Level : 90
Faction : Alliance
Race : Night Elf
Class : Druid
Spec 1 : Resto
Spec 2 : Balance

WoW Armory
WoW Heroes

Tell us a bit about yourself (the person, not the character.) What hobbies do you have outside of WoW? What other games do you like to play, if any? What else are you passionate about?:
Hey guys! My name is Kristy and I am a VERY YOUNG 42 year old who lives in the middle of nowhere Missouri. I work as a Technical Operations Analyst for Expedia.com, which basically means I utilize SQL queries to research inventory and rate updates for what seems like every hotel in the free world. Basically, my job is to prove Expedia is not at fault for whatever the hotel is accusing us of. I tend to act about like a 23 year old and most people who meet me or work with me guess me to be in my early 30's, so I guess that's cool. I have a very sarcastic sense of humor which I'm sure you will all be exposed to as I warm up to everyone. I love to inject "that's what she said" in the most inopportune places at inopportune times. :D

I am one of those unique crackheads who loves just about everything life has to offer. It's hard for me to say what my hobbies are because I am absolutely interested in doing anything I get a chance to do. I love to read, I love photography (and try to pretend I'm good at it), I love most BBC TV shows, I enjoy being outdoors although no one would know that based on how much time I spend sitting on my ass logged into WoW, I love going to live sporting events of any kind and any level, I love concerts of any kind at any level. I love to be crafty and have done projects with painting and drawing, cross-stitching, painting ceramics, making jewelry, etc. I love to learn / try new things which basically makes me a jack of all trades and a master of none.

I have a huge video game addiction and while WoW is my main game by a long shot, I also play GW2, The Secret World, Star Wars: The Old Republic as well as approx. 43 games on Steam ... most of which I don't have time for.
I am single, living with a young man of the feline persuasion named Jasper (he's my cat if you didn't catch that :P). Unfortunately, I work the graveyard shift from midnight to 8:00am which I hate because it's hard to stop being single that way.
Umm... yeah, I guess that's it for now.

Please describe your previous/current raiding experience.:
Only a few accidental hours in Mogu' shan Vaults when ProCo got desperate a few weeks ago. No raiding in Cataclysm due to being guildless for most of the expansion. Really, I'm not out to be a full-time raider, just a casual member. But that's not to say I have NO interest in maybe one day being a back-up or more. I think my main problem is that I've been following a friend from guild to guild for years now and have been mostly ignored in those guilds because I'm just the tag-a-long friend. So I'm looking forward to breaking free from that and finding a guild where I feel I belong.

Why are you leaving your current guild (if applicable?):
Simply looking for a guild that's a bit more social and chatty. I would love to find somewhere where people are logged in a bit more during the hours I play and where I actually feel welcome and at home.

Do you have an off-spec? How good is your off-spec gear, and are you willing to play it if needed?:
Technically, I use my off-spec as my main spec. I am main specced as a Resto Druid and back in the day I leveled Elfi to 70 in Resto spec because I didn't know any better. Continued as a healer through Wrath, got a chance to do a lot of dungeon healing and some raid healing (mostly Naxx). Then Cataclysm launched and I ran off and leveled to 85 and happily launched myself into heroic dungeons .... where I quickly lost all will to live. If you recall, the first month or two of Cata the heroics were brutal and it was always the healer's fault. I got yelled at, kicked from group, abused repeatedly until it broke me. I stopped healing, went to my Boomkin off-spec and have been Boomkin ever since.

What is your favourite raid encounter so far in Mists? Why do you like it? What is your least favourite, and why do you dislike it? Feel free to substitute encounters from Cataclysm if needed.:
I've only been into Vaults once, so I can't really give this question a good answer yet. Once I get settled back into concentrating on Elfi, I am planning on using LFR to see some content.

What do you think is the greatest strength of your class/spec? What do you think is its greatest weakness?:
I would have to say the Boomkins greatest strength is the /dance. Have you seen it? It's mesmerizing. :P But seriously, I'd say the fact that Boomkins can now heal themselves without losing their shape-shifted forms is a great strength and aside from that I really enjoy the Eclipse mechanic. As long as you are paying attention and using it correctly it really helps to increase damage and make mana usage more efficient.
Greatest weakness(es), in my opinion, is the long-ass cast times for wrath and starfire are exasperating - even with a good haste number (considering my gear) and then also Boomkins seem to lag behind in dps when it comes to group mobs. AOE is a bit limited and mana intensive. We're much more productive on single targets but in dungeon runs, that doesn't show up on recount. :(

Why are you interested in joining Business Time?:
As soon as I realized I wanted a new guild but did not want to change servers and wander off alone, I immediately thought of Business Time because I knew Vidyala through being a fan of her blog and following her and Voss on Twitter.

Do you have Mumble installed and a working microphone? (Business Time is no longer using Vent):
Yes

Please provide a link to a recent combat log. LFR logs are acceptable. :
http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-hcj3djuozlaet68n/details/25/

Is there anything else you'd like to add not covered by the previous questions?:
Just an FYI on the combat log I posted above - this is from the 1 night ProCo invited me into their raid. I went in blindly and didn't receive any instructions until the 3rd boss when I finally begged them to tell me something. So it's a terrible log. :(

If you were a vanity pet, what would you be (and why)? Your application hinges on this very critical question.:
I think I would have to choose Sprite Darter Hatchling because then I could be all cute and glittery and flit about all carefree, pretending to be all innocent until someone upsets me and then I'M A FUCKING DRAGON. Rawr!

Application Availability Info:
Sunday -> Don't Know
Monday -> Don't Know
Tuesday -> Don't Know
Wednesday -> Don't Know
Thursday -> Don't Know
Friday -> Don't Know
Saturday -> Don't Know
Tassager
Wears Business Socks

re: APPROVED - App: Elfindale - by Vosskah

Druid Druid. :-)
Vosskah
Officer
Wears Business Socks

Welcome to BT!

Now guys, Elfi has been in our guild for a few weeks now on her alt dk. She expressed the desire to also move her main (for some reason, Tass' butt stench did not deter her) so we suggested that she apped to get access to the forums and also let you guys know a bit more about her.

Welcome aboard! And if Ex says something that doesn't seem to make sense in gchat, just do what we do and ignore him. It will pass. Happy

Yay Official Elfi!
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Business Time Forum Index -> Applications All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum