Level : 90
Faction : Alliance
Race : Human
Class : Paladin
Spec 1 : Holy
Spec 2 : Ret

WoW Armory
WoW Heroes

Tell us a bit about yourself (the person, not the character.) What hobbies do you have outside of WoW? What other games do you like to play, if any? What else are you passionate about?:
My name is Patrick, I live in southern California. I'm 27 years old and am currently in a Master's degree program to get my teaching credential to teach in about two years. I enjoy other video games, both PC and console, I g out with my girlfriend, spend time with family, and love to play football (or soccer for the non-fans ;)).

Please describe your previous/current raiding experience.:
I have raiding experience from most parts of the game. In vanilla, I cleared from MC through Naxx40, I took a break in BC for RL issues, came back for Wrath and had major experience in every raid that expansion. Didn't quite finish Ulduar or ICC, but Naxx and ToC were completed. Had some very early experience with Cata raids before being pushed out of my guild's raids. In Mists, again I had experience with MSV but my guild fell apart before we could finish and continue. However, I have seen every fight via LFR many, many times and know the general strategies for the fights.

Why are you leaving your current guild (if applicable?):
My guild ended up transferring to a new server and I did not have the money to follow, nor did I feel I wanted to due to guild drama. So I'm not so much leaving my guild, though it will cause a /gquit on my part.

Do you have an off-spec? How good is your off-spec gear, and are you willing to play it if needed?:
My main spec is Holy and my off-spec is Ret. Average ilevel for Holy is 504 and average ilevel for Ret is 492. I am very willing to play either spec as needed for any night. I've been a healer as a paladin since Naxx40 in Vanilla, but I have kept up with Ret rotations, changes, and strategies through Mists.

What is your favourite raid encounter so far in Mists? Why do you like it? What is your least favourite, and why do you dislike it? Feel free to substitute encounters from Cataclysm if needed.:
I really enjoy Lei Shen (though I've only seen him via LFR). His encounter has a lot of moving parts but is also the kind that, when executed properly, makes for a very fun and visceral fight. My least favorite would be the Stone Guard, first boss in MSV. My guild's tanks at the time had some trouble getting their taunts down, so we would wipe because the tanks messed up. The fight isn't bad because the tanks made mistakes, it was because so much of the encounter depended on only one small aspect and mechanic.

What do you think is the greatest strength of your class/spec? What do you think is its greatest weakness?:
Holy's greatest strength is the aoe heals coupled with our mastery. It allows us strong aoe healing while also being a mini-Discipline priest. It's weakness however is silences and interrupts; all of our spells are under the Holy tree. For example, on Dark Animus if I'm not watching the Interrupting Jolt, ALL my spells go on cooldown because I wasn't paying attention and my cause a tank death.

Why are you interested in joining Business Time?:
Your raid times and guild makeup are very attractive to me. I have a life outside of WoW that demands my time and attention. Finding a guild that caters to that aspect of my life allows me to enjoy the game the way I want to without sacrificing my own social life/homework/time with my girlfriend and family.

Do you have Mumble installed and a working microphone? (Business Time is no longer using Vent):
Yes

Please provide a link to a recent combat log. LFR logs are acceptable. :
See the "additional comments" below

Is there anything else you'd like to add not covered by the previous questions?:
I don't have a recent combat log to upload mainly because I haven't been raiding competitively lately. I can get one later if needed so please let me know!

If you were a vanity pet, what would you be (and why)? Your application hinges on this very critical question.:
Murky the Marine! He's a badass that can kill the zergling pet while also making himself cute and cuddly!

Application Availability Info:
Sunday -> Never
Monday -> Always
Tuesday -> Don't Know
Wednesday -> Always
Thursday -> Always
Friday -> Don't Know
Saturday -> Never
Millya
Guild Leader
Wears Business Socks

re: APPROVED - App: flyingspam - by Vosskah

Hi Flyingspam and thanks for your application! Please give us some time to review it and we will get back to you.
Vosskah
Officer
Wears Business Socks

Good morning Flyingspam,

We would like to meet you in a mumble interview. Would you be available tonight for about an hour?

Hi Flyingspam/Spam/Pat/Boogerface,

After meeting with you tonight we'd like to offer you a trial membership in Business Time. As soon as you are able to get transferred over just let us know - any raiding member who is online should be able to invite you. We're looking forward to raiding with you soon.
flyingspam
Wears Business Socks

Fantastic! Thanks everyone! I'll get my things together and get transferred and ready to go. Also, sometime tomorrow (Thursday), I'd like to test out my mic again. I was using the 3.5mm jack instead of the USB I've been using for Skype and want to see if that will make a difference in my voice quality.
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Business Time Forum Index -> Applications All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum