Level : 76
Faction : Alliance
Race : Night Elf
Class : Priest
Spec 1 : Shadow
Spec 2 : Discipline

WoW Armory
WoW Heroes

Tell us a bit about yourself (the person, not the character.) What hobbies do you have outside of WoW? What other games do you like to play, if any? What else are you passionate about?:
Hi! You might (kind of) know me, I'm Nyxy on twitter, Schadnfreude/Kohbae/Dietrich in TLR/BT Firelands raids.

I'm a returning college student IRL, majoring in psychology and transferring to UCSC in the coming fall, with aspirations to research & a doctorate after that. Outside of WoW, I love to read for fun (when I have time and my brain isn't mush from reading for class), gardening, hiking, noisy rock concerts, and playing non-video games (Munchkin, Apples to Apples, etc). I apparently also enjoy not going to movies, and then causing people to go OMG WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOU HAVEN'T SEEN THAT?! I used to play a lot more video games before WoW ate my gaming life, but I also play Starcraft & Diablo II, meaning I am super super super excited for DIII, finally. I love Zelda games enough that I will buy whatever new Nintendo platform comes out that requires them. I am also getting more and more passionate about exercise and eating well, because I'm not getting any younger, dammit. (I did work in IT for 12 years before getting laid off, which is why I'm now a college student again. ;)

I rolled a tauren prot warrior with tailoring, because I wanted a giant plate-clad cow on a flying carpet. That might also tell you all you need to know.

Please describe your previous/current raiding experience.:
I've essentially been a hardcore 10m raider while being a fairly casual 25m raider for my whole career, until Cata's lockout changes which made that impossible. I raided as a holy pally through Brutallus in Sunwell, then changed to my shadow priest on day 2 of LK. Our guild never quite got it together enough or cared for hard/heroic modes the majority of the time in 25man, which is why those of us that wanted to be hardcore ran our 10s on the side. Lots of people stopped playing in Cata, so we went down to 10s, and we only really have done much work on heroics in Firelands.

Why are you leaving your current guild (if applicable?):
My Alliance priest is just in a little leveling guild, after the friend that I rolled on the server with moved his main back to Firetree (H), which where all my Horde toons are (aka the majority of them). I would love to find her a home, and you guys are a lot of fun when I run with you, so I just want to be a friends-and-family somewhere that I can have happy green text while contributing to the guild XP cap. I really enjoy having a priest on each side so I can run around with whoever and feel useful. :D

Do you have an off-spec? How good is your off-spec gear, and are you willing to play it if needed?:
I've been leveling this one as Disc for dungeons with the occasional Shadow OS/questing, I'm tempted to keep her this way as my healing is REALLY RUSTY and I feel bad that I'm not really useful outside of a 5man or a normal mode raid. (All through LK and Cata, most of my friends were healers, I hardly EVER had to go OS.)

What is your favourite raid encounter so far in Cataclysm? Why do you like it? What is your least favourite, and why do you dislike it?:
Hmmm. I tend to enjoy something where I get to do Fun Priest Tricks, barring that I enjoyed Blackwing Descent, because Nefarian is a smartass in /y and Maloriak is just funny, plus the fights were mostly somewhat novel (Atramedes' sound mechanic, the 20% chaos of Chimaeron). And hey, sibling necromancy.

Least-favorite? Heroic Ryolith was exhausting. The incoming damage was ridiculous and our melee tend to fall asleep at the wheel or autopilot.

What do you think is the greatest strength of your class/spec? What do you think is its greatest weakness?:
I adore the way Shadow plays. I love my fiend, I love dotdotdotdotting everything for giant numbers, I love soaking/Dispersion tanking when mechanics allow. It amuses me greatly to be a clothie that can take hits that would kill the best-geared tanks - at least, for a few clutch seconds (Algalon, Heroic Madness, etc). Everything about my class just feels right. I love Disc healing as well, because I can pewpew in order to heal everyone up, and that keeps my inner DPS happy.

Why are you interested in joining Business Time?:
Because you guys are fun when I've raided with you, and if I'm going to be a 95% casual player, I want to play somewhere that's comfortable.

Do you have Mumble installed and a working microphone? (Business Time is no longer using Vent):
Yes

Please provide a link to a recent combat log. If you have not been raiding recently enough to have access to such a log, even a one or two boss run of Baradin Hold is fine.:
I don't have one, because I haven't raided in what feels like forever.

Is there anything else you'd like to add not covered by the previous questions?:
I'm happy to fill in if my free evenings coincide with your need of warm bodies, because I will always be a hardcore raider at heart, but now that I'm moving on to my junior year (University time, not just community college! Yikes!) my classes are going from easymode to really having to devote myself to it full time. That said, I'm also really stoked to finally be doing this school thing for real, so I'm pretty at peace with my forced casual status. I do play a lot on the weekends if the workload allows, I will probably stuff your guild bank with herbs, because I REALLY LIKE picking flowers. Yeah, I don't get it either.

I also apparently write novels for guild apps when I'm just apping to be a friend rank. I'm sorry!

If you were a vanity pet, what would you be (and why)? Your application hinges on this very critical question.:
The Creepy Crate, because you might not know quite what to make of me, but you keep me around anyway. *prance*

Application Availability Info:
Sunday -> 3x a Month
Monday -> Don't Know
Tuesday -> 1x a Month
Wednesday -> 1x a Month
Thursday -> 3x a Month
Friday -> Always
Saturday -> Always
Millya
Guild Leader
Wears Business Socks

re: APPROVED - App: Kohbae - by Vosskah

Hey Kohbae, I just wanted to thank you for your application. You'll have to give us a bit to discuss it and we'll be getting back to you!
Millya
Guild Leader
Wears Business Socks

Hey! So after some discussion, we'd be happy to take you on board as a social member of BT. We don't need a Mumble interview as we've already met you. The only thing I should mention (as we usually talk about it in the interview) is our trial period, about 2-3 weeks just to make sure we're a good fit for each other. Just so you are aware of that, you're welcome to transfer over at your leisure! Voss and I will be out this evening so we won't be there to welcome you if you arrive within the next few hours, though. Any raiding member can invite you to the guild. We'll see you soon! =)
Tassager
Wears Business Socks

Hai! Welcome! Etc, etc! See you in game!!
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Business Time Forum Index -> Applications All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum