Tell us a bit about yourself (the person, not the character.):
I'm a sucker for killer one liner jokes

My favorite author is Greg Hardy

I believe in the holy contour of life

I'm 24 years old, and I work as a restaurant manager

I prefer peanut butter and jelly over steak

I'm Cajun/South African

I have a noticeable accent so I don't talk a lot in vent

I only play WoW for two reasons: the social aspect, and to tank.

I've spoken extensively with two of your members, Noodlestein and Fsob, and both have assured me with great confidence that this guild places relationships over loot, and that even though you're a highly progressed guild, you're still mellow. That's what I want in a guild, serious about raiding but more serious about relationships. I also understand that you're not currently recruiting for raiding positions so I'd be interested in applying socially, and maybe if a position opens up down the road I might be considered. As of right now I don't have the gear, nor probably the clear cut experience with the encounters you're doing, so even if you did have an opening I wouldn't be a great choice to fill it, but I figure it'd be a great place to call home while I learn.

Please describe your previous/current raiding experience.:
A bit complicated, I played a prot warrior on a dual account with a friend of mine for quite a while. I had my own account with a hunter that I never played (ranged dps was quite boring I thought) so my friend and I would just switch turns playing. My DK hit 80 about a year ago but I just did random raids and odd things with him, I tried melee dpsing, and I thought it was more fun than ranged but not as fun as tanking.

Long story short about two months ago my friend decided he wanted sole ownership of the account with the beloved prot warrior, started paying for it by himself and changed the password. I tried leveling another warrior but stopped around 50 because I just hate leveling so much. I decided to try DK tanking. It's a lot different than Prot Warrior but it's pretty cool. It's gimped in some areas (ie spiky damage hits) but OP in others (threat gen.) I just started getting serious about playing the DK a month or so ago. I started farming frost badges (just by doing the dailies and VOA and whatnot, I only did the first 3 bosses in ICC10 once, though I'd done all the fights except Sindy 25 and LK 10 on the prot warrior so I know them on normal mode) and also farming triumphs for ring/trinket/helmet upgrades.

I know the class pretty well, I've done all the ICC fights but Sindy 25 and LK on the prot warrior, so that gives the added bonus of having the experiences without my DK carrying the 25m achievement. And from what I've read of you guys on Guildox, a 25m boss kill would hurt your strict standing, so it's a win for all of us.

Why are you leaving your current guild (if applicable?):
I'm not in a guild currently, I transferred to Horde Moonrunner because I had a former friend who suggested I do so. As soon as I landed he exclaimed he didn't know I was serious about transferring and explained he was taking a break from the game. So now I'm stuck on Horde side and it's awful.

Do you have an off-spec? How good is your off-spec gear, and are you willing to play it if needed?:
Both my specs are tanking specs. One is a more single-target boss threat spec, for raid bosses and whatnot, and the other is an AoE threat, for add fights like Deathwhisper or Valithria or whatnot.

Why are you interested in joining Business Time?:
Basically what I laid out in the first question, about the focus of camaraderie along with achievement. Also when I discovered that the author of the Pugging Pally blog was an officer I felt it was destiny. I loved reading about your pally's forays into tanking.

Do you have Ventrilo installed and a working microphone?:
Yes

Is there anything else you'd like to add not covered by the previous questions?:
Not particularly. I'm married, if that's important, though she doesn't play WoW.

As for the availability, I come up with my schedule weekly with my other managers to determine who needs to come in and what nights. I live in Maine so it's EST so many nights I can be home before your raid times (although it's a moot point if I get accepted since it'd be social) regardless of whether I work or not. Take care.

Application Availability Info:
Sunday -> Don't Know
Monday -> Don't Know
Tuesday -> Don't Know
Wednesday -> Don't Know
Thursday -> Don't Know
Friday -> Don't Know
Saturday -> Don't Know
Millya
Guild Leader
Wears Business Socks

re: APPROVED - App: Perillouxhoo - by Vosskah

Hi Perillouxhoo and thanks for your interest in BT. As I'm sure you're aware we aren't actively recruiting at this time, so please give us a little while to discuss your application. We'll be getting back to you soon. Happy
Perillouxhoo

Oh I completely understand.

Also to fill in a "question" some may have regarding my application, that hunter I dislike playing is exalted with SoH, so obviously I'd transfer him as well so I could use the enchants (although pwnwear says the 30 stam 15 resil is equal to the SoH, but it's smart to transfer him anyways)

Thanks again for the consideration!
Panerai 1
Wears Business Socks

A Cajun / South African in Maine? that is interesting

Wears Business Socks

Perillouxhoo wrote:
Oh I completely understand.

Also to fill in a "question" some may have regarding my application, that hunter I dislike playing is exalted with SoH, so obviously I'd transfer him as well so I could use the enchants (although pwnwear says the 30 stam 15 resil is equal to the SoH, but it's smart to transfer him anyways)

Thanks again for the consideration!

I agree. I prefer the PvP enchant for my shoulders although it's always good to have one character have access to the damn SoH dps enchant just in case.

And yes, that would have been a question. wink

Panerai 1 wrote:
A Cajun / South African in Maine? that is interesting

I think most people in Maine are unaware there are other races out there aside from "Maine-ers"

Greeting people in the restaurant always produces some looks.
Noodlestein

Ahoy!
-does a jig-

Perillouxhoo

-joins-

Also I realized I never revealed my name: Stacey Perrilloux.

Sounds a little female I realize but I assure you I'm male. Not many South Africans named Perrilloux though
Millya
Guild Leader
Wears Business Socks

Well, before I realized that you stole my first name(!) we wanted to talk to you on Vent, but... wink

Actually we'd still like to talk to you on Vent and have the opportunity to "meet" and ask you some questions, and answer any questions you might have. Tonight is not a good night for a bunch of us, but we could have some time before our raid on Wednesday if you are available - let's say, at 5:00 PM (server time)? That's an hour before our raid so it should give us a chance to chat. Let us know, and if that doesn't work for you we can pick another time/day.
Perillouxhoo

I work tomorrow night, but since I'm three hours ahead there's a high probability I'll be off before then and be able to meet. I don't have internet access from work though so if for some reason I wasn't able to get away and something requires my attention, that might keep me from being on time. Don't think I'm irresponsible or not taking it seriously though, as that's far from the truth.

But again I think that's a rare situation, and more than likely I'll be on at that time. Should I use my level 1 alt on Alliance side to get the Ventrilo information? I doubt you'll post it on this thread since anyone can see the recruiting forum.
Millya
Guild Leader
Wears Business Socks

Would Thursday be better for you? I'd rather move it to another day if there's a chance you can't be there, since it requires a bunch of us to be earlier than we usually would. I appreciate your consideration, but having you try to rush home from work and get stressed out trying to be on-time is probably not ideal.

And yeah, the tried and true level one alt would be fine, or we can PM you with it ahead of time. Happy
Perillouxhoo

I'd say there's a good 95% chance I'd be able to make it in plenty of time. I usually am out of there by at least 7:15 my time (4:15 server) sometimes even earlier than that. I live quite close also.

That being said, I'm pretty sure one of my busboys has an Blackberry and will be working that night. If it appears I won't be out of there on time, I can leave a message on this thread via his phone.

Of course if you'd still prefer Thursday, that would work also.
Millya
Guild Leader
Wears Business Socks

Okay, today will be fine then. We'll look for you and check the forums in case you aren't able to make it. See you later. Happy
Perillouxhoo

It's unusually busy but I should be able to make it. I'll keep you updated:)
Perillouxhoo

do i have to input a code to access the forums or anything?
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Business Time Forum Index -> Applications All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum