Level : 85
Faction : Horde
Race : Blood Elf
Class : Priest
Spec 1 : Shadow
Spec 2 : Discipline

WoW Armory
WoW Heroes

Tell us a bit about yourself (the person, not the character.) What hobbies do you have outside of WoW? What other games do you like to play, if any? What else are you passionate about?:
I'm an IT professional by day. My hobbies include gaming (shocking) and anything surrounding automotive enthusiasm (especially racing). I currently play BFBC2 online as well as assorted Xbox 360 and PS3 games.

Please describe your previous/current raiding experience.:
My raiding experience dates back as far as MC. I've been playing WoW since beta and have raided all content with the exclusion of Sunwell (the guild I was in was not 'there'). I've run a rogue through 95% of that content except when I switched over to warrior tanking to fit the guild needs and when I ran my spriest through 25 man WotLK content. My most recent raiding experience is with a 10 man guild named Team Intensity on Stormscale. Our group has been together for several years and evolved through several iterations of 40, 25 and 10 man rosters. We've cleared all content up to the current tier. More on that in the next section.

Why are you leaving your current guild (if applicable?):
We took a break for about 6 weeks before Firelands due to some life occurrences and not wanting to try to backfill the roster (we were a 10 member 10M guild). We reconvened for Firelands and raided for 2 weeks but some folks weren't feeling it and we decided en masse that our merry band was done.

Do you have an off-spec? How good is your off-spec gear, and are you willing to play it if needed?:
My spriest has a disc offspec, some gear is shared between both specs though it wouldn't take long to put together a serious specialized set.

What is your favourite raid encounter so far in Cataclysm? Why do you like it? What is your least favourite, and why do you dislike it?:
I'll speak to these from the rogue perspective as that is what I played.
Heroic Theralion/Valiona was a thrill for me because it shoved me out of my comfort zone having me in the unfamiliar territory of a raid subtlety spec.

My least favorite was probably H Chimaeron because of RNG frequently causing an instant wipe 15 seconds into the fight, though I did enjoy watching our ret pally tank it Happy

What do you think is the greatest strength of your class/spec? What do you think is its greatest weakness?:
Back to spriest: The greatest strength to me is the flexibility. Being somewhat DoT based I have the benefit of mobility without suffering total DPS loss. Also having the ability to toss out a PW:S on someone who may not be in the healers range or on myself gives an edge to survivability when managed correctly.

The weakness... squishiness. One false step or moment of DPS tunnel vision is likely to result in a view from floor level.

Why are you interested in joining Business Time?:
A friend and long time Team Intensity guild mate informed me that you were recruiting and I'd like to continue raiding WoW 10M content regardless of the class/spec played. That said, I do enjoy my shadow priest almost as much as my rogue ;)

Do you have Mumble installed and a working microphone? (Business Time is no longer using Vent):
Yes

Please provide a link to a recent combat log. If you have not been raiding recently enough to have access to such a log, even a one or two boss run of Baradin Hold is fine.:
www.ifonlyIhadonethatwasn'tarogueorwehadBaradinHold.com

Is there anything else you'd like to add not covered by the previous questions?:
My character is currently Annapuma, horde on Stormscale. Transferring is not an issue and would be done as fast as the process allows pending interest in my application.

If you were a vanity pet, what would you be (and why)? Your application hinges on this very critical question.:
I'm already in the game, what could possibly be cooler than a Rocket Chicken??

Application Availability Info:
Sunday -> Don't Know
Monday -> Always
Tuesday -> Always
Wednesday -> Always
Thursday -> Always
Friday -> Never
Saturday -> Don't Know

Wears Business Socks

re: APPROVED - App: Unipuma - by Serepha

Hey Puma (taking a guess as to how you like to be called here),

Thanks for your app. We'll just take a day or so to discuss it and we'll get back to you as soon as possible. Since we may have some questions for you in the meantime, please keep an eye on this thread.

Quote:
10 mans are kinda glorified heroics, not really raids.

/gasp

Explain yourself!
Adgamorix
Wears Business Socks

Not to defend him, but this was a line given to us when we were raiding on Bladefist I think - maybe The Scryers. We were nabbing server firsts left and right, and someone from a 25m guild put this on our thread in the server forums. Kind of became a running joke after that.

Adgamorix is exactly right. Someone actually posted that on the realm forums in response to us getting several server firsts, including the Lich King kill to open the statue in Dalaran. I adopted it as a sort of mockery to his insult. In truth I believe 10 mans require more attentive players and a higher skill set to compete, but that's a whole other topic.

Any questions are welcomed, I apologize if the application seems a bit light. I wanted to get something posted quickly and can happily elaborate on any section except the combat log . I'm running dungeons on the priest now, maybe I can get a quick Baradin in later!

Guest Post Rules are In Effect for this Post
Thracks
Raider
Wears Business Socks

Logging in before posting helps... or perhaps the anonymity intrigued me...

Wears Business Socks

We'd like a chance to speak with you further in Mumble. Do you think you might be available sometime over the next few days? I'm thinking pretty much Tuesday would be the best day, as tonight is a raid and it can be a bit rushed if we try to do it beforehand, and it's too late after. Just let us know and we'll figure something out!
Vosskah
Officer
Wears Business Socks

... Actually, Millya, you and I have plans for tomorrow night and I don't know when we'll be back home. We will have to do the interview before a raid.

Tonight would be very short notice so would wednesday work at 5pm pacific?

I'll be available tonight and Wednesday, whatever your preference.

Wears Business Socks

Barring a reply in the next few minutes I'll plan on Wednesday as mentioned

Wears Business Socks

Yeah, sorry. That pesky thing called work got in the way of my posting. Happy

Ok, let's aim for wednesday.

Are we on for this evening?

Wears Business Socks

Not sure if Voss will see this before time... So, I'll fill in!

Yes, we're on for this evening. We raid at 6:00pm Pacific, so we're looking to do the interview at 5:00pm Pacific. So... in like 90 minutes.

You can just log on with an alt and get any of us for Mumble info.

Looking forward to speaking with you!
Thracks
Raider
Wears Business Socks

will do, thanks!

Wears Business Socks

Thanks for meeting with us in Mumble Unipuma. After discussing your interview we would like to extend you a trial invitation to Business Time!
Since you've stated a greater desire to play your rogue, we would be happy to have you bring him over as your main. While a shadow priest would have been a slightly better class fit, we'd much rather you play the class your both love and have the most experience with.

Once you're server transferred, just /w any of us for a /ginvite. Welcome!

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Business Time Forum Index -> Applications All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum