Server : US - Eldre'Thalas
Level : 90
Faction : Alliance
Race : Draenei
Class : Priest
Spec 1 : Discipline

WoW Armory
WoW Heroes

Tell us a bit about yourself (the person, not the character.) What hobbies do you have outside of WoW? What other games do you like to play, if any? What else are you passionate about?:
Hello!

I live in Ontario, Canada with Chronis. I work at an environmental consulting company as a field technician so I'm outside a lot.

I enjoy reading, I worked my way through some huge fantasy series (Wheel of Time, Sword of Truth, Outlander and of course GoT!). I play other video games in my spare time too! I'm playing Windwaker on the WiiU and Link to the Past on my DS, and I've got a number of other (unfinished) games on the go that I really should finish sometime...

I like to watch TV! We have two cats that we named after Sam and Dean from Supernatural. I'm obsessed with reality shows like Big Brother, Survivor, Amazing Race and ALL the cooking shows.

Please describe your previous/current raiding experience.:
I've been actively raiding since TBC. I started in Karazhan after crafting all my own gear (yay Frozen Shadowweave!) and just moved up from there.

There's a lot of boss fights that I'd have to list here I'll try to list them as easily as possible!

BC; I killed the bosses up to Twins in SWP before the big nerf.

WoTLK; Everything up to HLich King on 25man, and we got the meta achievement mounts at the 5% buff to players on 10man.

Cataclysm;
This is a little more complicated!
BoT - Cleared to heroic Valiona and Theralion before the nerfs - killed the next heroics after
BWD - Cleared to heroic Atramedes - had Omnotron and Nef left on heroic which we killed later
ToT4W - killed Conclave and Al'Akir on normal before the nerfs, I *think* we got Conclave on heroic before the nerfs but I'm not sure, Al'Akir we definitely killed after.

Firelands - killed up to heroic Staghelm before the nerf, killed the rest of the heroics after

DS - killed all the heroics after the various nerfs, I believe we got Spine before the 25% nerf and Heroic DW shortly after that.

I switched mains after this expansion to tank on my druid. Previous progression was all on my priest.

Mists of Pandaria; (This one's easier!)
Terrace - 4/4N
HoF - 6/6N 2/6H
MSV - 6/6N 6/6H

ToT - 12/12N 11/13H

SoO - 14/14 N 11/14H

Why are you leaving your current guild (if applicable?):
I'm not really 'leaving' Apotheosis, just looking for another environment to play in on our off nights. Apoth currently raids Sun/Tues/Thurs and the majority of BT's raid times fit nicely in between that.

Plus I like you guys, and Chronis seems to think you're alright, and if you guys can put up with him then I think we'll get along just fine!

Do you have an off-spec? How good is your off-spec gear, and are you willing to play it if needed?:
I do not currently have an offspec. I played shadow in BC when all we were was a mana battery for the mages/warlocks, and I played briefly as shadow in Cataclysm but healed for the most part as disc. I wouldn't be able to tell you the first thing about shadow spec now, but I wouldn't be opposed to trying to learn if that was needed.

I also am not very familiar with the holy spec. As the case is with shadow, I wouldn't be opposed to try and learn how to heal as holy but I'm not very confident in my abilities right now.

What is your favourite raid encounter so far in Mists? Why do you like it? What is your least favourite, and why do you dislike it? Feel free to substitute encounters from Cataclysm if needed.:
For tanking I'd have to say so far, I really enjoyed HBlackfuse. There was a lot of tank coordination needed for killing shredders and we had to be very aware of when our cooldowns were up and ready! The entire raid needed to be spot on and it was definitely one of the most satisfying kills so far.

As for healing, I like Sha of Pride because I can blanket the raid with Spirit Shell before Swelling Pride. The raid tends to be grouped up a lot so Divine Star works really well too.

As for least favourite fights, I think Immerseus is very boring. It was way too easy in normal mode and it's really not exciting on heroic either.

What do you think is the greatest strength of your class/spec? What do you think is its greatest weakness?:
As a whole I think the priest class has always been strong in that we're always represented in raids and PvP. The spec I prefer playing (disc) has huge strength in the power of absorbs. Disc has some great single target healing and CD in Pain Suppression as well as a good ability to cover the raid with spirit shell - pair that with Barrier and a disc priest can help mitigate a lot of damage.

As for weaknesses - for the class in general, I think holy is very underrepresented in raids. This is primarily because if you can bring a healing priest, you might as well bring a disc priest. I'd love to see Warlords bring some real parity between the healing specs for priests.

Why are you interested in joining Business Time?:
I started talking with Voss/Vid/Rhidach at BlizzCon, and Chronis had already joined. I'd been listening to your raids via his speakers and I could tell how much fun you guys always seemed to be having. It's an environment I think I would like very much and raiding with people I get along with well interests me very much!

Do you have Mumble installed and a working microphone? (Business Time is no longer using Vent):
Yes

Please provide a link to a recent combat log. LFR logs are acceptable. :
N/A See below.

Is there anything else you'd like to add not covered by the previous questions?:
Unfortunately, I had Chronis try and log a Flex raid I did recently but the upload didn't work properly. I can try and grab a log from LFR or something this weekend!

I thought I'd include a screenshot of my UI - I use a combination of Grid + Clique to heal and have other spells bound to my Naga on the 1-12 keys.

I imagine I'll have a little more room to play around for raid frames with 10 people ;)

http://tiny.cc/obrcbx (Photobucket)

If you were a vanity pet, what would you be (and why)? Your application hinges on this very critical question.:
If I were a vanity pet, I think I'd be a tiny pony. As far as I know, there aren't any little pony pets so a) that's adorable and b) I'd be super rare. If you've never used the Baby Spice on someone and had them mount up on a horse, you should do that because it's the cutest.

Application Availability Info:
Sunday -> Never
Monday -> Always
Tuesday -> Never
Wednesday -> Always
Thursday -> Never
Friday -> Never
Saturday -> Don't Know
Vosskah
Officer
Wears Business Socks

re: APPROVED - App: Kalerii - by Vosskah

Thanks for your app, Kal!

Just give us a bit of time to review it and we'll get back to you.

Analyzing armory glyphs and specs isn't always the best because they change so easily nowadays, but if you haven't, you should strongly consider Twist of Fate and keep it all times for all fights (maybe not malkorok, but nearly everything else).

In SoO it has amazing uptime

if you're interested, i have some disc Weak Aura cd trackers i can paste for you

Also, if you join, you'll need to get a spell whisperer addon, like RSA...and spam voss with whispers for each time you put a shield him, heal him, pull him, use a cd on him...he loves it

Wears Business Socks

Panerai 1 wrote:

Also, if you join, you'll need to get a spell whisperer addon, like RSA...and spam voss with whispers for each time you put a shield him, heal him, pull him, use a cd on him...he loves it

No. Hell no. Fuck no.

ToF is something I've not had to use before, just because I've been kind of playing around with things so far in this xpac. I'll give that a try next time I go through SoO, I can definitely see how it would be really beneficial.

I've got some weak auras already but I'm interested to see the ones you've got if you don't mind!

And I have RSA, I actually introduced it to one of my raid teams in Wrath! It's invaluable for announcing CDs. So... just need to program it for things like penance and shields and body and soul and life grip and and and ;)
Panerai 1
Wears Business Socks

OK, here are a few of mine

- Rapture Tracker
- Spirit Shell and cd
- Archangel & Evang stacks
- CD tracker (dynamically changes based on talent selections)

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B50-PLbOWztleVVvU3F5ZlhIM2c&usp=sharing

and this macro for keybinding lvl 90 talents without any code

Name the macro "90 Talents"
Code: Select all

#showtooltip
/cast cascade
/cast divine star
/cast halo
/script m_c=GetSpellInfo(121135); m_ds=GetSpellInfo(110744); m_h=GetSpellInfo(120517)
/run SetMacroSpell("90 Talents", GetSpellInfo(m_c) or GetSpellInfo(m_ds) or GetSpellInfo(m_h))

Wears Business Socks

This is wonderful, thank you!
Vosskah
Officer
Wears Business Socks

As discussed, we will interview you on Friday at 5pm PST, 8pm EST.

Also, you have agreed that if you join the group, you are volunteering to smack Chronis if required. This is most appreciated.

Bear bear.

/wave Hiya, Kal!
Kalerii
Raider
Wears Business Socks

Hi bearfriend!
Kalerii
Raider
Wears Business Socks

Got really lucky this week and scored my 553 ilvl tier pants, as well as a helm and shoulders from Ordos!

I haven't been able to run anything for a log yet, but Apoth usually runs a flex raid on Friday. I can try and get a log from that after I speak to you folks so you have something a little more concrete from me!
Vosskah
Officer
Wears Business Socks

Kalerii wrote:
Got really lucky this week and scored my 553 ilvl tier pants, as well as a helm and shoulders from Ordos!

Nice! Looking forward to speaking with you tomorrow.

re: Logs

Hi, my name is Kal. Here are my logs.
Teeheehee

http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/Jpfyg9cQYaRHLjBq/#type=summary&fight=4
Rhidach
Raider
Wears Business Socks

Man, I had to check the userpic twice just to make sure that wasn't her. Good impression.
Vosskah
Officer
Wears Business Socks

Rhidach wrote:
Man, I had to check the userpic twice just to make sure that wasn't her. Good impression.

Man, you really don't like being healed, don't you?

Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum