Level : 90
Faction : Alliance
Race : Night Elf
Class : Druid
Spec 1 : Feral (Cat)
Spec 2 : Guardian

WoW Armory
WoW Heroes

Tell us a bit about yourself (the person, not the character.) What hobbies do you have outside of WoW? What other games do you like to play, if any? What else are you passionate about?:
Well, I'm an active-duty officer in the military, so that colors a lot of what I do. Happy When not working, I blog (fluiddruid.net, worldofmonkcraft.com) and write for WoW Insider (Chase Hasbrouck). When not doing WoW stuff, I'm typically following NFL football (I'm a Titans fan) or doing stuff with my 4-year-old son.

Please describe your previous/current raiding experience.:
Vanilla: Started playing WoW, character died somewhere in the deserts of Thousand Needles while killing the 283rd basilisk, left him there.
BC: Picked up WoW again, got to max level this time and did some light raiding (Kara/ZA type stuff) on a warlock.
Wrath: Got more serious with the game; kept raiding with the same casual guild, switched over to a druid tank for Naxx and feral DPS for the rest of Wrath. Came back to the States from Korea, so left that guild (Oceanic) and joined a new guild for ICC.
Cata: Raided as feral for 4.0; deployed to Iraq, so missed several months, but found a decent Internet connection from downrange so did some light raiding as resto in FL. Came home, did some light DS raiding but shelved the raid scene for a while to spend more time with my son. He's older now and better at going to bed on time, so I'm giving raiding another go.

Why are you leaving your current guild (if applicable?):
My guild left me! :P The guild I was in on Vek'nilash, Collateral Damage, xferred to Whisperwind to try to recruit up for 25-man raiding; after some thought, I decided not to follow.

(I'm in a placeholder guild right now...I don't even remember the name, off-hand.)

Do you have an off-spec? How good is your off-spec gear, and are you willing to play it if needed?:
I play Guardian very well, Restoration passably well, and Balance terribly. A lot of my feral gear works for Guardian, but I haven't spent any time building up a caster set. If it's necessary, though, I'd be more than happy to gear it and play it.

What is your favourite raid encounter so far in Mists? Why do you like it? What is your least favourite, and why do you dislike it? Feel free to substitute encounters from Cataclysm if needed.:
Favourite? This is a US realm, right? Happy

I've only seen LFR Mists encounters, but my favorite is probably Will of the Emperor (for the dodging of Devastating Combos) or Tsulong (I like popping out of cat to HPS during the day phases). My least favorite is Lei Shi, because, well, it's quite boring.

What do you think is the greatest strength of your class/spec? What do you think is its greatest weakness?:
Ferals have exceptional mobility and significant utility; Symbiosis can ease certain encounters a great deal. They are weak on fights that involve rapid target switching, as their damage is heavily DoT based and has a long ramp-up time.

Why are you interested in joining Business Time?:
Vidyala asked me! Happy Seriously, I read the guild philosophy and it fits me pretty well, I think.

Do you have Mumble installed and a working microphone? (Business Time is no longer using Vent):
Yes

Please provide a link to a recent combat log. LFR logs are acceptable. :
Nothing current - will install the latest WoL client and get a log ASAP. My apologies.

Is there anything else you'd like to add not covered by the previous questions?:
Unfortunately, being military their exists the possibility for deployment/training/random drug test/other bureaucratic erm, stuff at any time; I'll try to give you guys as much notice as possible.

If you were a vanity pet, what would you be (and why)? Your application hinges on this very critical question.:
Navi from Ocarina of Time; so annoying that people would never summon me, and I could chill. :)

Application Availability Info:
Sunday -> Always
Monday -> Always
Tuesday -> Always
Wednesday -> Always
Thursday -> Always
Friday -> Always
Saturday -> Always
Millya
Guild Leader
Wears Business Socks

re: Re: App: chasehas

alarron wrote:

What is your favourite raid encounter so far in Mists? Why do you like it? What is your least favourite, and why do you dislike it? Feel free to substitute encounters from Cataclysm if needed.:
Favourite? This is a US realm, right? Happy

Hi Alarron and thanks for your application. Please give us some time to review it, during which we may have questions for you here. Also it'll be pending a look at some logs when you are able to get them - as we mentioned, LFR is fine for this purpose.

Yes, we are on a US realm but with Canadian leadership, that's why BT is my favourite guild, and I wrote the app so what I say goes. ;)
Alarondruid
Raider
Wears Business Socks

re: APPROVED - App: chasehas - by Vosskah

Canadians? Bah! App withdrawn.
(kidding, really.)

Here's an LFR log for Terrace:

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-makd89qey5h3bf9i/

If there's a specific LFR boss you want me to do for comparison's sake, let me know. For this parse, 483 ilevel, no pots or flasks used but did have a food buff.

(Also, the tanks for this run were a bit...frenetic.) My Tsulong DPS numbers are a bit low because I pop Heart of the Wild and heal for one of the day phases.
Tassager
Wears Business Socks

Druid druid!!
Itanya_Blade
Officer
Wears Business Socks

We don't need no stinking druids. Cept for Ulla...

WAIT! We're not killing Garalon again anytime soon! Where's my campfire button?
Alarondruid
Raider
Wears Business Socks

Itanya_Blade wrote:

There's no stinking here! I bathe regularly!

(BTW, I was the one who wrote up the flaming treant story. :P)
Daedalus4096
Raider
Wears Business Socks

Alarron wrote:
Itanya_Blade wrote:

There's no stinking here! I bathe regularly!

Wait, you're *that* Alarron? You monster! My Feathermoon druid is covered in burn scars because of you! :P
Alarondruid
Raider
Wears Business Socks

HEY LOOK 5.2 NOTHING TO SEE HERE *whistles*
Itanya_Blade
Officer
Wears Business Socks

I actually knew that. Cause I looked you up!
ullariend
Wears Business Socks

Alarron wrote:

Thank you for your interest, but I don't think you are a good fit for the guild

Ok... I'm mostly just bitter that since we aren't planning on going back to HoF, my threat to make Itanya kite garalon if she lights me on fire again is not longer available.

And to be clear since tone doesn't come through on the internet always, I was not speaking for the guild

did they tell you we conduct our interviews over blizzard in-game voice chat?

Wears Business Socks

Chase, we'd like the chance to speak with you further. Are you available on Sunday for an interview? Let us know any times that might work for you! It usually takes between a half hour to forty-five minutes, some have gone as long as an hour but that's usually only if you are Tassager, i.e. a motormouth. ;)
Alarondruid
Raider
Wears Business Socks

Panerai 1 wrote:
did they tell you we conduct our interviews over blizzard in-game voice chat?

Do I get bonus points for already knowing how to turn it on? Happy
Tassager
Wears Business Socks

Millya wrote:
some have gone as long as an hour but that's usually only if you are Tassager, i.e. a motormouth. ;)

Hey! I went closer to two! wink
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Business Time Forum Index -> Applications All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum