Level : 85
Faction : Alliance
Race : Draenei
Class : Paladin
Spec 1 : Holy
Spec 2 : Ret

WoW Armory
WoW Heroes

Tell us a bit about yourself (the person, not the character.) What hobbies do you have outside of WoW? What other games do you like to play, if any? What else are you passionate about?:
I'm a 26 year old dude who works at a bar on the weekends (Fri & Sat). I don't actually play any other game aside from WoW, but when I'm not running errands or playing the game, I tend to swim a lot at the recreation center, or go for a nice run. I'm not a health junky, but there is a bit of a calmness to it. Every now and then I'll have a couple of drinks with some friends but the whole party hardcore scene is not my 'cup o' tea'.

Please describe your previous/current raiding experience.:
I am unfortunately a Wrath baby, my first real raid experience was ICC. My experience as a raider lacked any real Hard Modes so I joined a casual guild (Vindico) to start off. ICC 25m, we went 8/12HM eventually and prepared for the new expansion. Unfortunately, our guild disbanded midway through our normal modes t11 with a 9/12 clear. (Thank you Rift for that =/!) So I tried the pug route and eventually started looking for a stable guild group to continue with my raiding. I joined a promising group for Firelands progression (Multa Nocte) and moved to Moonrunner. There we cleared 2/7HM (Shannox/Domo) and after the nerfs eventually finished 6/7HM by Sept. 30th.

Why are you leaving your current guild (if applicable?):
My current guild is giving off the signs of instability. Lack of attendance, motivation, and any eagerness to complete this tiers content gave me some concerns on what Dragon Soul would be like. I also am not sure I agree with a 5-day schedule in comparison to our efforts. I would at least like to "try" getting to p4 Ragnaros before Dragon Soul hits, just to be in a group that actually would "want" to try would suffice with me in the long run. Keyword: want.

Do you have an off-spec? How good is your off-spec gear, and are you willing to play it if needed?:
My off-spec is Retribution and the gear is actually just as optimal as my Holy set (holy: 384 and ret: 383). I have actually grown a substantial interest in melee dps and enjoy the times I get to go off-spec for fights like Majordomo HM. Retribution might be my new love, don't tell Holy though!

What is your favourite raid encounter so far in Cataclysm? Why do you like it? What is your least favourite, and why do you dislike it?:
My favorite is Alysrazor (HM). I tend to like encounters that require movement including dodging bad things. The tornadoes is my favorite part =). My least favorite so far is Baleroc (HM). Don't get me wrong, it's an intense healing encounter but standing pretty much 99% of the encounter if not the whole time...is pretty much a drag.

What do you think is the greatest strength of your class/spec? What do you think is its greatest weakness?:
The greatest strength for Holy Paladins is the toolbox we get to work with along with the output we are given. Our ability to provide so much output to keep not only our tanks alive but even have more than enough to support the raid is a reason why holy paladins are not bottom in popularity. And don't listen to what anyone says about our lack in AoE heals, 4.3 I think will set us in stone as a very reliable raid heals. In my opinion though, our weakness is the range requirement for our current AoE heals situation. I see this the most during fights that require us to spread out and I can't run around to give everyone Holy Radiance ticks.
As a Retribution Paladin, our strength has got to be not only that we have the same toolbox (for the most part) as Holy, but we can utilize some of the strongest cooldowns to our rotation and not only that, but those cooldowns have very generous timers. But, with that said of course, our weakness would be the reliance on those said cooldowns. Our rotation is too reliant on RNG to live without 'em.

Why are you interested in joining Business Time?:
In all honesty, stability. You seem to have had a decent ride so far throughout the tiers and you know what you want out of the game (ex: you stick with 10mans even through ICC). Not to mention your schedule is something I agree with and puts a foundation to prove to not only raiders but yourselves that 3days/3hours is more than enough if you get right down to business minus the slacking off.

Do you have Mumble installed and a working microphone? (Business Time is no longer using Vent):
Yes

Please provide a link to a recent combat log. If you have not been raiding recently enough to have access to such a log, even a one or two boss run of Baradin Hold is fine.:
http://www.worldoflogs.com/guilds/164533/

Is there anything else you'd like to add not covered by the previous questions?:
Actually I think I covered most of it, if something comes to mind I can bring it with me to the mumble interview (granted, if things go well). Almost forgot, as far as attendance goes...I'm scheduled to work next Wednesday and Thursday (11/23 to 11/24) because they expect a big rush at the bar for Thanksgiving and all. Aside from that I don't expect schedule conflicts. Also, off the subject...I really like how Fsob is a Frost Mage (PvE) and enjoying what he plays. Bravo on that.

Almost forgot, you didn't ask for a Screenshot but I'll give one anyway: http://i1218.photobucket.com/albums/dd415/rawbutto/WoWScrnShot_111611_192248.jpg

If you were a vanity pet, what would you be (and why)? Your application hinges on this very critical question.:
Singing Sunflower! Not only is it my favorite pet, but I had the most fun earning it. If that isn't enough, the fact that I get to sing all the time without a worry in the world is just fantastic. Don't forget I'd be the cutest thing!

Application Availability Info:
Sunday -> Always
Monday -> Always
Tuesday -> Always
Wednesday -> Always
Thursday -> Always
Friday -> Never
Saturday -> Never
Millya
Guild Leader
Wears Business Socks

re: DECLINED - App: Sparko1 - by Vosskah

Hi Spark, and thanks for your interest in Business Time. We'll be looking at your application and may have some questions for you here in the meantime, so if you could check back, that'd be excellent.

Only a slight side note - in the interests of full disclosure - roster shift and scheduling has made it pretty difficult for BT to push H Rag prior to the patch - it's not to say we have no interest in doing it (many members ARE interested) but it's not something we expect to achieve before 4.3, unfortunately.

Secondly, as you are a fellow Moonrunner (...ite? ian?), is Multa Nocte aware that you're looking elsewhere? If I spoke with them to ask about you, would it cause great drama?

Thirdly, I've never seen this before but your armory shows you with a fishing pole and chef's hat equipped even though you aren't actually wearing them. Would you be able to log out in your holy gear so we can take a look at it? Thanks!
Sparko1

I figured it would be a stretch to attempt HM Rag whipes, but just the fact that you would want to seems intriguing. Even if 4.3 is already released. Second, Failure my class lead is aware but my GM Warnpeace is not given that he hasn't logged on in over 2 weeks. As far as Redfangz, I mentioned it to him once but the response wasn't good. I think he would not give kindness. And I already logged out a few seconds ago in Holy, sorry I had logged out last night with my chef hat =P.
Shaen
Officer
Wears Business Socks

OMG, Volcanospike? Who in their right mind* would use Volcanospike as a holy paladin?? Heavens!

*hint: our guild leader

Sparko1

It's not exactly a downgrade if you are comparing it to Rags one-hander unless you need the spirit. I don't have issues going OOM so I went with throughput. Also, the other drops aren't too kind with RNG.
Shaen
Officer
Wears Business Socks

Oh, I know. Prior to the armor specializations, I had to take many cloth and leather spell pieces just to stay competitive. And yes, we've not once seen that mythical spell axe drop from Firelands. I just like to jump at the chance to make fun of people for things that aren't important in any way.

Sparko1

Oh...man you bully! I was all retrieving the numbers to show it wasn't loco to equip this 'til HM Rag or Eye of Purification (391)! /relief
Tassager
Wears Business Socks

Another spacegoat? Oh jeeze.

Millya
Guild Leader
Wears Business Socks

Haha. You didn't read the fine print! I used Volcanospike on my H Pally all through Firelands. So much spellpower, int, and haste could not be ignored!
Sparko1

Spacegoats are people too!! But the moment paladins can be gnome..pfft...I'll be the first in line! And I glanced at the asterisk but was tunnel visioned by Shaen making fun of me =( and technically you too! Time out for Shaen.
Tassager
Wears Business Socks

omg.

Gnome love?

Sold.
Millya
Guild Leader
Wears Business Socks

We'd like to talk with you further in Mumble, Spark. Is there any time this weekend when you're available?
Sparko1

Just got back from work, I actually work Saturday afternoon and then all night so that leaves Sunday. Sunday I'm free to schedule a Mumble interview. Will that be a possibility?
Carlctrl
Raider
Wears Business Socks

Would you be free Sunday evening at 5 server time (PST)?

Rhius
Rius Aldregan
Wears Business Socks

Spaaaaaceeeeeee Goats.

In Space.
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Business Time Forum Index -> Applications All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum