View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
GrimhelmBT

re: APPROVED - App: Grimcrush - by Millya

Fsob wrote:
Grimcrush wrote:
How about that Season 2 Mid Season Finale? Shane is hardcore. He does what needs to be done. Many people hate him. But if the Zombie Apocalypse happens... I'm rolling with Shane.

And I am going with classic Ruy Lopez 1. ... e5

Shane does something ballsy? tongue out
I'm on an extended vacation of sorts and have been waiting until I get back home to watch the rest of Walking Dead. At least that's what I've been telling myself. We'll see if I can actually wait that long.

Ruy Lopez works for me. Nf3

Nc6 Happy

[quote="Tassager"] Good to get your app, Grim! My question to you... is what race would you be alliance-side? (We're not particularly concerned with absolute min-maxing with racials, so don't worry, it's not a loaded question. Hell, our current tanks are a Draenei and a Worgen.) [/img]

Undecided. Leaning towards a Worgen for the 1% crit which would help in both the threat department and primarily DPS OS. Plus, they do look nice. My other choice is Dwarf.. because well, they are dwarfly. And ride Rams. And drink beer. Rams and beer is a good choice. Shiner Bock anyone?

Rius Aldregan wrote:
Shane is a wimp who absolutely cannot do what has to be done, only what he thinks has to be done. I loved the way he went about making his point, it made for some great TV, but in the end he was revealed to be a hypocrite and Rick had to take care of business.

No way! Don't want to spoil it for anyone, but Shane presented options. No one wanted to make a decision, so he made it for them. Shane rules. Rick wants to appease everyone and in a end of the world scenerio- you will never make everyone happy. Although, in the end, Rick was the one who finalized things.

Speaking of entertaining mediums- anyone here read Game of Thrones? I just finished the first book and it was phenomenal. Wanting to watch the first season of the HBO show now.
Vosskah
Officer
Wears Business Socks

I've read all the Game of Thrones books and right now I'm just hoping that Martin doesn't pull a Jordan and just ends his serie!

The first book is the best imo. The serie is also very well done.

OK - not to be the serious one , because that's not my style, but let's go back to the application.

Couple of questions for Grim - not that there are no wrong answers here. I'm asking them on the forums, because the odds are decent that I won't be able to participate in the voice interview.

Grim - have you had an opportunity to run the LFR at all? If not, why?

I see you have Alchemy and Blacksmithing - why did you choose those two professions?

If you could pick any single upgrade available in the game - which would it be, and why?

Who are your three favorite Presidents and/or world leaders of all time?

Lorne Greene or Edward James Olmos? Please not that this question is in place of the standard Kirk or Picard, since you mentioned BSG.

Finally, how much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?

Please ensure your responses are properly formatted in the APA style, that you cite at least three references per response, and that each response is less than 10,000 words. I'll leave it up to you to decide which of these questions are actually relevant to raiding with BT.

Wears Business Socks

Game of Thrones is great. Insert standard "I liked it before it was cool" catchphrase.

Also, you should be a dwarf. This guild has some serious fucking Dwarf shortages, I tell you what. I need a drinking buddy for post-raid celebrations.
Adgamorix
Wears Business Socks

Game of Thrones was terrible. While the original book(s) were decent, and I LOVE a book that kills off characters, I felt like it just grew too big. Instead of focusing on one or two main plots, it was all over the place. I think the last one I read was Feast of Crows (or whatever it was - came out in 2008 I think) and I was pretty disappointed.

Never saw the HBO series, so maybe that was decent.

Anyway, quit derailing the subject (also, NElf with 1% dodge is great).

Grimcrush wrote:
Fsob wrote:
Grimcrush wrote:
How about that Season 2 Mid Season Finale? Shane is hardcore. He does what needs to be done. Many people hate him. But if the Zombie Apocalypse happens... I'm rolling with Shane.

And I am going with classic Ruy Lopez 1. ... e5

Shane does something ballsy? tongue out
I'm on an extended vacation of sorts and have been waiting until I get back home to watch the rest of Walking Dead. At least that's what I've been telling myself. We'll see if I can actually wait that long.

Ruy Lopez works for me. Nf3

Nc6 Happy

Bb5 wink

Grimcrush wrote:
Speaking of entertaining mediums- anyone here read Game of Thrones? I just finished the first book and it was phenomenal. Wanting to watch the first season of the HBO show now.

I actually read the series after it being recommended by some of the avid readers in Business Time. Absolutely great fantasy series!

The TV show wasn't as good as the books (they never are ) but it was quite good in its own way. I'd suggest giving it a try.

Do you read much other fantasy/science fiction?

Adgamorix wrote:
OK - not to be the serious one , because that's not my style, but let's go back to the application.

Couple of questions for Grim - not that there are no wrong answers here. I'm asking them on the forums, because the odds are decent that I won't be able to participate in the voice interview.

Grim - have you had an opportunity to run the LFR at all? If not, why?

I see you have Alchemy and Blacksmithing - why did you choose those two professions?

If you could pick any single upgrade available in the game - which would it be, and why?

Who are your three favorite Presidents and/or world leaders of all time?

Lorne Greene or Edward James Olmos? Please not that this question is in place of the standard Kirk or Picard, since you mentioned BSG.

Finally, how much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?

Please ensure your responses are properly formatted in the APA style, that you cite at least three references per response, and that each response is less than 10,000 words. I'll leave it up to you to decide which of these questions are actually relevant to raiding with BT.

1) Have you had the opportunity to run LFR? If not, why?
Two answers for this question. The first is that the select friends I have that play (2 - married couple) are not raiders at all. They like to level alts so I spend most of my time running one of their many alts through heroics gearing them up. For what, who knows. To look pretty? . And secondly, I guess I am a bit intimidated by the idea of doing raid content I have never seen with 24 people I have never met. I have run into some monstrosities of people in LFD (anonymity of internet + keyboard = ______ ) so I can only imagine how that is grown on a larger scale. I have also read that LFR content is very watered down. I guess I don't want to learn fights/mechanics that simply are done differently on N or H mode and have false expectations.

2) Why did you choose Alchemy and Blacksmithing?
I chose Alchemy for two reasons. One, I wanted the entry level tanking trinket that provided a decent amount of Stamina and Mastery. I did get Viel of Lies to drop for me in Hour of Twilight however it is a pure stamina trinket- this isn't WOTLK. We don't stack Stamina anymore. I saved it away for another day when I need the Stamina. Two, Mixology is fantastic. Extended flask time and potency is great. It is cheaper to make your own flasks obviously and that is how I fund my character by making flasks for the AH Happy Plus, maybe one day, I can turn into a dragon ha. I chose Blacksmithing for the simple reason of more sockets for gems. It is very flexible and can help meet stat needs.

3) If I could pick any single upgrade in the game, what would it be and why?
It would have to be Soul Drinker. It is pretty easy to get CTC capped with gear as of 4.3 (so I read), so this weapon is great once you are CTC. Remember how I said I like to keep healers stress-free? This helps with the healing ability on it.

4) Who are your 3 fav Presidents/World Leaders of all time?
A) Winston Churchill. Lead a nation in a dark time and succeeded.
B) George Washington. Lead a rebel military force against an oppressive tyrannical form of government.
C) Dwight D. Eisenhower. Great military general and President. Thank him for the interstate you love!

5) Lorne Greene or Edward James Olmos?
EJO without a doubt. His representation of Adama is amazing hands down.

6) How much wood could a wood chuck chuck if a wood chuck could chuck wood?
The answer is 42.

Adgamorix wrote:
Anyway, quit derailing the subject (also, NElf with 1% dodge is great).

True, the dodge is nice up to a point. Once you reach CTC of 102.5%, it doesn't factor in anymore. While you will get there sooner with the extra avoidance which frees up that space to start gearing for Stam, etc, it is now something that doesn't give you any leg up. From what I read, CTC isn't hard to reach with gear in 4.3 however. So that 1% to Crit would be the most beneficial because it will still effect both tanking and my DPS OS. Just my opinion.

Also, I am not sure I can see myself rolling a NE. Just sayin. ;)
Adgamorix
Wears Business Socks

Thanks for the quick answers Grim. Makes me smile more than a little on the inside.

Grimcrush wrote:

5) Lorne Greene or Edward James Olmos?
EJO without a doubt. His representation of Adama is amazing hands down.

Got that right.
Millya
Guild Leader
Wears Business Socks

Adgamorix wrote:
Thanks for the quick answers Grim. Makes me smile more than a little on the inside.

Mostly because he doesn't smile on the outside. I'm sure of it!

Grim, we'd like a chance to speak with you in Mumble. Some folks have proposed tonight before our raid as a possible time. Do you have any restrictions on your availability? (If tonight, it'd be at probably 5 PST).
GrimhelmBT

5 PST would be great for me tonight.
Adgamorix
Wears Business Socks

I smiled once Vid. It was at my wedding, and that's only because the sun was in my eyes and it was really a grimace that was misinterpreted.

Sorry Grim I misread your exchange with Millya earlier. I thought it was agreed that 5 PST would work, but I see now that we didn't really confirm that time. If you're still reading this in the next 15 min, 5 PST will work for us. We'll see you then. If not let's try for tomorrow.

GrimhelmBT

I'm good to go tonight Happy
GrimhelmBT

Also, I may be doing this wrong but.. when I try to connect to your server in Mumble, it is asking me for a guest password. I was not given this therefore I can't connect right now
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Business Time Forum Index -> Applications All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum