Level : 85
Faction : Alliance
Race : Dwarf
Class : Paladin
Spec 1 : Holy
Spec 2 : Holy

WoW Armory
WoW Heroes

Tell us a bit about yourself (the person, not the character.) What hobbies do you have outside of WoW? What other games do you like to play, if any? What else are you passionate about?:
Not too interesting anymore really.....I used to play alot of Soccer but got one two many concussions so I can't play contact sports anymore which is why I turned to wow for my competition, working with a team, etc. fix. I really don't play any other games but love doing arena when I'm not raiding.

Please describe your previous/current raiding experience.:
Started raiding in BC on a warlock, raiding to Hyjal, I was the lock class lead then
Switched to Paladin (this toon) and raided through Wrath through Uldar
- Had a ton of free time on my hands then so I was a 5 day a week raider on a server first guild, I then transferred to a US Top 100 guild which broke up about 3 months after I joined, read what you want into that. To top it off the guild was called business time, on a different server though.
Took a break until about 4 months before Cata came out, I geared up my prot war (http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/silvermoon/Bukits/advanced) and joined my present guild. We raided through ICC (Meta Achievement done). We were 5/13 HM in 4.1 and are 6/7 HM in 4.2 with the meta done as well.

Why are you leaving your current guild (if applicable?):
I've have been with my current guild (Squared Away 6/7HM on Silvermoon) for almost 2 years now and have just recently been named the Guild Master as the former GM had to step aside. We have had a ton of turnover and it looks like the new people we have aren't willing to push progression like we used to plus I don't have a burning desire to run a guild so I'm thinking about trying a new server with a guild who's goals are closer to my own

Do you have an off-spec? How good is your off-spec gear, and are you willing to play it if needed?:
This toon is relatviely new so no ret off spec currently, I use it for my arena heals spec. I have raided as ret briefly in the past and would be happy to do up an solid offspec.

What is your favourite raid encounter so far in Cataclysm? Why do you like it? What is your least favourite, and why do you dislike it?:
For some reason I liked the Heroic Putricide encounter, I got to do the abomb and liked the mechanics of the fight. Really don't like the Baelrock (GateKeeper) fight, again as a tank, because I pretty much just sit there and pop my trinkets at the right time

What do you think is the greatest strength of your class/spec? What do you think is its greatest weakness?:
Holy Paladins have always put out a ton of direct heals and we have some great tools now. We can keep a tank up in almost any situation and many of or heals or instant cast now if we roll a rotation properly. We have additional AOE healing tools that make it better but we have always struggled with dealing with consistent, widespread group damage

Why are you interested in joining Business Time?:
Looking for a change and you looked to be at the same level of progression as my former main was. My pally is under geared but I'm confident I could step in and help out because of my experience on a pally and knowledge of the fights

Do you have Mumble installed and a working microphone? (Business Time is no longer using Vent):
Yes

Please provide a link to a recent combat log. If you have not been raiding recently enough to have access to such a log, even a one or two boss run of Baradin Hold is fine.:
http://www.worldoflogs.com/guilds/90532/

Is there anything else you'd like to add not covered by the previous questions?:
Happy to head over to your mumble server for an interview. I'm basically looking for a guild to take a chance on a bit under geared healer. I know I will be a good contributor with 100% attendance, I'll always be prepared (food, flask, pots, watch videos, etc.) and I have no problem taking criticism if it makes me better.

I am available pretty much all weekend, and any night after say 6 PST but can't commit more than 3 nights a week. I work a 9-5 Monday to Friday job.

If you were a vanity pet, what would you be (and why)? Your application hinges on this very critical question.:
A small tiny invisible one because I'm not a fan of vanity pets

Application Availability Info:
Sunday -> Always
Monday -> Always
Tuesday -> Always
Wednesday -> Always
Thursday -> Always
Friday -> Always
Saturday -> Always
Vosskah
Officer
Wears Business Socks

re: DECLINED - App: Bukits - by Carlctrl

Hey Bukits, thanks for your app. We'll discuss it internally and will get back to you soon.

Now I know there are two questions that will be asked:
1. Is there a specific reason why you want to switch from your warrior to your paladin?
2. Do you also have a world of logs that would show your paladin in action, even if it was a Baradin Hold?
3. Obviously, you're aware that your gear is behind (most of our group has gear similar to your warrior's) can you please tell us what is your plan to gear up?

Hi,

Switching from War to Paladin
- It honestly came from me not having the success in Arena with War that I wanted so I decided to dust off the pally as I had done well with him in arenas in the past. With everything that happened with the guild recently, and me liking the changes with Holy Paladin I decided to try something new. It's also a great time to make a switch in my opinion as we have 4.3 coming up so closing the gear gap shouldn't be too hard.
I do still like my war and would be happy to tank if you require that. If I would transfer over I would also bring my war as well and could keep him raid ready as my 'offspec' if that works for you.

Logs
I will try to get you some logs of the pally either today (Friday) or this weekend

Gearing Up
I've been working pretty hard at it the last couple of weeks so there aren't alot more pre-raid upgrades I can get:
Main Hand - Lightforged Hammer thing (ilevel 365)
- gonna grid out the orbs on my war (BS) and should have this shortly

Boots - Emberforged Elementium Boots (ilevel 378)
- I have either the cash or all the mats, just don't have the pattern (we didn't get it to drop). Hopefully it shows in AH soon and I will pick it up

Valor Points - Chest, Legs, Ring, Hands - ilevel 378
- Obviously will be capping these on a weekly basis

The only other source for me outside of raids would be the firelands dailies. I will start working on these (ilevel 365 gear) but I don't really know if I can get them done prior to 4.3. If I was sitting on the sidelines during one of your raids right now I would be grinding these out in my free time.

Let me know if you have any other questions, I will be around today and on the weekend. Hopefully I should have some updates for you in particular a log showing what I can do
Meraxiss
Wears Business Socks

Hey Bukits/Plait, just want to give some feedback to see if your still following your app. You mentioned a lack of success in arena on your warrior, what was the issue you were having there and why the swap to a paladin?
Carlctrl
Raider
Wears Business Socks

Bukits,
We'd like to do an interview with you in Mumble. Will you be available at all tomorrow (11/23) or Friday?

We'd still like to see some Pally logs if you've had a chance to create those.

Bukits

Hi sorry for the delayed response. I've started a new job that has me coming home an hour later so unfortunately your raid time will not work out for me. Best of luck going forward and thanks for your time.
Zierlyn
Raider
Wears Business Socks

Congratulations on the new job! That's always exciting. It's a shame that it conflicts with our raid times, though.

Take care and thank you for your interest!

Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum