Post new topic   Reply to topic    Business Time Forum Index -> Business Time Discussion (Public)
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page Previous  1, 2
Meraxiss
Wears Business Socks

re: Computer School - Teach Me!

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814150521

The link I meant, its performance/features IMO edge the 560 GTX (not the 560 Ti though). As for the GPU nvidia vs. AMD debate, AMD has stepped up the game in this field (sadly not so much in cpus though). The driver updates and tuning tools are just flat out better than nvidia and the cards themselves are better priced with many having better performance as well.

Memory go with something like this

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231314

As for MoBo my opinion as a builder is: Know whats compatible (Intel LGA 1155/LGA 1156), Size for your case (micro or full size board), know what features you need/want (Pci express 3.0X16 and number of slots, SATA3, USB3 number of slots and locations), and finally what features are important to you (xfire/SLI, military spec, UEFI, etc.) Once you know what you need and want you can look at manufacturers. Personally I would spring the extra few bucks for a Gigabyte or Asus board, and I would avoid Foxcon, biostar or MSI like the plague. ASrock is reviewed well, and Supp seems happy with his so that's your call. But after several builds of my own and for others I strongly advise going for the quality board, nothing is a bigger pain in the ass than replacing a mobo.
Vosskah
Officer
Wears Business Socks

I agree with Mer. After having had problems with MSI, gigabyte, etc. I always buy Asus now and it's really worth it. I especially love the military grade ones not too costly but really damn good.

So... Again, thank you all for your help! I'm 100% up and running, and just need one more damned adapter (seriously, lesson one from a first time computer builder... the cords and the adapters will be the end of you), and then it's DONE. Thought I'd share some pics.

Parts:
Forum Image

First test run with two monitors... main monitor there isn't the one I ended up with as my second. Actually got one larger. Now I'm at one 23", and one 21". Love it. Case fan LED's have an on/off switch (was a must have for me) there on the front panel.
Forum Image

Front of case:
Forum Image

Guts:
Forum Image
Zierlyn
Raider
Wears Business Socks

That is one sweet case. Jealous, I am it.

GDPR#2621198

re: GDPR#2621198

GDPR#2621198
Tassager
Wears Business Socks

Thanks guys! I am very pleased with how it turned out. Will be building my own from here on out.

The case (Corsair 500R) was actually one of the last decisions I made. Decided to just go with the stock CPU heatsink fan, and spend that additional money instead on a case with some giant airflow and features I really wanted. I'm pleased with that decision. Since I'm not OC'ing, my CPU temps have held nice and low. Plus, the case just looks great. :-)
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Business Time Forum Index -> Business Time Discussion (Public) All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum