View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page Previous  1, 2
Daedalus4096
Raider
Wears Business Socks

re: APPROVED - App: Daedalus4096 - by Millya

So, now that I've been part of the guild a few weeks, I've learned that you all are, in fact, as cool as Itanya says you are. Happy It's also given me time to get my warlock a bit more gear and raid experience. As such, I'd like to apply for a shot at the raid!

This evening I finished my first full run through LFR Terrace of Endless Spring on my warlock Pargath. I've uploaded the log of that outing to WoL here: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/z0ti07k8l0cj88lm/. Please let me know if there are any questions that I can answer about my rampant nubbery and how it does or does not fit in with your raid.

Thanks, and in the meantime I'm greatly enjoying hanging out with you all. Happy
Vosskah
Officer
Wears Business Socks

Ok, thanks for your app to raider status. Happy

Now, there will be an interview in mumble but we're just trying to figure out when is a good time. Also, would you mind posting a screenshot of your UI?

Also, what is the proper reaction if you pull accidentally from a tank? Do you know just how much, as a warlock, you will be blamed for everything by our mage Guild Leader?

Thanks, I'm looking forward to talking with you all. My schedule's mostly wide open, apart from Friday 6-9pm when I raid over on Feathermoon. And I'll try to get you a good action shot of my UI this evening when I get home from work.

To answer your first question, ideally I shouldn't be pulling off of the tank in the first place. That's what Omen and ThreatPlates are for, and I should be heeding their warnings and taking whatever pre-emptive steps are necessary, such as Soulshattering when I'm approaching but have not yet crossed that threshold.

That said, if I do happen to unleash one too many Chaos Bolts in a cackling fit of hellfiery madness, the best thing that I can do is to stop everything. Immediately Soulshattering would be a mistake, because there's a good chance that the mob could then go eat some other poor DPS or healer who didn't screw up. I should either stand still or run towards the tank, ceasing all DPS. If the mob I've aggro'd is big and nasty, protect myself with Dark Bargain and/or Undying Resolve until the tank can regain control. Once it's looking at the tank again, *then* I Soulshatter and resume DPS while hanging my head in shame. If I'm particularly successful in keeping my cool, I'll even manage to keep my finger off of push-to-talk as I scream like a little girl.

As for blame, I'm used to it. Honestly, I doubt Millya could blame me for more than Itanya does already anyway (i.e. everything). Happy
Vosskah
Officer
Wears Business Socks

Daedalus4096 wrote:

To answer your first question, ideally I shouldn't be pulling off of the tank in the first place. That's what Omen and ThreatPlates are for, and I should be heeding their warnings and taking whatever pre-emptive steps are necessary, such as Soulshattering when I'm approaching but have not yet crossed that threshold.

That said, if I do happen to unleash one too many Chaos Bolts in a cackling fit of hellfiery madness, the best thing that I can do is to stop everything. Immediately Soulshattering would be a mistake, because there's a good chance that the mob could then go eat some other poor DPS or healer who didn't screw up. I should either stand still or run towards the tank, ceasing all DPS. If the mob I've aggro'd is big and nasty, protect myself with Dark Bargain and/or Undying Resolve until the tank can regain control. Once it's looking at the tank again, *then* I Soulshatter and resume DPS while hanging my head in shame. If I'm particularly successful in keeping my cool, I'll even manage to keep my finger off of push-to-talk as I scream like a little girl.

As for blame, I'm used to it. Honestly, I doubt Millya could blame me for more than Itanya does already anyway (i.e. everything). Happy

SEE? This is how a respectful dps needs to act when pulling aggro! The answer is not: "When pulling a mob from the tank, hit it harder! It's the damn tank's job to taunt it off"
Bunch of cowboys dps!

Although, I did tank a mender for the whole fight in lfr yesterday because the tank could not regain aggro... Hmm... I'm getting a split personality.

Bah! Heal all the things, Cept Rhidach
Vosskah
Officer
Wears Business Socks

Ok, since we raid tomorrow and I don't like interviewing on a Saturday night, let's do this tonight at 7pm PST.

Works for me, I'll be there. I have Mumble already installed and (hopefully) configured right, so I'll check the forums and guild info for your server information. On the off-chance I have to stay late at work this evening, I'll give you as much notice as I can.
Vosskah
Officer
Wears Business Socks

Sounds good, see you then!

Wears Business Socks

Quote:
SEE? This is how a respectful dps needs to act when pulling aggro!

Quote:
respectful dps

Bahahahahahaha
Daedalus4096
Raider
Wears Business Socks

Okay, it may be missing a few bits that I can't think of right now, but this should be a useful snapshot of my UI.

Forum Image
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Business Time Forum Index -> Applications All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum