Post new topic   Reply to topic    Business Time Forum Index -> Business Time Discussion (Public)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Panerai 1
Wears Business Socks

re: MoP Trailer mood

I thought the Mists trailer was pretty good

Coincidentally, because of travel and other reasons I've been watching a lot of netflix and a genre i've been into lately is Chinese/Japanese/Asian action and drama.

I'm not saying these are totally wear your business socks awesome, but very enjoyable and MoP mood supportive and not a Jack Black voiced cartoon.

I know there are many many other great movies in this genre, but these are all on netflix streaming at the moment.

Decective Dee and the Mystery of the Phantom Flame
Sounds more like a scooby doo title, but its a sherlock holmes style mystery and visually stunning

13 Assassins
Japanese samurai conspire to bring down the bad guy. Very dark and slow to start - but epic fighting at the end

Red Cliff
John Woo classic million man battle

Shaolin
Classic fighting although not a ton of it. Really good story and has jackie chan

IP Man 1 & 2
Bruce Lee's teacher fight the arrogant bad guys and colonial english in Hong Kong. recent history, so not a period drama

The Man from Nowhere
Korean and current period so not really appropriate for this list...but it rocks and one of the best movies i've seen in a long time. violent

Wears Business Socks

Watched Ip Man 1, but not the second one yet. I admit that one was definitely a worthwhile watch. I'll have to check which of those others are on teh Canadian redheaded step-child netflix. =P

Wears Business Socks

I'd also recommend the House of Flying Daggers, The Drunken Master, Seven Deadly Venoms and, of course, Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon.

These are not currently streaming, but they are excellent. I might also own them (and Detective Dee) on DvD
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Business Time Forum Index -> Business Time Discussion (Public) All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum