with, but wouldn't exactly consider close friends. It's no fun logging on to raid and never really feeling like joining in on any of the conversations they're having.

As such, I'd much rather transfer to a server with some friends I know I enjoy chatting with!

Do you have an off-spec? How good is your off-spec gear, and are you willing to play it if needed?:
Currently, I am Holy main-spec, and have a Shadow off-spec. Both are 251/264'd out. Only one piece of Sanctified, though both specs have 4p T10. I'm free to play either spec. I know most of the fights as a healer though, so it's not gear that would be the issue on fights, it's learning the DPS aspect of it that would hinder me most.

Why are you interested in joining Business Time?:
I enjoy raiding, but it's not the end-all-be-all of my reasons for playing WoW. While I would love to raid with you all, being put on standby is fine with me as well, as I have other reasons for wanting to join. These reasons are mainly that Shae and Voss are good friends from a previous guild and I'd want to help you all out as much as I can. There's nothing I can think of gear-wise that I'd really want out of ICC these days, so what I'm mainly looking for is a social group rather than a work group.

Do you have Ventrilo installed and a working microphone?:
Yes

Is there anything else you'd like to add not covered by the previous questions?:
Since I still need to find a replacement for myself in my current guild (as well as smooth things over so they don't totally freak out at me) I'm thinking my transfer would be effective September at the earliest.

Also, feel free to decline me! I don't want to put any undue pressure on Voss and Shae because I'm an old friend of theirs. I know my application dropped their names quite a few times, but it was pretty unavoidable since they're basically why I'd do the transfer in the first place.

Application Availability Info:
Sunday -> Always
Monday -> Always
Tuesday -> Always
Wednesday -> Always
Thursday -> Always
Friday -> Always
Saturday -> Always

Wears Business Socks

re: APPROVED - App: Zierlyn - by Vosskah

Your armory links are not working, so I assume you are mid-faction/server transfer. Other than that you app looks really good. One question how are you at playing Disc?
Zierlyn
Raider
Wears Business Socks

Hrm. That should say Moon Guard as my server, not Moonrunner. Could have sworn I had Moon Guard selected.

Armory Link
Don't think I'm on imba
wow-heroes link

Hopefully those work. *checks with preview* Yep, there we go.

Wears Business Socks

Grawr! WTB edit button!

Anyways, regarding your question about playing Disc. I was Disc for basically 4 years. The only reason I'm Holy now is because the skills synced better with a Holy Paladin healer (which we always had). I also was Disc/Holy as my two specs until I was needed to be the swing healer/dps on fights as well.

So to answer your question, I'm pretty decent at Disc although I'm surely a little rusty now. I must say however that Body and Soul at the right times on certain fights can be pretty sweet. =)
Noodlestein

I hear you like "animu".

Important question:
Top 3 shows.

Your answers will determine alot! >:P

Vosskah
Officer
Wears Business Socks

So we'll have an interview in the next few days. Since you're not in a hurry to transfer, it will probably be a night where we have an alt raid or something but I'll leave it to Shae to organize this.

Okay, due to Zier's raiding schedule coinciding with ours, we're going to meet and interview him this coming Tuesday at 7 PST. Be there or have Gigantic Tirion disapprove. :D
Noodlestein

-Doesn't show up untill animu question is answered-

Zierlyn
Raider
Wears Business Socks

Hrm. Favourite three, eh? Too difficult! I can't do it! I can't!

http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Zierlyn

There! I haven't updated it in like over a year though. Been some truly great ones that aren't on that list yet. I was wanting to ask if that was Poplar(Popura) as your avatar!

In any case, trying to pick my favourite 3 out of a list of 500 titles is too hard! RAWR! (Maybe I'll think about it over the weekend. =p)
Noodlestein

Why yes, yes that is her :3
I see you watch recently released shows.

MAL, I prefer A-P but whatever gets the job done right ;P

-shows up to interview-

Zierlyn
Raider
Wears Business Socks

I haven't been able to keep up with as much recent stuff as I'd like to (or like I used to). Slowly catching up on FMA: Brotherhood (ep. 23), Hayate no Gotoku 2nd Season (ep. 14), K-ON!! (ep. 10), just finished Working!!, and... that's about it. I'd want to watch more, but I've gone from 2-3 hours of anime a night to 2-3 episodes a week. Those pesky fiancee's! hehe
Noodlestein

Ah, I usually watch an ep a day.

Sunday: Setokai Yakuin/Asobi ni Iku yo/ Highschool of the Dead
Monday: Seikimatsu Occult Gakuin
Tuesday: Sekirei S2
Wednesday: Strike Witches / K-ON!!
Thursday: Ookami-san to Shichinin no Nakamatachi
Friday: Amagami SS / Kaichou wa Maid-sama
Saturday: Mitsudomoe / Shukufuku no Campanella

... Okay so a little more than an ep a day. but meh.

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Business Time Forum Index -> Applications All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum