Post new topic   Reply to topic    Business Time Forum Index -> Business Time Discussion (Public)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Noodlestein

re: Rift recorder

so, 1.1 patch today added a built in recording thang... doesnt work all that well, encodes it widescreen(doesnt detect 4:3) and obvious speeding up/slowing down in the video... though it doesnt drop my framerate at all.

this video was 3 minutes long, yet it encoded/uploaded as 2minutes... some "minor" issues. along with things not loading in when they should.

Zierlyn
Raider
Wears Business Socks

I thought it looked pretty nice from the stills in your other "ze sky" thread, but from watching the videos, I think the sky from the epic failure of a game "Horizons" is still my favourite. There were multiple cloud layers that moved at different speeds, and there were always stars that you could see beyond the clouds... The rest of the graphics were awful though. Well, maybe the water was pretty cool too. I distinctly remember when I was in the Horizons beta and all the main data files weren't packaged and compressed yet, that there were roughly ten thousand texture files for the water alone.

==EDIT==
Dangit, now you've got me remembering Horizons, and the great ideas they had that never got off the ground because of a horribly botched execution. Their tradeskill system was by far the best out of any mmorpg I've seen. It was actually a significant portion of the game, to the point where there were tradeskill classes for characters.

Each character could have an "Adventurer" class/level and a "Craftsman" class/level. So you could be a "lvl 10 Wizard/ lvl 40 Armorcrafter", for example, and your stats would increase according to whichever would be higher of your two levels. This made it so that as you went up in crafting levels, you'd still be able to gather mats from higher level areas while still being able to kill mobs, even if you're a lvl 1 adventurer. Also, high level weapons and armor didn't simply drop, it would be the recipes and rare materials that dropped, and would be needed to be learned and crafted. Great idea... horrible execution.

... *lapses back into nostalgia*

Last edited by Zierlyn on 2011/03/31 18:23; edited 1 time in total

Rift sky moves at different speeds(cloud layers) its just really hard to notice with it spazing out in those videos. Honestly those Stills I took look no where near as good as the game actually looks, since trees will sway, same with the grass and everything just feels so alive.

Zierlyn
Raider
Wears Business Socks

Noodlestein wrote:
Rift sky moves at different speeds(cloud layers) its just really hard to notice with it spazing out in those videos. Honestly those Stills I took look no where near as good as the game actually looks, since trees will sway, same with the grass and everything just feels so alive.
Ahh, okay, fair enough.
-Kaylá-

4:3 lololol =P

J/k havent tried thiers vs mine yet due to lack of time. How large are the files that come off it with your resolution?

Guest Post Rules are In Effect for this Post
Noodlestein

for the 3minute video, @ 1280x720 it's 270mb.

-Kaylá-

Wow nice, raw at 1980 x 1020 are about 2 gigs per minute using Fraps for me

Guest Post Rules are In Effect for this Post
Noodlestein

Well, Im not sure if the black bars everywhere actually take up extra shiz or if its just minor since there isnt much variation in color.
I know for .gif's at least you can optimised it by having frames that have the same "color" not show and thus only uses one frame or so from the first image. etc.

But yeah, 1080p is insane raw. even at 720 for me on wow, I take up a good amount of space so after every wipe, I have to delete it off my other hdd to make room for the next attempt when recording for wowshiz.

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Business Time Forum Index -> Business Time Discussion (Public) All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum