Level : 90
Faction : Alliance
Race : Night Elf
Class : Druid
Spec 1 : Resto
Spec 2 : Feral (Cat)

WoW Armory
WoW Heroes

Tell us a bit about yourself (the person, not the character.) What hobbies do you have outside of WoW? What other games do you like to play, if any? What else are you passionate about?:
I am first a women, then a gamer. Occasionally I dabble in being a student of the Therapy Arts (no really, I'm studying to be a counselor). I occasionally write, but it's so sporadic that I doubt self-labeling as a writer is fair. I enjoy a fair number of games, but the majority of my time, when at a computer, is spent playing WoW or GW2. I love Pokemon and Professor Layton games on the 3/DS. I own too many DS systems purely for Pokemon purposes (I have not yet been told to seek professional help for this, but it is a consideration). I do crafts on occasion such as knitting and crocheting. I've recently purchased an insanely silly amount of nail polish... for reasons.

I work in a non-profit that helps children get mentors. Most of these children come from very poor and underprivileged homes. It is absolutely self-less but also so very rewarding.

I advocate in my local area for equality, whatever that means at the time. It currently means doing a lot of work with children and the LGBTQ community.

I love animals, and long walks on the park. I prefer a tall man with dark hair... wait a minute... (I kid! I kid! ;) )

Please describe your previous/current raiding experience.:
So, Hestiah is currently still on Elune guilded in my bank alt guild (so please ignore that).

T14: She was previously in Undying Resolution and I was there for the first 4 boss kills in MSV. I've cleared MSV and HoF in LFR.
T13: I was 8/8 HM DS by the end of Cataclysm.
Just about when DS came out, however, I quit raiding with Apotheosis because they were more hardcore oriented than I was interested in.
T12: 7/8 HM in Firelands. Never did get that H Ragnaros kill.
T11: 7/12 HM across all instances.

All of my other raid kills (WotLK, BC, Vanilla) were done well after the content was current, so the majority of the fights I don't even know what the strats are other than run in, kill stuff, and win. It was because of Kurn that I chose to pursue raiding specifically for Cataclysm.

Why are you leaving your current guild (if applicable?):
The reasons for why I was asked to leave the guild are largely circumstantial. I wasn't given an "official" reason for them asking me to leave other than they felt we weren't compatible. Other's told me it was because I had broken the Twitter/Social Media policy, but that's 2nd-hand information that I don't know for truth.

From my personal perspective and observation, them asking me to leave was a favor because I was growing increasingly unhappy with the direction of the guild. I was told it was a casual, but progression-minded guild and they were exactly that when I joined in Cataclysm. Upon MoP's release, the guild's direction started more toward the hardcore, but there was no vote/announcement/discussion about this. Had I known this was the direction they were headed, I would not have transferred.

I left Apotheosis because they were most definitely a hardcore oriented 25m raiding guild. It wasn't because of people, policies, or anything. I just didn't want to raid that often, or that seriously. I still have toons in Apotheosis and Kurn is still a great friend of mine.

Do you have an off-spec? How good is your off-spec gear, and are you willing to play it if needed?:
My OS set is feral. It's not terrible. I've been working on trying to get Hestiah a few more pieces of feral gear and she's gotten somewhat lucky with bonus roll pieces in LFR. Otherwise her healing set was my main focus as I was MS Restoration.

What is your favourite raid encounter so far in Mists? Why do you like it? What is your least favourite, and why do you dislike it? Feel free to substitute encounters from Cataclysm if needed.:
I really like the dynamics of Spirit Kings. The constant movement and situational awareness. It also tends to utilize druid's mobile healing more, so I might be a little bit biased. I also really like the type of mechanics that they introduced with Garalon. Some of that slightly different, a little bit fun, coordination stuff is great. My first experience I was one of the pheromone trading person's in LFR. Once a friend and I were able to coordinate that, it meant a kill for the group. It was pretty fantastic!

Least favorite. Oh goodness. Blade Lord Ta'yak hand's down. Silly, silly tornadoes. Granted my experience has only been LFR, which is actually significantly less-terrible than normal-mode of this fight, but it's more tornadoes. With wind.

What do you think is the greatest strength of your class/spec? What do you think is its greatest weakness?:
I think one of the greatest druid strengths is their versatility. Hybrid classes are pretty excellent in that regard. Druid healers, in particular, are very mobile. With the changes to Harmony, they've allowed us to go back to being able to be on the move while healing, rather than worrying about the uptime on our mastery buff.

Our weakness right now, as I suspect many have heard, is our toolkit. Mushrooms heals for so little that it often doesn't make sense to use them in the middle of a fight. The only time to use them is in the beginning when you can set up. Some of our core spells are extremely expensive mana-wise, which makes for an interesting game of "what heal can I use?!" but there's a learning curve with it, as with the beginning of most expansions. I agree with some of the more vocal resto druids in that a little bit of tweaking and adjusting is in order to bring resto druids out from the bottom of healing and make us a more viable choice again (over, say monks who are just killin' it with the healing!).

Why are you interested in joining Business Time?:
I've tagged along on some Ulduar runs with BT before. And maybe a Sha of Anger fight, if I remember correctly. I've been looking for the right balance of raiding (I want to try hardmodes, I just don't care about being server first, or being overly frustrated about pushing HM content) and personalities. Being the new kid is always tough or can include a distinct adjustment period. However, I feel like I'm pretty adaptable on most things. I've known Vidyala on twitter for quite some time, as well as on realID. I feel that your guild is much more along the play- and raid-style I'm looking for, or at least I hope so!

Do you have Mumble installed and a working microphone? (Business Time is no longer using Vent):
Yes

Please provide a link to a recent combat log. LFR logs are acceptable. :
http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-oonn0s735wirr9vr/

Is there anything else you'd like to add not covered by the previous questions?:
Only one thing. I generally preface this in some way, shape or form. One thing I got from Apotheosis that I have yet to find elsewhere, is a sense of equality. Hate speech was not allowed in guild chat or otherwise. Specifically the use of "rape", "gay", and "fag" in derogatory ways unrelated to their current cultural meaning. It's the one thing that is my dealbreaker. And it was heartbreaking that when I informed UR of this, they agreed they were in-line with similar policies. However, they didn't adhere to them. And often I saw homophobic slurs in guild chat.

I am not a "word-nazi". I don't want people to feel censored. These particular words cause my face to go red and my skin to grow hot. I say make all of the boob, fart, and poop jokes you want! Most things don't offend me. It's these 3, though.

So while it's never best to put your worst foot forward, if these are words that you are okay with in your guildchat as it doesn't cause you the same frustration and anger as it does me, I'd appreciate knowing this beforehand. There is nothing like being told that type of speech is unacceptable only to see it, it not get corrected by an officer or the GM, and being told that my pointing it out was offensive.

As you've stated, I don't want to waste anyone's time, as you don't want to waste mine. This one is the one thing that's very important to me.

If you were a vanity pet, what would you be (and why)? Your application hinges on this very critical question.:
Terrible Turnip! That silly little turnip look so angry, but is still SO cute! And it's main concern is knocking it's enemies down to one, so that they can be captured. Talk about a team player! Incidentally, my Terrible Turnip's name is Doom.

Application Availability Info:
Sunday -> Always
Monday -> 3x a Month
Tuesday -> 3x a Month
Wednesday -> Always
Thursday -> 3x a Month
Friday -> Always
Saturday -> Always
Millya
Guild Leader
Wears Business Socks

re: DECLINED - App: Hestiahdruid - by Vosskah

Hi Hestiah and thanks for your application! Please give us some time to discuss it and we will get back to you here.
Carlctrl
Raider
Wears Business Socks

Quote:
...Incidentally, my Terrible Turnip's name is Doom.

You must have met Itanya, our local doomsayer...

Hestiahdruid

@ Millya: Thanks, I'll check back. Happy
@ Carlctrl: I have not, but this sounds like something I should remedy!
Shaen
Officer
Wears Business Socks

Quote:
Silly, silly tornadoes.

Blizz has a very weird fixation with tornadoes and poop quests.

Carlctrl
Raider
Wears Business Socks

Shaen wrote:
Quote:
Silly, silly tornadoes.

I sure hope they never mix the two....

Panerai 1
Wears Business Socks

Shaen wrote:
Quote:
Silly, silly tornadoes.

you're from Dallas right?
should be familiar to you

Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum