Level : 90
Faction : Horde
Race : Pandaren
Class : Hunter
Spec 1 : Beast
Spec 2 : Survival

WoW Armory
WoW Heroes

Tell us a bit about yourself (the person, not the character.) What hobbies do you have outside of WoW? What other games do you like to play, if any? What else are you passionate about?:
I am a software developer in the land of Wisconsin. In my non-WoW time I take care of a a small menagerie of pets (5 cats, 2 huskies), play in a drum corps from time to time, random programming and if all else fails I break out the kilts.

Gaming wise when not in WoW I do a lot of PC gaming that varies from time to time. Past time sinks for me have included Skyrim, Prison Architect, Star Trek Online, Starcraft, Snuggle Truck, and old RPG ROMs for days long past.

Please describe your previous/current raiding experience.:
Raided since late vanilla and have been doing raiding in all roles on my druid. In MoP I switched to my hunter and have been doing mainly LFR and some 10-man raids that have not got very far. I haven't been able to raid as much since my current schedule conflicts a lot with my present guild.

I was in a focused progression group back in Wrath that only raided about 6 hours a week with a mission of getting our drakes from ICC. We managed to pull it off and it was a great experience, something I would like to get back to.

Why are you leaving your current guild (if applicable?):
My current guild is mainly a Tuesday and Thursday night, very casual guild. My Tuesdays have become pretty packed outside of WoW, so I am not able to put in the time I need.

Do you have an off-spec? How good is your off-spec gear, and are you willing to play it if needed?:
My offspec is survival, main is beast mastery. I switch between the two all the time in raids. Generally Bm for single target, and survival for AOE/trash.

What is your favourite raid encounter so far in Mists? Why do you like it? What is your least favourite, and why do you dislike it? Feel free to substitute encounters from Cataclysm if needed.:
Least favorite: The Stone Guards. Get a bad combo and it's going to be a bad bad week. A close second is Lei Shi because I have this wonderful Sha gem that I can't use because Lei Shi is being stingy with my gun drop. :P

Favorite: Wind Lord Mel'jarak. Mainly because I can go survival and see all the pretty numbers on my screen. Happy My favorite fight mechanics wise I like Will of the Emperor. I can give my hunter skills a nice workout with the adds and use a lot of my hunter tricks.

What do you think is the greatest strength of your class/spec? What do you think is its greatest weakness?:
Hunter pets are the biggest asset I bring. I try to keep my stable stocked with every raid buff/debuff needed so I can bring anything that is missing. I like the versatility of being able to fill that need.

I think pets can also be our biggest weakness. If my pet goes down, I lost a huge chunk of my DPS and raid suffers for losing the buff I was providing.

Why are you interested in joining Business Time?:
The hours are a good match for my work/life schedule. The key aspect that attracts me is that the raid time is focused. Come prepared and ready to go.

Do you have Mumble installed and a working microphone? (Business Time is no longer using Vent):
Yes

Please provide a link to a recent combat log. LFR logs are acceptable. :
N/A

Is there anything else you'd like to add not covered by the previous questions?:
Don't have a log parse as the main chunk of raiding I have been doing has been LFR. I am going to try to run it tonight to see if I can get my gun finally. Generally I am in the top 4-5 dps.

I also have 2 other 90 toons, a druid (Sunbane) and a shaman (Starbane) on Aerie Peak.

If you were a vanity pet, what would you be (and why)? Your application hinges on this very critical question.:
Celestial Dragon. I love collecting companion pets (and hunter pets!) and I got this guy before the battle system came out. I was really proud of my collection, especially this guy.

If they came out with a siberian husky type pet though, hands down that would be what I would pick. Why? Siberian huskies are awesome.

Application Availability Info:
Sunday -> 3x a Month
Monday -> 3x a Month
Tuesday -> 1x a Month
Wednesday -> 2x a Month
Thursday -> 3x a Month
Friday -> 1x a Month
Saturday -> 1x a Month
Vosskah
Officer
Wears Business Socks

re: DECLINED - App: TheMustrum - by Vosskah

Thanks for your application, Yarrgh! Please allow us some time to review it and we'll get back to you. We may have some questions for you as well so please check this thread from time to time.

Hi Yaargh. When you run LFR tonight, if you can take logs that would be very helpful for us. If you've never done this before, you can get an addon here: http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/loggerhead that more or less automates at least the capture of the logs. Thanks. =)
TheMustrum

Apologies for the delay, thought I had email notification setup.

Here's a combat log from a run with my current guild from MSV normal. We got through the Stone Guards and got close on Feng.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/6rt8np36d4n42azr/
Vosskah
Officer
Wears Business Socks

Thanks for the reply. We will review the logs and will et back to you.

I the meantime, would you mind telling us about your gemming strategy? How do you decide which gem to put in a socket?

For gems, the general rubric I use is red always get a delicate agility gem and yellow I shoot for a mix of agility and crit. Blue is an agility & hit combo if I I am under cap. I have been going for the socket bonus since I have not been in a setting where min/maxing was really needed. The aim was for the key attributes and making sure there was enough hit to cap.

In a min/max setting, I would only do the socket bonus of it is agility and plug in delicate agility gems elsewhere with the exception of blue slots. If I needed the hit, there I would socket the agi/hit gems for blue.

Looking at my gems now, there are a few green ones I need to replace. Got them when I had less gold on hand (if it wasn't for my alts, I would be rich).
Vosskah
Officer
Wears Business Socks

Good morning, thank you for your answer and my apologies for the unusual delay. We have decided to pass on your application.

Best of luck in your search!

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum