Level : 85
Faction : Alliance
Race : Human
Class : Paladin
Spec 1 : Prot
Spec 2 : Ret

WoW Armory
WoW Heroes

Tell us a bit about yourself (the person, not the character.) What hobbies do you have outside of WoW? What other games do you like to play, if any? What else are you passionate about?:
Well, my name is Matt. I'm 27, work as a technical editor at a publishing company. I'm married, and have the most adorable blue heeler puppy ever. I spend a lot of my free time either training the puppy to high-five, or in front of the computer playing games like Minecraft, Endless Space, Sword of the Stars, and Civ5. I used to do a lot of blogging, at my blog Righteous Defense, but I hung that up months ago when I took an extended hiatus from WoW. I still write the prot paladin column for WoW Insider.

Please describe your previous/current raiding experience.:
Most of my major raiding experience (aside from some random Gruul and BT pugging in Burning Crusade) was with my previous guild. I started raiding at the beginning of Wrath with them, and did all the raids throughout the expansion, including Naxx, Ulduar, ToC (where I did A Tribute to Insanity 10), ICC (we finished 11/12 heroic 25s), and Halion.

In Cata, we attempted to do more heroic content. We ended up 4/13 heroic 25 in Tier 11, 3/7 in Tier 12, and I stopped raiding when we were at 6/8 normal 25s.

I should mention that from ICC through Firelands, I was the raid and guild leader for the guild, until I passed the mantle to one of the officers to focus more on enjoying the game. During Dragon Soul, I ended up as raid leader again during a personnel shuffle. I can safely say, however, that that hat is firmly, firmly hung up now.

Why are you leaving your current guild (if applicable?):
I left during Dragon Soul because leading was taking its toll on me, as well as some real life matters. During my hiatus the guild changed, to point where I don't feel it's the best place for me any more.

Do you have an off-spec? How good is your off-spec gear, and are you willing to play it if needed?:
I have a Ret offspec that I can learn to be adequate at once again. The gear is Firelands-quality. I'm willing to play it, but I'll need time to de-rust.

What is your favourite raid encounter so far in Cataclysm? Why do you like it? What is your least favourite, and why do you dislike it?:
My favorite encounter so far in Cataclysm is easily Alysrazor. As a tank, I loved tweaking my gear, consumables, and rotation to maximize my damage output and kill my bird as quickly and cleanly as possible. It was one of the few fights this expansion that game me a lot of latitude as a tank -- I got to move around, I had multiple balls to juggle. Even more so on heroic. Very fun fight all around.

What do you think is the greatest strength of your class/spec? What do you think is its greatest weakness?:
The greatest strength of my class and spec is its durability. We have multiple excellent cooldowns, can cap our block chance (well, for now), and have some decent self-healing. Our greatest weaknesses are a lack of solid magic mitigation (most of our mitigation is focusing on physical damage), and mobility. We're slow and deliberative when it comes to moving around the field, which can hurt on some fights (like Shannox, as one example).

Why are you interested in joining Business Time?:
I've known Millya and Vosskah through twitter for a long time, and they've always portrayed BT as a fun, great guild that has an awesome track record of success. Coming back from my hiatus, I'm looking to shift gears to a more serious guild (than my previous one) that works in 10s mode. Whenever I raided in 10s in my previous guild, I always had a lot more fun, so I'm excited at the prospect of only focusing on that.

Do you have Mumble installed and a working microphone? (Business Time is no longer using Vent):
Yes

Please provide a link to a recent combat log. If you have not been raiding recently enough to have access to such a log, even a one or two boss run of Baradin Hold is fine.:
I haven't raided since Dec, all logs are gone from back then, sorry!

Is there anything else you'd like to add not covered by the previous questions?:
I think I was a little verbose, so I think I covered everything.

If you were a vanity pet, what would you be (and why)? Your application hinges on this very critical question.:
Li'l XT, because I love to play and to sort things into piles.

Application Availability Info:
Sunday -> Never
Monday -> Always
Tuesday -> Always
Wednesday -> Always
Thursday -> Always
Friday -> Always
Saturday -> 2x a Month
Millya
Guild Leader
Wears Business Socks

re: APPROVED - App: Rhidach - by Carlctrl

Hey Rhidach, thanks for your application. Give us a bit of time to discuss it and we will be getting back to you.
Millya
Guild Leader
Wears Business Socks

I ran into Rhidach in game and asked when he'd be available to interview and he's free any time today, I was thinking perhaps before our H Rag run (ie perhaps 6 PST?) If that doesn't work for Jake and other folks we will reschedule to another time.
Vosskah
Officer
Wears Business Socks

Ok, Rhidach, your interview is scheduled for tonight at 6pm server (PST). This should give us enough time before the Firelands raid.

Please let us know if this time does not work for you.

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum