Post new topic   Reply to topic    Business Time Forum Index -> Business Time Discussion (Public)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sanakil
Wears Business Socks

re: Microchips

Please, if you haven't micro-chipped your animal(s), do so.

I have found a few animals in the past that I have taken to my vet right around the corner, and they had no tags or micro-chip and they can only hold them for a day or two and then they go to the shelter, and we all know what usually happens there

I just returned from finding yet another dog, but this time it had a micro-chip and they were able to contact the owners and they will be reunited tonight.

The thought of the animal and the families that lose their animals, what they have to go through is gut wrenching. A coworker of mine had their dog get out while he was on his way to work, the dog was hit by a car and someone took it to the vet, and since it was micro-chipped they were able to contact him and start surgery to save the dogs life (which they did).

So I plea again, PLEASE micro-chip your pets! It is a very inexpensive way to bring the joy back to so many people, and more than likely save an animal's life.

I know in the US, the database most commonly used is through HomeAgain which is linked into the micro-chip database, but your local vet or shelter can micro-chip your animal for a small fee (sometimes free) and provide you with the registration info for the system used in your area which all link into the same database.
Itanya_Blade
Officer
Wears Business Socks

Our local animal shelter chips the animals it adopts, so our kitties are chipped
Shaen
Officer
Wears Business Socks

My takeaway from this is to be careful if you live near Sanakil because he's likely to steal your pets!

Panerai 1
Wears Business Socks

we've chipped our dogs

Zoey practicing her hurdles over Foster.

Wears Business Socks

Winnie is microchipped, the breeder did it before we picked her up the first time.
Itanya_Blade
Officer
Wears Business Socks

Small fuzzy dog.. SO CUTE
Sanakil
Wears Business Socks

Shaen wrote:
My takeaway from this is to be careful if you live near Sanakil because he's likely to steal your pets!

Lol, nah. The surgeon was there (my dog has had 5 surgeries and shes only 1) and told me "finders keepers" and my neighbor told me I shoulda kept it.
Millya
Guild Leader
Wears Business Socks

Rufus came with a microchip that he'd had from his previous owners. I have the number written down I think. It's honestly not so dire here though, our animal shelter is for the most part "no kill," and the adoption program works pretty well. If your dog has gone to the shelter and you don't check with them (they post photos on their website, too) within enough time to pick it up before it's been re-homed, you probably don't deserve a dog!

I'm glad you were able to return that dog though. Happy
Sanakil
Wears Business Socks

That's good to here. My three cats and my dog all got chipped at 8-10 weeks when we got them, we are planning on being good this year, but every June for the past few years we end up adopting a new baby animal. We only have so much room.
Elfindale
Wears Business Socks

Hmm... I never thought of microchipping my kitteh because he is an indoor only kitteh. But then again, you just never know what may happen. I believe I'll check into this the next time he has a checkup. I'd be in very bad shape if he ever disappeared or something happened to him.

Edited to add youtube video of Jasper fetching. He's such a great kitteh.

fbxxkl

Elfindale wrote:
Hmm... I never thought of microchipping my kitteh because he is an indoor only kitteh. But then again, you just never know what may happen. I believe I'll check into this the next time he has a checkup. I'd be in very bad shape if he ever disappeared or something happened to him.

Did you end up doing this?

I just got 2 new kittens (indoor only) and I am wondering about this myself now.
Daedalus4096
Raider
Wears Business Socks

fbxxkl wrote:
Elfindale wrote:

I just got 2 new kittens (indoor only) and I am wondering about this myself now.

Do it anyway. I have an indoor cat who's still managed to escape twice over the course of her life. Hopefully you never need it, but do it.
Elfindale
Wears Business Socks

fbxxkl wrote:
Elfindale wrote:

It hasn't reached time for a checkup yet and I'm a procrastinator. So no, I haven't done it yet.
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Business Time Forum Index -> Business Time Discussion (Public) All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum