Level : 85
Faction : Alliance
Race : Worgen
Class : Warlock
Spec 1 : Affliction
Spec 2 : Demonology

WoW Armory
WoW Heroes

Tell us a bit about yourself (the person, not the character.) What hobbies do you have outside of WoW? What other games do you like to play, if any? What else are you passionate about?:
Well, I am 28 years old and for hobbies I spend a lot of time in the gym and with my girlfriend. I used to be in the Air Force for 5 years, and this past March I separated in hoping to join homeland security. Other games I play are rift when I have time, and that is just with some real life friends here and there. Other than that I am currently working on getting my masters degree.

Please describe your previous/current raiding experience.:
I have been playing this game since Vanilla. Current raid experience is 5/7 heroic on my warlock while getting to 2% on baleroc heroic. On my paladin which is a tank is currently 2/7 heroic. Seems nowadays people need dps rather than tanks. So, what can you do.

Why are you leaving your current guild (if applicable?):
I am tired of the 25 man raiding atmosphere. I am looking for a close knit group of 10 or more raiding minded wow addicts as myself that enjoy the game, and want to have fun.

Do you have an off-spec? How good is your off-spec gear, and are you willing to play it if needed?:
My offspec is demonolgy for my lock, but since 4.3 is coming out I will most likely go destruction as my main spec and demo as an offspec. My paladin's main spec is prot, and ret as his second. I can go healing if needed but the issue is I don't have the gear for healing as of right now. I healed all of the Lich King expansion and was able to obtain the legendary mace, so healing would not be an issue if I was asked to go that direction.

What is your favourite raid encounter so far in Cataclysm? Why do you like it? What is your least favourite, and why do you dislike it?:
Honestly, my favorite raid encounter would be heroic maloriak as a tank because you actually have to do something there. Otherwise, all encounters are just stay out of fire and use cooldowns properly. As a warlock I really enjoy ryolith due to the insane amount of dps that you can do as demo to all of the adds. Now, the least favorite would be beth'tilac due to the little exploding bastards that deal a ton of damage. They are not my friends.

What do you think is the greatest strength of your class/spec? What do you think is its greatest weakness?:
Locks are great for sustained dps, but lack the burst that mages currently have until the mob is below 25% then drain soul is great. The greatest weakness of the lock is the ability to maintain high dps and is very gear dependant. For example, an affliction lock needs a lot of haste to keep up dps, but if you do not have the gear it will be hard to pull the numbers that are needed. In terms of paladin tanks, they are OP in my opinion and I love it. The amount of cooldowns and the ability to hit block capped based upon your mastery is phenomenal. In terms of weaknesses you might be a little low on the hp scaled compared to blood dk's or bear tanks.

Why are you interested in joining Business Time?:
As I stated earlier I am looking for a close knit group that is family oriented and like minded wow fanatics such as myself. This guild seems great in that aspect and looking forward to my trial if I am offered such a sweet deal.

Do you have Mumble installed and a working microphone? (Business Time is no longer using Vent):
No

Please provide a link to a recent combat log. If you have not been raiding recently enough to have access to such a log, even a one or two boss run of Baradin Hold is fine.:
I do not have a log as of right now.

Is there anything else you'd like to add not covered by the previous questions?:
Talked to an officer in your guild today and was pleased with the responses. So, I do not have any further questions as of right now.

If you were a vanity pet, what would you be (and why)? Your application hinges on this very critical question.:
I like snowmen!! Bring on the snow! They are plump, round, and always in a good mood.

Application Availability Info:
Sunday -> Always
Monday -> Always
Tuesday -> Always
Wednesday -> Always
Thursday -> Always
Friday -> 2x a Month
Saturday -> 2x a Month
Millya
Guild Leader
Wears Business Socks

re: APPROVED - App: jdamar - by Carlctrl

Hey and thanks for your application. Can you provide us with the names/servers of your paladin and warlock? I think Moonrunner was entered mistakenly (that happens a lot) and we'd like to have a look at both of them!

Please give us some time to discuss your application, during which we may have some questions for you here, so do check back! Thanks.
jdamar

Holysmoly on Eitrigg
Slyman on Eitrigg
Millya
Guild Leader
Wears Business Socks

I found the warlock: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/eitrigg/Holysmoly/simple

Does "Slyman" have an unusual character in it? There's a level 4 hunter on Eitrigg with that name.
jdamar

HAHAHHAHAH totally screwed up the name....

Unhittable is my paladin's name. Sorry
jdamar

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/eitrigg/Unhittable/simple
Meraxiss
Wears Business Socks

Maloriak........./shudder.

Do you have a preference for which character you would like to play? And because you mentioned you work out how much do you bench? NOTE: this is a highly important question, because if it's more than I can do my delicate ego will require that I derail this thread!

Last edited by Meraxiss on 2011/11/28 17:47; edited 1 time in total
jdamar

I am completely open to play whatever character is needed. The needs of the guild outweigh the needs of an individual. I have always played by that saying, so whatever you need just let me know.
Adgamorix
Wears Business Socks

Epic dodge on the "how much can you bench" part.

Quote:
Epic dodge on the "how much can you bench" part.

Yes, it appears he is avoidance capped... har har.

jdamar

My max on bench has been 395, and deadlift is 505......hopefully this does not derail this app
Tassager
Wears Business Socks

Haha. So dead in the water. No way Mer can bench that.
Zierlyn
Raider
Wears Business Socks

Those numbers make me think there must be a garbage can full of broken keyboards out in the garage. /snicker

Wears Business Socks

Zierlyn, there's no way he can type any harder than Millya.

LOL keyboards no...... It has taken me years to get those numbers
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Business Time Forum Index -> Applications All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum