Level : 90
Faction : Horde
Race : Undead
Class : Warlock
Spec 1 : Destruction
Spec 2 : Demonology

WoW Armory
WoW Heroes

Tell us a bit about yourself (the person, not the character.) What hobbies do you have outside of WoW? What other games do you like to play, if any? What else are you passionate about?:
I'm a computer nerd, book fanatic, and all-around geek. I develop software for a living, which really has very little to do with actually enjoying computer software, but allows me a bit extra schadenfreude when I encounter bugs in other people's code. When I'm not WoWing it up, I'm probably either reading a sci-fi/fantasy novel (such as Cold Days which I recently finished to my delight; damn you, Jim Butcher, write faster!), procrastinating on finishing my own novel (the last fifty-thousand words write themselves, right?), or having the skin licked off my arm by one of my cats (and I do mean that literally; he's drawn blood with his tongue before). Oh, and sometimes I play other games, too. Minecraft currently owns majority shares of my soul, but Dishonored and Skyrim aren't going to give up without a fight. And because not all good games live on a computer, I try to play board games in person with friends at least every couple of weeks. Currently I'm partial to Seven Wonders, but Settlers of Catan is a classic and I'm always up for a round of Battlestar Galactica.

Please describe your previous/current raiding experience.:
I'm currently a member of a casual 10-man raid group called Doom and Blet, led by your very own Itanya_Blade, and have been since the beginning of Cataclysm. We're still working on normal Mogushan Vaults at the moment, but we're confident that we can overcome our Elegon roadblock in the next week or two, and then stomp all over Will before moseying on over to Heart of Fear. In our group, I'm the designated swing healer on my druid Verdus@Feathermoon. (Unrelated: Verdus is already a taken name on Guild Launch? I shake my fist at the name-thief! /fistshake) Most weeks I'm DPSing as Balance, but when necessary I switch roles to Resto instead.

As for prior experience, I've been raiding since mid-BC, primarily in a casual 25-man raid called The Anvil, of which Itanya_Blade was an officer, until it dissolved at the end of Wrath. During late Wrath, I also had a second, more progression-oriented 10-man raid group which I believe did quite well. We managed to get 5/5 H-TotC and 11/12 H-ICC by the end of the expansion, but didn't reform for Cataclysm. I primarily healed for both groups, but got in the occasional DPS week as well.

Why are you leaving your current guild (if applicable?):
I'm not! I like Doom and Blet and am hoping to supplement it with shenanigans on Moonrunner, not replace it. Also, I'm pretty sure that Itanya_Blade would light me on fire if I tried to leave.

Do you have an off-spec? How good is your off-spec gear, and are you willing to play it if needed?:
While my warlock does have a Demonology off-spec, it's still relatively new to me. Most of my experience with the class has been as Destruction, and it's what I'm currently most comfortable with. I'm exploring the other two specs to see if either of them appeal to me as an off-spec for encounters which work against the Destruction toolset. I only have the one puny set of gear at the moment, as the character has only been 90 for a few days, but I'm willing to fix that if needed.

What is your favourite raid encounter so far in Mists? Why do you like it? What is your least favourite, and why do you dislike it? Feel free to substitute encounters from Cataclysm if needed.:
Most of the current tier's encounters I've only seen in LFR so far, but I'm partial to Tsulong, at least from a healing perspective. It's a fun alternation between healing steady raid pressure and outputting massive single-target throughput. From a DPS perspective, I like Spirit Kings. The combination of four relatively simple mini-bosses, each ratcheting up the fight complexity as you kill them, makes for an interesting encounter. I liked it better before they made the activation order fixed, though; it's an easier fight to learn now, sure, but the varying order is what I felt made it interesting.

For least favorite, I'd have to go with either Sha of Fear as a healer or Stone Guard as a DPS. Maybe it's just the LFR difficulty taking something critical away from the Sha fight, but as a healer it's just *boring*. There's almost nothing to do unless you get Cackled, and even that's not very interesting. Stone Guard as a ranged DPS, on the other hand, because there's too much to do. Specifically, too much random movement. Trying to chain-cast 2.7s Starfire casts while having to move every five to ten seconds does not a fun time make.

What do you think is the greatest strength of your class/spec? What do you think is its greatest weakness?:
The biggest strength of a Destruction warlock, at least from my perspective, is its capacity for massive single-target burst damage. I don't care how many millions of hit points you have, four consecutive cooldown-augmented Chaos Bolts to the face is going to ruin your day. It also does surprisingly well on cleave fights, thanks to Havoc, and can maintain reasonable single-target throughput while outputting AOE damage, courtesy of Fire & Brimstone and Rain of Fire.

As for its greatest weakness, I'd have to say random movement. The spec is almost entirely dependent on cast-time spells; its only spammable instant is Fel Flame, which does lackluster damage and will OOM you in a heartbeat if you lean on it too heavily. Sometimes you can lean on Conflagrate procs, but those are limited in charges and reckless use will end up wasting Backdraft procs, which you need to maintain good sustained DPS. The class has a number of tools to help mitigate this mobility weakness, but only with preparation and a reasonable guess of where you need to go. Specifically, Gateway and Circle can both move you instantly, but only if you already planned out where you need to go. Kil'jaeden's Cunning can let you try to power through this weakness by continuing to cast while moving, but the commensurate movement speed reduction makes it more difficult to get out of The Bad in the first place.

Why are you interested in joining Business Time?:
Right now, I'm hoping to join as a casual, so as to check out the guild and perhaps raid app later. Itanya_Blade has spoken very highly of you and I'm curious to see for myself what all the fuss is about. I also have a bit of an itch for more progression-focused raiding like back in my Wrath 10-man group, but since I'm unsure whether I *really* want to add two more days of raiding to my schedule, I figured a casual app would be a good place to start.

Do you have Mumble installed and a working microphone? (Business Time is no longer using Vent):
Yes

Please provide a link to a recent combat log. LFR logs are acceptable. :
http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/gu3y8yg4nmmrpbjz/

Is there anything else you'd like to add not covered by the previous questions?:
Three point one four one five nine,
Pie for lunch is mighty fine!
Two six five three five eight nine,
I eat pie in record time!
Sound off!

If you were a vanity pet, what would you be (and why)? Your application hinges on this very critical question.:
If I had to choose, I think I'd go with the Teldrassil Sproutling. Everyone's always saying that my druid owes him child support (even though there's no relation) and since I know how much gold my druid has, I want a piece of that action!

Application Availability Info:
Sunday -> 3x a Month
Monday -> Always
Tuesday -> 2x a Month
Wednesday -> Always
Thursday -> Always
Friday -> Never
Saturday -> 3x a Month
Daedalus4096
Raider
Wears Business Socks

re: APPROVED - App: Daedalus4096 - by Millya

One small thing I should clarify... Since Pargath has only been 90 for less than a week and can't even do LFR yet, the log link that I posted is for my other character Verdus. I apologize for any confusion, but I didn't want to just leave that blank.
Millya
Guild Leader
Wears Business Socks

Hi Daedalus and thanks for your application. As I imagine Itanya has explained to you, casual/social members with friends don't strictly *need* to apply (although it's nice that you did) so we can get to know you.

Accordingly, you can transfer over any time you like and join the guild as a social member (we still have a trial period while folks are settling in). If you'd like to apply as a raider at a later time we can talk about that then. Cheers and talk to you soon!
Daedalus4096
Raider
Wears Business Socks

Hooray! Yes, she did mention that, but I felt it would be a good idea to go through the process, particularly since there's a good chance I'll be raid apping later on anyway. Thanks, and I'm looking forward to meeting you all. Happy
Itanya_Blade
Officer
Wears Business Socks

Let the poking with sticks begin!
Daedalus4096
Raider
Wears Business Socks

What?! You promised no sticks this time!
Itanya_Blade
Officer
Wears Business Socks

I did not!

I promised not to say you were a tard. And I got the chat log to prove it!
Tassager
Wears Business Socks

Oh, jeeze. Friends with Itanya? Not sure if we can be friends. /ducks

But. Druid druid. So you're cool. :-D
Nyxiane

How do you feel about gnomes?

Wears Business Socks

So many ways to answer, so few that will not end up with me being lit on fire.
Daedalus4096
Raider
Wears Business Socks

Spyri, you ask a valid and important question, one which I believe I can only answer with sufficient accuracy by providing a basic flowchart. So, here you go.

Forum Image
Itanya_Blade
Officer
Wears Business Socks

WHAT!

You would not punt your dwarf's bestest!
Daedalus4096
Raider
Wears Business Socks

Okay, Whistlemae can be exempt from punting, for Tahnshe's sake. Those other gnomes of yours better watch out, though!
Itanya_Blade
Officer
Wears Business Socks

Well QQ would get punted based on all of those criteria, so I can live with that.
Nyxiane

Fabulous, we'll get along just fine! Happy

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum