Level : 90
Faction : Horde
Race : Blood Elf
Class : Paladin
Spec 1 : Holy
Spec 2 : Ret

WoW Armory
WoW Heroes

Tell us a bit about yourself (the person, not the character.) What hobbies do you have outside of WoW? What other games do you like to play, if any? What else are you passionate about?:
My name is Kyle, I am 28 and have been playing WoW since release. My biggest hobby outside of WoW is probably soccer (playing and follow EPL). I enjoy a variety of games but mainly play WoW as I work a full time job and have a family.

Please describe your previous/current raiding experience.:
My Raiding experience extends back to 6 hour weekend raids for MC, BWL, and AQ. I have lead and followed, including outdoor raid bosses for Azuregos, Kazzak, Emerald Dream (4 drags). I raided all the way up into Firelands but the guild I was with had burned out on Rag and fell apart. I have only been in a handful of guilds since starting including Damage Networks and Deathwish as two guilds who competed for World/US First kills.

Why are you leaving your current guild (if applicable?):
I wouldn't consider it leaving. I am only intending on transfering the paladin to the server because I have made some long time friends in the guild I am currently with (including 4 RL friends). With that said though they are a PVP centric guild and I am really looking for some Raiding at this time.

Do you have an off-spec? How good is your off-spec gear, and are you willing to play it if needed?:
I would say currently my gear is not as good as it could be. I have just recently starting to do LFR on my paladin because I focused on my monk for the first months of Mists for pvp. With in 3 weeks of playing it I am close to a 490 ilvl and I am working on catching up as fast as possible.

What is your favourite raid encounter so far in Mists? Why do you like it? What is your least favourite, and why do you dislike it? Feel free to substitute encounters from Cataclysm if needed.:
I am mostly familiar with LFR encounters but I think the one that I like most in ToT specifically is the Ji-Kun fight because how you fly around for the eggs and the dynamics the fight brings. It's also got a cool look to it. My least favorite is probably tortos. Those shells get out of hand and get a wee bit annoying. I think my favorite of the last 2 expac's has been Deathwings Back. Even though the mechanics were a bit lack luster the idea of fighting on a dragons back was pretty sweet.

What do you think is the greatest strength of your class/spec? What do you think is its greatest weakness?:
Paladin healers have a pretty clear advantage when it comes to single target healing, although monks are right up there. Overall though I think paladins no matter the spec have a great tool kit for assisting the raid. Rets have a pretty considerable toolkit for offheals and support. The biggest weakness I think for rets is the constant rebuffing to Inquisition. I think that hurts their DPS considerably if you don't manage the buff with addons. This is the same for many classes like slice and dice but they do have ways to refresh that timer. Otherwise I am a big believer that if you can play your class correctly there really isn't to much wrong unless its a balancing thing with Blizzard.

Why are you interested in joining Business Time?:
I am looking to get back into raiding. You guys have the perfect time for me (I am eastern so 9:30 - 11:30 is wonderful). I am generally a pretty modest person but in my last (raiding) guild I was a pretty solid healer and generally out performed most of my counterparts. I am really looking to find someone who has been successful and some guild mates that will push me to be even better.

Do you have Mumble installed and a working microphone? (Business Time is no longer using Vent):
Yes

Please provide a link to a recent combat log. LFR logs are acceptable. :
I don't normally run logs but I will start

Is there anything else you'd like to add not covered by the previous questions?:
Please excuse grammar and spelling. Generally no. I heard about the opportunity to App through wow insiders Matt Walsh so I figured give it a shot. I know my gear is not phenomenal but I am working to get it at least on LFR level + Heroic Scenerios. Also if there is anyone in the guild who wants to do CM's I would be verrrryyyyy interested. Thanks and good luck in your hunt even if you don't choose me.

If you were a vanity pet, what would you be (and why)? Your application hinges on this very critical question.:
Diablo. He was the first pet I ever got when I bought the expansion pack.

Application Availability Info:
Sunday -> Always
Monday -> Always
Tuesday -> Always
Wednesday -> Always
Thursday -> Always
Friday -> Never
Saturday -> Never
fbxxkl

re: DECLINED - App: fbxxkl - by Vosskah

I should have read this (http://www.businesstimeguild.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=6664260&gid=139699) first and really wasn't happy with how I finished the "application". The more I thought about it the more lackluster I thought it was. I have been wanting to raid since I stopped in firelands but never found myself in a good position to do so with work. Fact is I would consider myself exactly what you expressed in your "ad" - A semi retired raider.

I figured I would reply to my own post and add some more details about myself.

As I said I am 28 with a family. My son and I are (mostly him but I enjoy collecting) currently working on the entire Skylanders Giants toys. He has close to 35 of them. I own a dog and 2 cats. The cats are kittens, I enjoy DIY so I built them a cat tree. see here -> (they are 8 weeks old) http://imgur.com/a/csATG

Sorry for the picture of my blinding white belly.

I work in IT and I am currently studying for my CISSP. Its hard .

I have a passionate love for using the tongue emoticon :P. Seriously I use it way to often but I can't help myself.

I also said if I could be a pet what would it be. In that statement I said I would be Diablo because it was the first pet I got with the expansion. I meant collectors edition. That was bothering me so I edited it here.

After rereading the post you put on the forums and the "Before you App" post I think it would be an awesome opportunity to play your group of raiders. I have only been in about 4-5 guilds since starting the game and I would like to find one solid group of guys and gals who as you say, hate wiping 20 times over because someone can't move out of fire.

I may find more reasons to come back here and post. Don't be surprised if I feel like I missed something and feel the need to do this again.
Vosskah
Officer
Wears Business Socks

Hey Veletar, thanks for the application and the supplemental info!

Please give us a bit of time and we'll get back to you soon with questions, an answer or a request for a mumble interview.

We know that transfers are 50% off right now so we'll try to move fast.

Thank you!

I see that your gear is unenchanted and ungemmed.

Would you please describe to me what gems and enchant you would use? Please describe it for both specs.

The first thing I am going to do is reforge and make sure I am working at 7.5% hit and Expertise. Probably using mastery and crit as the stats I will use for getting cap.

After that I would gem for Strength and Haste. I generally liked to use mix color gems to get my socket bonuses.

For enchants clearly dancing steel then strength, hit and stats are the enchants I will get.

I'll go through this morning and get my enchants and gems rolling to try and get my gear set.
fbxxkl

For holy I am going to do spirit and mastery enchanting and gemming.
fbxxkl

As a side note I will probably go human for the bonus to expertise and spirit which should be good for both Ret and Holy.
fbxxkl

Just out of curiosity do you need a Holy or Ret first?
Vosskah
Officer
Wears Business Socks

fbxxkl wrote:
Just out of curiosity do you need a Holy or Ret first?

We actually need both. Basically, for us the role of the hybrid is the player that will make sure to have two sets of gear ready to use. The hybrid will be switching from Heal to DPS and vice versa depending on the fight. It's a tough role to fill and requires a player who is very dedicated. We currently have a couple of hybrids who do it but we want to add a pally to that group as they would be the easiest for us to gear as we have no main spec plate dps and no pally healing.

Sounds good. I have always found that when I play the pally its near impossible to not rack gear up for multiple specs. Especially now with the Loot spec, its been good for getting gear while running as Ret.

I will admit I had been getting tank gear so I have a bit to go for holy gear. But with LFR 476's are coming along.
fbxxkl

Am I still in the running :P?

[img]http://qkme.me/3utagw[/img][/img]
fbxxkl

fbxxkl wrote:
Am I still in the running :P?

[img]http://qkme.me/3utagw[/img][/img]

^^^ failed image link.
Vosskah
Officer
Wears Business Socks

You may still be but here's a quote from our how to apply to BT post:

"4) Make sure you've logged out in your PvE gear so we can look at it. Check that your gear is all appropriately gemmed and enchanted.

We'll take your application as seriously as you take it. You're willing to spend real life cash to transfer and join our guild! Spend the time to make your application awesome so that it's a no-brainer for us to want to talk to you. We spend time with each application we get discussing it privately. You want us to say, "Damn, we need to interview this person.""

Everyone is in agreement that we do like your post. You're articulate, in the right demographic and would probably be someone we would interview.

The issues that we are still discussing are twofold:

1. You would have your main in another guild. It's not a showstopper as we have 3 raiders for whom this is the case, but it's something that gives us pause.

2. The fact that your gear is behind is not really a problem for us. We have many raiders here who outplay their gear. But one of the ways we outplay our gear is by making sure it's gemmed, reforged, enchanted. Now of course we're not expecting Dancing Steel to be used on a 450 weapon. But something! Again, this is not a showstopper. But it does give the impression of not trying to be the best you can be with what you have. So, that is our concern and the reason why we communicated with Flyingspam first. Our decision is not final yet, but this is in a nutshell why you were not contacted first even though your app is good.

Totally understand the hang ups.

1. My main would no longer be my monk. It really hasn't been for a few weeks now. I have been trying to gear my paladin to raid with. My main traditionally has always been my paladin and would continue to be that way. I just can't afford to faction/Server change multiple characters so I would just move the paladin. Basically I would consider BT my "Main" guild and the one with my friends an alt guild

2. I have been gemming my gear slowly since I applied. My biggest problem has been that because I have been running LFR so heavily and doing other things to gear I have been replacing items pretty regularly. That is why I haven't gemmed up fully yet. As an example, I have pvp pants blue (458s). I was hoping to replace them before gemming/enchanting if I started raiding. Otherwise I would be more than inclined to do it. Not going to lie though, blizzard drops hate me right now, I have received 5 Chests/boots in the last 2 weeks.

For what ever reason I have always been AWFUL at making gold in this game so just dropping 5-10k on gems and enchants then having to replace it is going to hurt. But if I knew I was going to turn around and raid I would spend as much gold as I needed to, to be ready.

If it makes a difference though I will complete the process once I log in tonight.

:D
Vosskah
Officer
Wears Business Socks

Thank you for your interest to Business Time. We are sorry but have decided to pass on your application.

Best of luck in your search!

Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum