Post new topic   Reply to topic    Business Time Forum Index -> Business Time Discussion (Public)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Noodlestein

re: Video card question!

Well, videocards are probably the thing i know the least about computers since i've never really bothered to upgrade them much but I want to know which is better...

Nvidia GeForce 7600 GS (AGP 256mb)

or

Nvidia Geforce 6600 GT (PCI-Express 192mb)

Noodlestein

scratch that. did 3d benchmark and it came in lower than what im currently using.....

Just so you know how bad my computer is, if you know the benchmarking system

anything below 9000 is a really old system (obviously worse depending on how low the number goes) and anything above 16000 is a good sytem (obviously getting better as it goes up)

mines a 1600. yes, 1600 xD

the best pc on that site that's been used is 40k+

UGH -jealous-.. though not sure what the laptop is..

-Kaylá-

Not sure what your using for benchmarking (3DMark06 hopefully) but it sounds like it not just the cards problem sadly, 1600 vs 40k+ seems very uhh.... bad Ill run mine though and see what it comes up with (currently using a 9800gt).

Guest Post Rules are In Effect for this Post
-Kaylá-

Ran a couple tests wound up sitting at a 15k, Granted this is an older system that is getting replaced later this year I wonder, what specs do you have for your comp / did you have ANY other applications open when you ran the test?

Noodlestein

yes, 3Dmark06.

and yeah my proc is bad, gpu is bad, ram is bleh. this computer is old old old. good thing i have the macbook to raid on xD

and nope, I had just restarted and closed almost every program that loaded on startup.
Only reason i did this was to see if the other computer i have in my possession was better in any way, and well the videocard is just slightly better but overall was a 1400.

-Kaylá-

Sucks really, at that point dont worry about upgrading anything since it will just be bottlenecked by every other component. If its a major issue and you need a desktop, personnaly id just save and go for a new one even low grade and it would be leaps and bounds better then looking at individual components. At least like you said there is always the macbook.

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Business Time Forum Index -> Business Time Discussion (Public) All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum