Class : Warrior
Spec 1 : Protect
Spec 2 : Fury

WoW Armory
be.imba.hu
WoW Heroes

Tell us a bit about yourself (the person, not the character.):
Heya - I saw y'all's response to this guy's post:

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=24038549203&postId=240361472103&sid=1#5

If it wasn't so tacky, I would totally hijack that guy's post - I'm in almost the same boat and looking for exactly the same thing. More about me (since this is the about me section after all):

I'm 25, live in Austin TX (so the fact that Moonrunner is in Dallas is fantastic), and have been playing WoW since release. I'm a computer programmer, prankster, musician, and dog person. In-game, I prefer challenging encounters (farm content is boring), theorycraft like a madman, and thrive in an environment with lots of friendly competition and constructive criticism. I've got a relatively low tolerance for idiocy and drama.

Please describe your previous/current raiding experience.:
I healed WOTLK through Ulduar on a tree druid and tanked ICC10 through blood princes on a warrior (with whom I am apping). Before that, I played a rogue throughout BC (Hand of A'dal, Illidan pre-nerf), and a prot warrior with many dps alts in classic (through Twin Emperors).

Do you have an off-spec? How good is your off-spec gear, and are you willing to play it if needed?:
Well, my 'main spec' is actually prot, but your post on the recruitment forums said you were looking for DPS, so I'll go over both.

Prot gear is mostly 245 stuff w/ 2 frost emblem pieces... the tanking gear just would not drop in ICC. 43k hp unbuffed.

Fury gear is both better and worse - When tanking, I managed to pick up 4 pieces of 251 gear, a few 245s, and just recently filled in the rest with badge/crafted gear (mostly 232, and two ilvl200 trinkets ftw!). I'm currently logged out in my fury gear if you want to look through it. My current server has a pitiful alliance pop, so I'm still trying to find someone to make me the toc belt and bracers.

Why are you leaving your current guild (if applicable?):
My current guild's gmotd says "Go find another guild." The leadership transferred off after two peoples' epeens pushed out half our raiders. Apparently it's easier to transfer elsewhere than to get more people to transfer to a server with such a low of an alliance pop.

Why are you interested in joining Business Time?:
I saw Stoutbeard's post on the wow recruitment forums, thought to myself "Hmm, I'm just like that guy," and then saw your reply. I prefer the 10-strict environment to 25s (my previous guild was 10 strict), and your guild looks like it has the magical trifecta of mature players, skill, and fun.

That, and my ping on Moonrunner hovers around 12. I mean... damn.

Do you have Ventrilo installed and a working microphone?:
Yes

Is there anything else you'd like to add not covered by the previous questions?:
I haven't been playing fury very long, but I have plenty of dps'ing experience in general. The rotation isn't difficult - I should have all the finer points of it down in maybe a week. I hit 5k dps on Bronjahm in H-FoS the other day if that says anything... I should be able to be competitive in 10s, especially when I get those last pieces of prot gear replaced.

As for raid availability... Ideally, I'd raid 3.5 nights a week. Any night is as good as any other night, except Friday and Saturday (but you guys don't raid then anyways).

I'm also an extremely good tank should that off-spec be useful to you.

Application Availability Info:
Sunday -> 3x a Month
Monday -> 3x a Month
Tuesday -> 3x a Month
Wednesday -> 3x a Month
Thursday -> 3x a Month
Friday -> 1x a Month
Saturday -> 1x a Month
Burnasham

re: APPROVED - App: smcwhtdtmc - by Vosskah

Blackwing Lair! Did you ever happen to run into any of the following

Tolbi - Prot warrior
Madina - priest
Somi - Dwarf pally
Remo - Druid
Basek - Shaman
Nekros - Warlock
Brota - Hunter

All good friends of mine. Aside from Somi I can't remember if they were Alliance or Horde on BWL, but I'm guessing horde so maybe you didn't meet them. I believe by now they've transferred off but if you see them tell them Tetar says hello.

ICC hates us tanks D:

We only just finally had that trinket off putricide drop this week, and the shield from gunship has only dropped once, along with the neck of marrowgar...

Vosskah
Officer
Wears Business Socks

Thanks for your application, Iddqd (Nice Doom reference, btw. No clue how to pronounce it, but hey). We'll be reviewing it and will get back to you very shortly. This being a holiday, it might just take a day more or so.
Panerai 1
Wears Business Socks

Hook 'em
Austin was home for 4 years of college and 2 years of post college

Now I'm just a couple hours east of you

anyway, good luck with your app

Stole our coach, give us Mack Brown back please, thanks

Alright, from the early review of your application, we would like to meet up with you in vent to discuss your interest in the guild as well as ask you a few questions (and answers yours, of course!).

When would be a good time for you?
Vosskah
Officer
Wears Business Socks

Thanks again for taking the time to meet with us in vent tonight. As we have already discussed in vent, we're offering you an invitation for a trial with our guild. Just transfer your character and we'll invite you in.

We're looking forward to seeing you in gchat!
Dirtface

Now that I have the privilege to reply to my own recruitment post...

Never met any of those BWL toons - warcraftrealms says 79% odds they were horde ;)

Pan, do you live in college station by any chance? I used to live there...

Burn, just top his salary and I'm sure he'll come right back. 5.2 million should do it.
Burnasham

we pay our coach about 75% of that for 25% of the results.

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum