Server : US - Moonrunner
Level : 67
Faction : Alliance
Race : Dwarf
Class : Death Knight
Spec 1 : Frost

WoW Armory
WoW Heroes

Tell us a bit about yourself (the person, not the character.) What hobbies do you have outside of WoW? What other games do you like to play, if any? What else are you passionate about?:
I'm a early 30s male with an unealthy passion for all kinds of gaming and other nerd related ventures. Professionnaly I'm an analyst(ex-programmer) working on various websites and I get to sit in meetings most of my time with "important" people and I get to yell at interns from time to time.

My other passions includes a lot more videogames, blogging about videogames (in french now!), watching too much TV and reading about lots of boring stuff (history books). Oh and I try to go out so I can pretend to have a social life.

Also I'm french canadian, so do forgive the accent. Finally I used to blog at Screaming monkeys so some of you might know me from there.

Please describe your previous/current raiding experience.:
Way way way way too long. I'll try do this bulletpoint style
-Vanilla: Super hardcore, server first, 50+ hours a week. We got AQ40 and then everyone quit.
-BC: smaller guild, friends and family type thing, didn't get to see much of the 25 content.
-Wotlk: Raid all the things, both in casual and hardcore guilds. Even did some raid leading
-Cataclysm: Eff the ineffable, raid leading some, good times
-Pandaria: LFR... once...
-Swtor: Hardcore mode of the first four raids
-FF14: Bahamut coil, turn 2

Why are you leaving your current guild (if applicable?):
Since I wasn't in a guild, not really leaving anything

Do you have an off-spec? How good is your off-spec gear, and are you willing to play it if needed?:
No offspec at the moment. I used to tank but I unless they rework Blood spec I'm not sure I want to do it again.

What is your favourite raid encounter so far in Mists? Why do you like it? What is your least favourite, and why do you dislike it? Feel free to substitute encounters from Cataclysm if needed.:
I've only tried the first raid once so I don't have a really well formed opinion.

For Cata I think my best was Atramedes, the blind dragon. I liked the original mechanics and I felt like the fight was fair in the sense that if people knew what they were doing, no bad surprises.

Worst goes to all the council fights in the game where you can lose to a bad combination of random events. I don't like to be at the mercy of an encounter where I can die because RNG didn't feel nice.

What do you think is the greatest strength of your class/spec? What do you think is its greatest weakness?:
By far I think the DKs greatest strength is it's adaptability. I can fight at close range, I have some ranged attacks to allow me to deal damage at distance when needed, I can self heal, reduce damage, buff the raid, interrupt, offtank, etc.. etc...

As for weeknesses I feel I have a bit too much RNG going on for some abilities, meaning that if nothing procs it can hurt my damage. Also, as tanks, DKs take way too spiky damage and their bloodshield mechanic is not that great for many fights.

Why are you interested in joining Business Time?:
Because Elfi said you guys were the best ever.

Do you have Mumble installed and a working microphone? (Business Time is no longer using Vent):
Yes

Please provide a link to a recent combat log. LFR logs are acceptable. :
Social!

Is there anything else you'd like to add not covered by the previous questions?:
I'm completing this so you guys get to know me even if I'm a social member. Raid wise, I don't think I can commit to any kind of schedule but I'll be happy to help with whatever when I'm available and if you guys need me.

If you were a vanity pet, what would you be (and why)? Your application hinges on this very critical question.:
Mini-Thor! Not only do I get to be a badass robot but I get to combine my love of SC2 with WoW. Plus, I might come across a sea monster and then I can recreate Pacific Rim all by myself.

Application Availability Info:
Sunday -> Don't Know
Monday -> Don't Know
Tuesday -> Don't Know
Wednesday -> Don't Know
Thursday -> Don't Know
Friday -> Don't Know
Saturday -> Don't Know
Vosskah
Officer
Wears Business Socks

re: APPROVED - App: Morehnai - by Millya

J'pense pas que ton accent va être un problème. Et si quelqu'un a un problème avec, dis leur de manger un char de marde. Ils vont comprendre, je les ai bien entrainés.

And I must disagree with your assessment of the DK. Our shields are not "way too spiky", they simply keep healers awake. Which is as it should be. Happy

Wooo!!!! Québec!!!

Par curiosité tu est dans quel coin? Je suis dans la ville de Québec, à Sainte-Foy.

I like the keep the healers awake part but I still hate blood. I used to be a frost tank and loved it. Now its gone...
Vosskah
Officer
Wears Business Socks

Morehnai wrote:
Wooo!!!! Québec!!!

Par curiosité tu est dans quel coin? Je suis dans la ville de Québec, à Sainte-Foy.

I like the keep the healers awake part but I still hate blood. I used to be a frost tank and loved it. Now its gone...

Oh, tu es du Gros Village? Happy Je suis de Montréal mais habite maintenant à Calgary.

Yeah, I felt the same disappointment when frost tanking disappeared. It was my favourite form as well. It took a couple of years before I tried it again. Blood is really good now, solid cooldowns, unmatched soloing abilities and decent dps. This is my second raiding tier on it after tanking on a warrior for 6 years and I'll continue as a dk in warlords

Ahh French. The beautiful language where "eat shit" can be a perfectly viable conversation starter.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum