View previous topic :: View next topic  
Carlctrl
Raider
Wears Business Socks

re: Heroic Zon'ozz

Forum Image

Another Heroic bites the dust! Once we figured out where to be for the dark phase the fight progressed quickly. We followed up our kill with a lightning quick finish of the rest of the raid, culminating in a mount drop from Madness!

Business time would like dedicate this kill to our Raid leader and Guild leader who couldn't be here tonight.

Tassager
Wears Business Socks

Miss you both.

Great kill tonight, all. He'll go down easily from here on in. We've got this one cracked, I'd say.
Millya
Guild Leader
Wears Business Socks

Congratulations on the kill, guys, and thanks for the thought. I'm glad our absence didn't disrupt the raid. In fact, I think you all do better when we aren't there! What's THAT all about?
Tassager
Wears Business Socks

Millya wrote:
In fact, I think you all do better when we aren't there! What's THAT all about?

We're all extra motivated by the thought of Voss seeing the new killshot for the first time and saying "those bastards!"

Itanya_Blade
Officer
Wears Business Socks

Well, we also didn't have Voss riding our asses to move.

So there was a lot of down time between pulls while we sussed somethings out.

But Tass is right, I think we finally cracked it. Would have cracked it sooner, if I had realized that we only had two people in melee soaking bounces. I had the dumb. (Someone else might have done it too... but I'll still take the blame cause I didn't notice at all)
Zierlyn
Raider
Wears Business Socks

It's funny, and by no means should we ever suggest Vince stop pressuring us to move, but we pretty much would not have gotten him this week if we had a more conventional raid. Our kill was two hours into the raid or so, with some pulls that had steps back in progress that would definitely have caused us to rethink trying again on a regular day.

We also talked. A LOT. There was more time spent discussing in Mumble than actually fighting, and I know that usually gets stifled, and for good reason, too. I'm sure there are others who would agree we probably did spend a bit too much time discussing, even in spite of getting the kill.

On the other hand who am I to say that we wouldn't have gotten him down sooner if Voss had been there pushing us and keeping us in line!?

That being said, it may be supporting evidence for the argument that not all fight planning and strat modification should be handled between raids, and a little room be left open for improvisation between attempts.

Wears Business Socks

Voss is really good at poking and directing us towards answers.
Vosskah
Officer
Wears Business Socks

Congrats guys!

Jump to: