Level : 85
Faction : Horde
Race : Orc
Class : Shaman
Spec 1 : Resto
Spec 2 : Elemental

WoW Armory
WoW Heroes

Tell us a bit about yourself (the person, not the character.) What hobbies do you have outside of WoW? What other games do you like to play, if any? What else are you passionate about?:
Now I get to wonder about how big this box is. I am married with three cats. I enjoy writing and role playing, both of which I do in WoW as well as Star Wars:The Old Republic. I'm a fantastic writer, but I think I am pretty good and I really enjoy role playing. Aside from ToR, I also play StarCraft, Diablo, Heroes of Might and Magic and League of Legends.

Please describe your previous/current raiding experience.:
In prior expansions, I was an officer and then a leader of a non guild 25 man raid called The Anvil on Feathermoon. I started out late in Vanilla as a mage with them, became an officer in Burning Crusade and eventually took over leadership in Wrath. While I was the technical leader, the officer core functioned as a group of equals. When Cataclysm came around, just I and the guy who was my effective co-leader were interested in leading. So we dissolved the Anvil.

Now I lead a very casual group of raiders. We struggle with performance. They're a good bunch of people, but they are not the best raiders. It's both rewarding and frustrating at times. I also co-lead a similar group on the Alliance side. (You can ask @noxilite or @officergleason from twitter, they are the co-leads in question)

My Shaman was part of a ten man raid that did reasonably well in Wrath, though there was some difficulties. We managed to complete all of T11 all right, but Firelands was a struggle and Dragon Soul has been an experiment with banging my head against a wall. I have to fight to two heal most of the fights, because the other main healer (a resto druid) fights me. What used to be a group willing to talk about problems has become a frustrating lack of conversation.

Why are you leaving your current guild (if applicable?):
As I mentioned above, lately it has become a matter of banging my head against the wall. We have had people in the raid announce "I can't take this anymore" and drop raid, ending our raid time early.

Last week, our raid leader announced that he wanted to recruit outside of our usual circle of friends. And he wanted to add an extra day of raiding to vet the recruits. The only problem is that there was no way for me to meet the required times. If we could not meet the times he was going to replace us.

It seems that very few people could meet the times. So there is now talk of raiding with another group on Feathermoon, but they start at a time, I just can't be home in time for.

Do you have an off-spec? How good is your off-spec gear, and are you willing to play it if needed?:
I have an off spec, but the gear could use some work. I haven't had to use it recently. But it shouldn't take too long to get it geared up.

I do not mind playing elemental. I just am out of practice

What is your favourite raid encounter so far in Cataclysm? Why do you like it? What is your least favourite, and why do you dislike it?:
I do not think I have a favorite. I have enjoyed a lot of the encounters. Maybe Alys in Firelands. It's awfully fun to be able to run around and constantly cast heals. It has led to the occasional oops of running through lava worms, though.

My least favorite was Al-Akir, because it was just so hard for some people. I put up with more gripping from the raid just trying to get through that fight.

What do you think is the greatest strength of your class/spec? What do you think is its greatest weakness?:
Shaman have a good balance of AoE and single target heals. We do fairly well at both.

The biggest weakness is that since we're fairly good at both, we're not the best at either. Shaman AoE heals are not that effective if the raid is too spread out. I think our single target healing is amazing though

Why are you interested in joining Business Time?:
Well, I mentioned that my raiding group on my shaman has had issues. And I've spent some time tweeting with @_Vidyala and it is not the first time I've considered applying.

Do you have Mumble installed and a working microphone? (Business Time is no longer using Vent):
Yes

Please provide a link to a recent combat log. If you have not been raiding recently enough to have access to such a log, even a one or two boss run of Baradin Hold is fine.:
http://worldoflogs.com/reports/3bhy24gam3keb0xe

Is there anything else you'd like to add not covered by the previous questions?:
Not a whole lot of other things I can think of. I haven't applied to a guild in years. It does seem strange to do so now, but it is also a chance to spread my wings a little

If you were a vanity pet, what would you be (and why)? Your application hinges on this very critical question.:
I have to pick one vanity pet. man, you guys are tough. a moonkin hatchling. So I could be fluffy, covered in feathers and look cute doing the chicken dance!

Application Availability Info:
Sunday -> Always
Monday -> Always
Tuesday -> Always
Wednesday -> Don't Know
Thursday -> Always
Friday -> Never
Saturday -> Don't Know
Itanya_Blade
Officer
Wears Business Socks

re: Additional Info

I did not even attempt raiding on the shaman until late in Wrath. You can look at

Dorritow
Tarelyn
Thenliath
Corspilla

For other toons that I have raided on, though only Dorritow and Tarelyn currently have permanent raids. (And I just geared Dorri for healing last month after one of our healers left for ToR)
Tassager
Wears Business Socks

re: APPROVED - App: Itanya_Blade - by Vosskah

Hiya, Ghirrl!

So, question... How much are you looking to raid? What's the expectation there?

Second question... what race would you be alliance-side?
Itanya_Blade
Officer
Wears Business Socks

re: Raiding times and Race Choices

I am not looking to raid a lot, I will be honest. I have two days of raiding already and there will likely be a third day for TOR raiding in a month or so.

I've usually raiding five to six days in my WoW career, but that has been spread out over a number of toons. My husband goes to school at night, so I found that having organized things to do in the evenings keeps me from watching the horror that is reality television.

As for what race, I have something of a quandary there. I've never been happy with squid lore, though I have rolled a few of them, they have never gone very far. Plus I do not type well with Russian accent. (These things are important for an RPer)

I'm not all that good typing with a Scottish brogue either, but dwarves do like to drink. So, I am leaning heavily towards a dwarf.
Tassager
Wears Business Socks

re: Re: Raiding times and Race Choices

Itanya_Blade wrote:
squid

/glee

Itanya_Blade wrote:
I'm not all that good typing with a Scottish brogue either, but dwarves do like to drink. So, I am leaning heavily towards a dwarf.

Bear approves. What's your drink of choice?
Itanya_Blade
Officer
Wears Business Socks

re: Re: Raiding times and Race Choices

Tassager wrote:
Itanya_Blade wrote:
squid

/glee

You can them something else? (Millya's going to burn me!)

Tassager wrote:
Itanya_Blade wrote:

Bear approves. What's your drink of choice?

I'm a coke and SoCo girl. Though I will drink just about anything, if there is no other choice.
Itanya_Blade
Officer
Wears Business Socks

Man, I gotta learn to send these replies off to someone else before I hit post.

I am so good at skipping words.
Millya
Guild Leader
Wears Business Socks

We call them the NOBLE DRAENEI and anyone who calls them otherwise risks my fiery wroth!
Itanya_Blade
Officer
Wears Business Socks

It's an odd switch having someone else threaten to light me on fire
Shaen
Officer
Wears Business Socks

She is very wrothy.

Millya
Guild Leader
Wears Business Socks

I just wanted to say wroth, really.
Carlctrl
Raider
Wears Business Socks

Quote:
I just wanted to say wroth, really.

Draenei accent no doubt...

Itanya, based on your knowing about Millya's wroth, I'm guessing you already know her?

Another HoMM fan (I guess it's MMH now)! I've loved that franchise for years. Which is your favorite of the games? (this is totally relevant to your application (j/k))

Itanya_Blade
Officer
Wears Business Socks

I've followed her blog for at least a year now and I have talked to her through twitter now and again. I think I started reading it because of Bubbles talking about whelps on head. (So much so that I might make references to it often, to people who have no idea what the hell I am talking about. Don't worry. they are used to it) So I am acquainted with her, but I am not sure I would go so far and say that i know her.

The best heroes game is still three, no real challenge there. I have three through six on the desktop, but three still gets the most play.
Meraxiss
Wears Business Socks

I have one extremely important question, what tier token has dropped the most for your DS raids.
Itanya_Blade
Officer
Wears Business Socks

Protector. The three of us using that token were quite grateful. Since both T11 and T12 tokens hated us.
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Business Time Forum Index -> Applications All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum