Post new topic   Reply to topic    Business Time Forum Index -> Mods, configs, tinkering of our UIs
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Tassager
Wears Business Socks

re: Let's see your UI...

Here's a current shot of mine with a good chunk of my auras lit up.

Forum Image

Always amazing to me how we're all playing the same game... but each of our setups look so completely different. I always like looking at other UI's for ideas.

Posting this screenshot, I already see one thing I want to change for sure. Likely find more next time I look at it, too.

Anybody know how I can make the "ability is not ready yet" text go away? Is there an addon for that?
Rhius
Rius Aldregan
Wears Business Socks

If you add this line to the end of a macro, it'll clear any red text error messages on your screen.

/script UIErrorsFrame:Clear()

As for UI screenshots...

Forum Image

Sorry for wall of incoming text!

I used a HUD-style UI back when I played three years ago but this time around I decided it was just too clunky. I also haven't had a need for power/weak auras yet.

Above the chatbox on the left, in ascending order, are my player window (minus focus bar), pet window, focus and focus target. Above the raid bars on the right is just my target, with target's debuffs stacking on top.

The action bar setup on the bottom has 36 keybinds, which is pretty much every key within easy reach of the numpad (which my right hand rests on), as well as several buttons on my mouse (including a modifier to double nearly every key/button up). Most of the powers in the half-shaded vertical bars are unbound, but they're not important.

The two vertical sets of 5 buttons on either side of the center are my flexible bars, I put stuff that I need at the current time there to be clicked on. you can see Stoneform, Tol'Vir potions, my battle standard, my loot-a-rang, cloak, bandages, etc etc. I have a macro that simply switches between aspects of the Hawk and Fox; if I ever need Cheetah or Nature (hardly ever, nowadays) then they're manually clicked on those bars.

The empty space on the right side of the bottom is where my tooltips appear, . Haven't found a lightweight mod to move the tooltip that doesn't break a hundred other things. Damage meters appears above that empty space when I open it.

The low-alpha orange bar above the keybinds is JS' Hunter Bar which has since been upgraded to Serenity. That's a focus bar, with Hunter's Mark indicator on the right, CC timers on the left, a "current aspect" indicator down and to the left above the Hearthstone, a "target is enraged indicator" above the center-right 5 button bar and a "target has magic buffs" indicator above the center-left 5 button bar. If the target does have buffs, the icons for them appear inbetween those two bars.

Serenity tracks my durations of hunter buffs (like rapid fire and improved stead shot) and debuffs (like serpent sting), as well as my cooldowns (for Chimaera Shot and Rapid Fire, etc); these all show up as icons hugging the top or bottom edge of the focus bar. Makes it really easy to plan the next 3-4 GCDs ahead.

DBM timers start on the right below the minimap and travel to the middle of the screen above the focus bar when they're about to go off.

This setup keeps the top half of my screen clear, letting me enjoy the fights, and it keeps the need-to-know information roughly in the center and center-bottom of the screen.
Noodlestein

I would post mine but, well all one needs to do is look at the video of magmaw and you'll know :P

Fsob
Wears Business Socks

Forum Image
Wanted to wait until I could get one in a raid while in combat. (click on it for a full size view)

Wears Business Socks

It looks like Voss was dead in that screenshot. Poor Voss.
Tassager
Wears Business Socks

Oh no! Voss, are you okay?
Shaen
Officer
Wears Business Socks

He's used to it since it happens so often.

Vosskah
Officer
Wears Business Socks

I DID NOT DIE ON THAT FIGHT!

According to the Kübler-Ross model of coping with dying the first stage of DABDA is denial, followed by anger. Judging from your use of capital letters I'd say you're hitting both right now. I curious to see what kind of bargaining you'll be using when you reach the third stage.

Wears Business Socks

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-a6jyvuv415jypquf/deaths/?s=5146&e=5528

I knew it! Voss is a homicidal, female robot!

Thracks
Raider
Wears Business Socks

My current UI:

The empty space to the right holds grid, target of target and vehicle frames.

Forum Image

Wears Business Socks

My new ui. More pics in the pvp section. Completely forgot to take a ss during the raid.

Forum Image

Forum Image

Still got a few minor changes to make. MSBT hasn't been configured yet, and PitBull boss frames aren't showing up.

It's gonna take a little while to get used to; once I do, it'll be awesome!

Wears Business Socks

Here's a fairly recent screenshot of mine.

It's a huge screen so I want to make sure that most of the info is close to the centre. I also realized looking at it that commanding shout/fortitude was down for this fight.

Forum Image

Last edited by Vosskah on 2011/09/18 18:17; edited 4 times in total

Page 1 of 4

Jump to: