Level : 85
Faction : Horde
Race : Blood Elf
Class : Priest
Spec 1 : Discipline
Spec 2 : Discipline

WoW Armory
WoW Heroes

Tell us a bit about yourself (the person, not the character.) What hobbies do you have outside of WoW? What other games do you like to play, if any? What else are you passionate about?:
Hello =) My name is Christina, though most call me Cina. I am 30 years old and originally from Madison, WI although these days I currently reside in the Saint Louis, MO area. After 11 years out on my own, I have moved back into the family nest to save money while I am pursuing my online education through the University of Phoenix. Being a college student for the first time at 30, is a bit of a strange experience, but one well worth the effort. My intended major is Computer Networking. I love taking computers apart and playing around inside them, this past summer I built my very first computer! Once a month my mom and I participate in a real life writers "guild" or meet up, where we get to meet with other area writers, and discuss our craft. I haven't published much beyond a poem in years, but I still consider myself a writer, just on one really really long writers block ;). I have a crazy all black half Siamese cat named Madge, who thinks she owns me! I am recently split up with my last long term boyfriend and am just getting use to being single again. Yay life changes! =) I am not much of a computer gamer outside of wow, as Wow was my first real MMO though I have dabbled with a little bit of Diablo 2 and the free version of Lord of The Rings Online. I purchased the year long wow sub, so am looking forward to giving Diablo 3 a try.

Please describe your previous/current raiding experience.:
In BC, I mained a different priest who was alliance (Lipstick was rolled around the time Uld was released in wrath) which no longer exists. I raided through Kara, Mags, Gruul's, ZA and we were just starting to work on void reaver in TK and Lurker in SSC when Wrath came out. I stayed with that guild through all of Naxx, Maly, OS, and the first few bosses in Uld, before I decided to give the Horde a try.

I didn't raid Uld very much when it was current content as a result, but I did raid through TOGC achieving, (a tribute to mad skill) which is now a feat of strength, and 9/12 HM in both 10 and 25 prior to the end of Wrath. I took a long hiatus from the game from about june/july until when Cata launched due to RL issues (was relocated to Saint Louis, MO getting my life in order). I took it easy for a bit on raiding when tier 11 content was released as I was just getting settled in my new city, and wasn't quite ready to plunge headlong into HM raiding again. I downed all normal tier 11 content however while current in a 10m raiding guild, and have achieved 4/7 HM progression in Firelands. I joined my present guild when they were 2/7 HM pre-nerf, and downed H shannox with them my first week as trial, but shortly after me passing trial they decided to swell our ranks to a 25m guild, this had limited success (19 manning heroic shannox ftw), but as we couldn't sustain or maintain a full 25 man roster, and our GM felt that nerfed HM's were not a challenge, we weren't able to focus on this for a few months. At some point our GM decided to drop back down to 10's and kicked half our roster. With a 10m roster we downed 4/7HM the first week (3 of those hm's were new to us) and things looked optimistic. We hit a wall on heroic beth, as trying to two heal with a holy pally/disc priest with low dps wasn't happening. Our GM decided to move on to greener pastures. Since that time we have struggled to rebuild our roster but have had limited success, and as a result my friend and I are applying to your guild in hopes of joining a more establish, stable 10m guild with HM progression in mind.

Why are you leaving your current guild (if applicable?):
I explained some of this in my raiding experience response, but the long and the short of it is that Shadow Council as a server doesn't have very great raid progression as a whole. The few really solid members are scattered to a variety of guilds. Between this, and our former GM kind of leaving us high in dry after causing a rift between us and our former guildees, it has become unbearable on our current server (not fun any more), and there are limited options for us to raid elsewhere, together. We have tried to keep our small guild going (I am currently the GM and my friend who is apping is an officer) but after our former GM left a lot of the wind in people's sails has kind of gone out. We're having trouble motivating people to sign up for raids, research boss strats for demon soul, etc. The hardest part about raiding shouldn't be fighting your own members to participate and be an active part of your guild. All I want to do at the end of the day, is heal my little in game heart out, with a guild which shares my same values (HM progression which isn't a the expense of RL), and kill internet dragons in the process. For me gear is just icing on the cake, beyond a certain point it just servers to increase the size of people's epeen on wow-heroes, and no longer serves a large, discernible difference. In the end, I raid for the challenge, and the enjoyment I get from playing with people I like playing with. Leaving shadow council will be a difficult adjustment as I have played 95% of my time in game in the last four years on shadow council, but it feels time to find a new home.

Do you have an off-spec? How good is your off-spec gear, and are you willing to play it if needed?:
I run with a double disc build at present. On some fights favoring talents which increase mana regen (lowers cd on my shadow fiend), while placing a stronger emphasis on shields, on others favoring the OP nature of an Arch Angel build, and using it to help increase dps on adds, while building stacks for AOE phases (Lord Rhy, Heroic Alys).

I have a few 378 off spec pieces itemized for dps in my bags and enough valor/justice to purchase several pieces of shadow gear if I am so inclined. Although DPS has never and probably will never be my long term bag. I love healing, and it's my "calling" in game. At present, my dps hovers around 10-14k on dummies when practicing and isn't what I would consider worthy of Off-Spec.

On off raid days I dabble with a disc pvp build, and have lately been respecing/reforging for holy and running troll heroics to get use to holy mechanics for healing, and keybindings/mouse bindings (I use a combination of cliques + keybindings with mouse over macros when I heal). I've managed to heal them successfully several times, so am confident if I had to pick this up as an off spec I could learn to master it, though at present I am much stronger as disc.

I guess the point I am making is that DPS isn't for me, but I do spend time when I can working on off specs if I feel it will benefit me, or my raid team.

What is your favourite raid encounter so far in Cataclysm? Why do you like it? What is your least favourite, and why do you dislike it?:
My favorite at present is probably the normal mode rag fight. The first time I 2 healed that fight, I felt like a boss. Of course now I have much better gear that fight is cake, but it was a well designed encounter and required a lot from every player.

The other fight I love to hate is heroic baleroc. Every tier has a healer check, and heroic bale was ours. I've only downed him once, and due to guild issues have yet to be able to work on him again, but the time we spent on him, with my current guild -- even post nerf, required such precise play from everybody, that it felt very epic when he dropped. Any fight which really forced me to manage not only a careful watch on my tank cd's but my mana cool downs, throughput cool downs, and my ability to coordinate with my healing partner in such a way to allow the boss die .. has my approval. Playing that on top of everything all the time, for every fight, would probably lose it's luster -- as it would become routine and being that "on" on every fight, would be mentally exhausting, but this fight in specific forced me to think outside the box, reforge my gear a few diff times until I found the sweet spot and the frustration of many wipes, and the determination to persevere -- was strong. For that reason, I really loved this fight.

What do you think is the greatest strength of your class/spec? What do you think is its greatest weakness?:
10 mans are a bit of a different animal than 25's, as such all healers are called upon to fill multiple roles. Disc's strength, is the utility it brings through it's major cool downs, from power word barrier, to the tank saving pain suppression. It's capable of buffing a dps, through power infusion (though it's typically saved for the healer), and can help restore the raid's mana or health through intelligent use of it's hymns.

It offers a unique damage to heal mechanic through arch angel/atonement, which allows disc to shine in heavy aoe or single target damage moments with a boost to their healing output by 15%.

Shielding, while no longer relegated to the bubble spam of the past, remains a vital part of the disc tree, by allowing tank healers to artificially offer a buffer to the tanks health before any damage can take place, increase the haste of the next cast spell, to bring someone's health up in a hurry, while at the same time increasing the crit strike chance of several of our main spells.

It's liabilities remain it's lack of true smart AOE ability such as chain heal, or circle of healing. Most of the times this can be easily overcome by a little adjusting of party members in raids to get the best use of prayer of healing, and require less casting of the spell (in most of my raids I've often just had the RL toss me assist and he's allowed me to arrange groups how I want).

The other real strength of the priest class in general is we're unique in our ability to be the only real class which has 2 powerful healing options open to us. If a resto shaman is parsing badly on some fights, he can't simply respec to a diff type of resto shaman to be successful, but a disc priest who struggles can respec holy, or a holy priest can respec disc. In a 10 man guild, being able to weigh raid cd's such as lightwell vs barrier, etc increases overall options for it's healer core.

Why are you interested in joining Business Time?:
Well for starters, you guys are in need of both a tank and healer at present, which would allow for my favorite tank and I to stay together. We've been raiding together for a long while, and when you get in sync as a healer with your tank -- you hate losing that relationship, as us being able to communicate can often spell the difference between succcess and failure.

Next, I have to admit that I am incredibly impressed with you all. Not to blow smoke up anyone's ass but I've been to a LOT of guild's boards, and I almost ALWAYS browse through their applications, both approved and denied as it often gives me a window into the type of players those raiders are. Guilds who are too elitist, rude, inconsiderate or terrible to applicants number a great deal higher than you can imagine, and it always leaves me feeling like, if they are going to be that rude to those they don't want, how rude are they going to be to me, when things go wrong in a raid. When I read through your guys apps, even the ones you guys declined you guys were friendly, professional and just in general good people. It frankly knocked my socks off. =)

Next I am impressed with how long you guys have been together, as the past few months have been so rocky on my server and in my guild, with so much back and forth, and changing direction in mid-stream that your guys stability and loyalty to one another feels like an oasis in the middle of a Desert.

It also impressed me that people in other guilds popped into your recruitment post to say what great guys (and gals) you all are. Reputation goes a long way in this game.

So those are the things which attract me to your guild (that and your mage with his naked staff post made me laugh!).

Those were the non traditional reasons for being attracted to your guild. The more traditional reasons are you guys raid when I can raid, you guys can use my class, and from what little I know about you guys, I feel like both our goals and our philosophies mesh well.

Beyond that I am simply a solid healer and feel I could be an asset to your guys guild.

Do you have Mumble installed and a working microphone? (Business Time is no longer using Vent):
Yes

Please provide a link to a recent combat log. If you have not been raiding recently enough to have access to such a log, even a one or two boss run of Baradin Hold is fine.:
http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/zqlcexc6pc53n0jg/ (hardmodes) http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/zoxxbtjzzytapgyx/ (normal modes)

Is there anything else you'd like to add not covered by the previous questions?:
Wow Heroes Profile, for quick and dirty gear + progression info

http://www.wow-heroes.com/character/us/Shadow%20Council/lipstick/

Existing ranks listed on wow-heroes (from world of logs):

Valiona&Theralion (35, 10m), Halfus Wyrmbreaker (52, 10m), Argaloth (101, 25m), Twilight Ascendant Council (101, 10m), Argaloth (125, 10m), Majordomo (139, 10m), Lord Rhyolith (187, 25m).

When tier 11 content was current, I achieved the following rankings on world of logs for 10man normal mode:

Chimaeron (31), Magmaw (45), Cho'gall (85), Halfus (92), Maloriak(117), Valiona & Theralion (122), Argaloth (145).

I don't really have a lot to add at the moment, simply thank you for your time and consideration. I realize you have to review myself and glad's applications separately, but as we are looking to raid together if you accept one, but not the other we are likely to try to find another guild are our goal to raid together is one of our "deal breakers" before transferring to another guild/server.

If you were a vanity pet, what would you be (and why)? Your application hinges on this very critical question.:
Existing Vanity Pet? Giant Sewer Rat, hands down. He's not as flashy as some of his glowy or pretty counterparts, but he's smart enough to keep looking around him (he clearly wouldn't stand in the fire), he's someone that most wouldn't be grateful to see in real life, but that doesn't deter him from being friendly, and cause any rat which can convince some turtles to do their bidding is my hero!

Application Availability Info:
Sunday -> Don't Know
Monday -> Always
Tuesday -> Always
Wednesday -> Always
Thursday -> Always
Friday -> Always
Saturday -> Don't Know
Vosskah
Officer
Wears Business Socks

re: DECLINED - App: PinkLipstick - by Carlctrl

Hi Lipstick, thank you for your application to Business Time. My apologies for taking some time before acknowledging your application, I was busy reading it. wink

Please allow us to discuss your application and we'll get back to you quickly.

I thought of one thing I forgot/didn't see asked! For A screen shot of my UI.

Forum Image

This is about as close to current as I have. The empty space on the right is filled by Ora3's cool down tracker with timers, which lets me knows when someone's brez is on cd etc.

And no worries at all about the reading, I tend to be pretty verbose on applications / talkative in general, though I tend to be pretty quiet in raids unless required to speak. I just figured the more info you all had about us/me the better.
Vosskah
Officer
Wears Business Socks

Hah, no worries about the length of the app. I was just telling Millya, our GL, that your app is the first one to challenge hers in length.

I completely agree that a longer application, especially a well written one is a very good selling point for anyone wanting to join BT.

There is one question that I feel compelled to ask, and before I do I must preface the question with the fact that in all my time playing WoW, I have played with women that would consistently trump me on damage, and (efficiently) out-heal me. I have also played with women whom after the fifth wipe in a row would go "Oopsie, was that me in the fire again? Sowwy! ^_^"

My question is: What are your feelings toward the seemingly pervasive belief among many "top-tier" guilds that women cannot raid?

Wears Business Socks

Um, Z, you want to give an experienced woman raider who has already shown that she can be verbose, an open door the size of the panama canal like this? I feel an tsunami sized wall of text coming...

p.s. Feel free to answer this in any length you'd like Cina. I wouldn't blame you for avoiding it altogether either....

p.p.s Today's ocean analogy day!!

Zierlyn
Raider
Wears Business Socks

Carlctrl wrote:
Um, Z, you want to give an experienced woman raider who has already shown that she can be verbose, an open door the size of the panama canal like this? I feel an tsunami sized wall of text coming...

Heck yes. I've got the night off tonight and need something to help pass the time! =)

Wears Business Socks

I feel it's worth mentioning (in the wake of this question, get it, WAKE, ocean joke) that the guild leader IS a woman and that there is no discrimination in BT on the basis of gender. Or if anyone ever attempts it, I murder them roundly. With fire.

So you may answer that question if you like, but if you are uncomfortable with it, it's far from mandatory and certainly not something that would have come up in an interview. Think of it as indulging Z's idle curiosity if you choose to. Or tell him to take a hike. ;)
Zierlyn
Raider
Wears Business Socks

Haha! I'm so getting demoted for this. XD
Fsob
Wears Business Socks

re: Re: App: PinkLipstick

PinkLipstick wrote:
that and your mage with his naked staff post made me laugh!

My wow career is complete! *pumps fist*

On a more serious note, I'm sorry to hear about the guild troubles you'll have gone through. Dick-ish guild leaders/members make me sad.

Wears Business Socks

Millya wrote:
I feel it's worth mentioning (in the wake of this question, get it, WAKE, ocean joke) that the guild leader IS a woman and that there is no discrimination in BT on the basis of gender. Or if anyone ever attempts it, I murder them roundly. With fire.

So you may answer that question if you like, but if you are uncomfortable with it, it's far from mandatory and certainly not something that would have come up in an interview. Think of it as indulging Z's idle curiosity if you choose to. Or tell him to take a hike. ;)

Liar, I recall a certain conversation where you said Mrs Mer could not join because she is taller than you. No bias my foot. Now I know your going to say, "But Mer she would never play, she forgets that plugging the laptop into the wall is a necessary step in the charging process." To which I would reply, true enough, but I feel compelled to recall this incident of heightism.

By the way Cinna, great app.
Carlctrl
Raider
Wears Business Socks

Christina, thanks again for the application. We'd love a chance to chat with you in Mumble about your application.

Are you free over the next few days? I realize this is short notice but Tuesday (11/28) being patch day would be a perfect day for us if it works for you. Starting at 5 server (PST) or later if you need. If that doesn't work, let us know when would work for you.

PinkLipstick

Sorry about the long delay in response after lurking on my app for a few hours ;) but I was called away by RL stuff and wasn't able to answer the question Z posed the way I wanted to in that short period of time.

1. I have had the misfortune of raiding with a woman who spoke in a high pitched, "flirty" baby talk voice, ad nauseum whenever a male came on vent. Moving from fires was difficult for her, as was just about every other aspect of the game she pawned off on various unsuspecting male members of the guild. Since she talked in a normal voice the rest of the time, she definitely pulled that steve urkel woman's equivalent of "did I do that..." it drove me nuts!!

2. When I obtained 9/12 HM in my ICC raiding days I raided in a 25 man raiding guild with 9 active woman raiders. We had our own girl talk channel where we switched the topic to tampons and the like any time a guy tried to enter our channel. It was good times.

3. In general being a girl who plays wow has always had it's ups and downs for me. From unwanted male attention, to the normal personality conflicts players have in general with one another at times dissolving into "cattiness" it's always been a double edged sword for me. I've met every kind of girl gamer there is from really amazing solid dps/heals whose fun to hang around, to the jealous if you so much as say "hi" in guild chat to a guy she considers "hers" turn your friends in game against you kind of drama-monger. So while I understand why there are stereotypes I've always hated them and always tried to defy them.

At the end of the day I feel like people should treat me no different than my male counterparts, which is to say judge me on my skill and appreciate me as a person/player without my gender being an issue. I have no issues with other female gamers and I genuinely enjoy playing with them.

For guilds who exclude woman, on the idea they are nothing but drama, bad players etc -- I sort of pity them. They rule out a lot of really awesome people/players from their rosters by believing that.
PinkLipstick

As for mumble, I am more or less available whenever to chat with you all. I am fairly new to mumble (though my current guild uses it), but I think I can try to figure out how to set up a 2nd login for it.

Five PST = 7pm CST correct? (I am in central time zone, wanting to make sure I am understanding the time difference correctly)
Vosskah
Officer
Wears Business Socks

Christina, since we're trying to do three interviews in the same evening, would you mind being interviewed at 6pm server (8cst)? We're hoping to have Glad around 7pm server. Since you come together, we'd like to keep your two interviews back to back.

We're looking forward to chatting with you.

Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum