Post new topic   Reply to topic    Business Time Forum Index -> Business Time Discussion (Public)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sinpree

re: Game of Thrones

If you get HBO watch it, great show.
Panerai 1
Wears Business Socks

1st show since soprano's that I've been excited for the next episode

I tried watching Borgia's, couldn't get into it.

why is the Tyrion going to the northern wall? i think i missed that part

An aussie friend of mine has been talking about it on Facespace.
And I just so happen to have HBO..
What exactly is it aboot?

Meraxiss
Wears Business Socks

Panerai 1 wrote:

why is the Tyrion going to the northern wall? i think i missed that part

Tyrion's visit to the wall is akin to academic sight seeing, in the book his visit is somewhat of a big deal to the men of the watch because he is the first lord (aside from the Starks) to visit the wall in a very very long time. He is also the brother-in-law to the king so that probably helped as well. But in the episode he commented that he wanted to see the wall to view the greatest building feat in the land and to "stand on the edge of the world and piss off the side"
Sinpree

Yea was about to say I just think he wanted to go to see it. I love his character on the show though, definitely sort of the fun one with all the sort of misery that is going on with the other people.
Meraxiss
Wears Business Socks

If they make it a book per season, then season 3 can't come soon enough.
Panerai 1
Wears Business Socks

Meraxiss wrote:

Tyrion's visit to the wall is akin to academic sight seeing, in the book his visit is somewhat of a big deal to the men of the watch because he is the first lord (aside from the Starks) to visit the wall in a very very long time. He is also the brother-in-law to the king so that probably helped as well. But in the episode he commented that he wanted to see the wall to view the greatest building feat in the land and to "stand on the edge of the world and piss off the side"

ok makes sense
I thought his brother might have sent him out of town because even though Tyrion said he "was curious to what the boy had to say", he still "loves his family very much"....its just not the same sort of love winkwinknudgenudge

Wears Business Socks

Mer, I was going to ask you - are you a fan (read the books?) I started reading the books after we watched the first episode. Voss had always read them and I started one years ago and thought it was boring, but I've been really interested so far.

I ask because I noticed one of the dragons was named Meraxes and I thought...huh. Solve the mystery for me please!
Meraxiss
Wears Business Socks

wink
Carlctrl
Raider
Wears Business Socks

I've enjoyed the first 2 episodes, haven't read the books. I'm with you Pan, I couldn't get through the first episode of Borgias.
I've been watching the new Camelot series as well, I'm not enamored with it, but I'd say it's worth watching.

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Business Time Forum Index -> Business Time Discussion (Public) All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum