Post new topic   Reply to topic    Business Time Forum Index -> Business Time Discussion (Public)
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page 1, 2  Next
Vosskah
Officer
Wears Business Socks

re: Shaen!!

Those other icons looked cool, dude. More modern.
Noodlestein

-Clueless-
What are you talking aboot?

Vosskah
Officer
Wears Business Socks

Shaen is playing with the templates and changing the icons and everything.
Millya
Guild Leader
Wears Business Socks

At least I hope he is, because I don't see Yahwen and it isn't me.

Shaen, did you look at the Blue Fade template? I don't know how I passed it over before but I kind of really like it. Maybe.
Shaen
Officer
Wears Business Socks

Yes, I was playing. But I thought everything I was doing was only visible to me. Ewps! And yeah, I'm leaning toward Blue Fade I think, just because it's pretty slick and simple.
Vosskah
Officer
Wears Business Socks

Shaen wrote:
Yes, I was playing. But I thought everything I was doing was only visible to me. Ewps! And yeah, I'm leaning toward Blue Fade I think, just because it's pretty slick and simple.

Yeah, I just refreshed it at work and saw the difference. I really like this template.
Millya
Guild Leader
Wears Business Socks

I like it.
Shaen
Officer
Wears Business Socks

I switched all the buttons because the ones that come with this template are pretty dull. Still trying to figure out what to do with the header.

What sort of style are we going for here? I know the guild name comes from the show/song, but do we want to incorporate that into the site any more than what we already have or do we want it to be more WoW-focused?
Millya
Guild Leader
Wears Business Socks

Honestly, I don't even know how you did it with the button switching, because I tried and couldn't figure out how. So... I'm glad you did, I found the ones that came with the other themes a bit dull too.

As for the header - I don't think it has to have a strong thematic tie necessarily to the Flight of the Conchords song. It's funny, but not necessary. I think of business time also bit like "Yes, I am down to my socks and now I am going to kick your ass."

So if it was related, that'd be fine, if it was just WoW-related, that's cool too. It might be something we change periodicallly (the header) just to keep it fresh?

If anyone has any ideas about the site's banner, speak now to Shaen the graphics guru or forever hold your peace.
Shaen
Officer
Wears Business Socks

Any idea if you can make a rotating banner here? I know close to nothing about CSS or whatever this stuff is. But an idea I was toying with was coming up with different banners for different characters in the guild that would change every page visit. Maybe different art styles/screenshots/amusing quotes.

Basically, I'd just like to personalize the site a bit more so that we don't appear to be Just Another WoW Guild. Hell we could have a few dozen different banners if we just featured Burns' different hairstyles. Happy
Vosskah
Officer
Wears Business Socks

I like the idea of a rotating banner but would have to work on it somewhat. It's been 13 years since I've been a webmaster so I'm kind of rusty.

As for the 12 banners of Burn's hairdo, all I can do is facepalm.
Millya
Guild Leader
Wears Business Socks

Shaen wrote:
Any idea if you can make a rotating banner here? I know close to nothing about CSS or whatever this stuff is. But an idea I was toying with was coming up with different banners for different characters in the guild that would change every page visit. Maybe different art styles/screenshots/amusing quotes.

Basically, I'd just like to personalize the site a bit more so that we don't appear to be Just Another WoW Guild. Hell we could have a few dozen different banners if we just featured Burns' different hairstyles. Happy

I think it sounds great! I don't know (technically) how feasible it is but if there's a way we can try to find it. I actually just did a drawing of Burn...and Fsob... if you want to make a Gnomish banner, I love the idea, and I could contribute some art for different ones. If you want to use any of my stuff that is. If the banner is rotating we could have a ton of different ones and I think it is a fabulous idea. More work though, but pretty cool.
Shaen
Officer
Wears Business Socks

Yeah, more work at the start. But we wouldn't necessarily have to come up with all of them at once. I'll ask a friend of mine who knows how this stuff works to see how to make a rotating banner. We had one on the site from a gaming group I was in a while back, but I have no idea if it was specific to the software that site used.
Shaen
Officer
Wears Business Socks

I whipped up a new banner real quicklike. It doesn't quite tile correctly and I'm not satisfied with the text, but I'll work that stuff out later because I'm already up past my beddy time. I'll make more with as many guild characters as I can, assuming people don't hate the idea. Happy They wouldn't all be in game shots, but I just wanted to give an idea of where I was going with it.
Vosskah
Officer
Wears Business Socks

I like it, and I really like the idea of using our characters like that. Makes it more our own.

Not sure that Burn doesn't bite, though...

Last edited by Vosskah on 2010/03/04 11:14; edited 1 time in total
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Business Time Forum Index -> Business Time Discussion (Public) All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum