Level : 85
Faction : Horde
Race : Orc
Class : Warlock
Spec 1 : Demonology
Spec 2 : Affliction

WoW Armory
WoW Heroes

Tell us a bit about yourself (the person, not the character.) What hobbies do you have outside of WoW? What other games do you like to play, if any? What else are you passionate about?:
First, it seems there is a time limit on the application process. I went to bed while writing my first one, and it appears the internet ate it. Hopefully I can capture the highlights and key points here.

I am a 35 (ok, fine, 34 and 5/6!) year old IT manager at a decent sized engineering firm. I'm recently (happily) married, to someone that I love (isn't that part of the criteria?), have completed a half-Ironman, and am training for a full Ironman race (2.2 mi swim, 112 mi bike, 26.2 mi run). I'm in the process of finishing up my bachelors degree, a process I started almost 20 years ago (I was taking college classes in High School - it's a long but decent story), and I just finished putting down Pergo laminate floors in 80% of my house.

When I'm not playing WoW, I occasionally work on my SC2 ladder rankings (I'm not very good), provide ammo and healing to my squad in Battlefield BC2 (my squad is all old guild members), and I'm anxiously awaiting the release of Space Marine. I love Warhammer 40k, and this game looks amazing.

Also, I have a built in raid wipe mechanism called a "Cat". My computer desk has undergone some serious modification to prevent any more accidental jumping on the power switch, though occasionally she does decide that she wants to help by running across the keyboard. Nothing like casting Divine Intervention (pre-Cata) on your MT to cause some chaos.

Please describe your previous/current raiding experience.:
I have been raiding for about six years now if you take out the time for breaks and when I wasn't in a raid guild. I cut my teeth on Onyxia and Molten Core first as a rogue, then as our guild's MT when we had some serious attrittion. I started raid leading, and brought us to HuHu in AQ40 before the launch of BC, having sucessfully cleared all of MC and BWL. We were behind, but we had a good time.

In BC I stopped raiding after getting to 4/5 in Mt. Hyjal, and hitting the wall that was Gorefiend in BT. While I went back and cleaned them up, I had to take a break from WoW. I couldn't find a guild that met my raiding timelines, and that I particularly enjoyed being in. Unless you're going for world/server firsts, having a guild of players that you honestly enjoy being online with is far more important than grinding out new bosses.

In Wrath 10 of us got together during Naxx and created a 10m guild that did push for server firsts, and got them on everything but Yogg+1 and Algalon. This was the same 10m group I went into Cataclysm with, but due to the launch times, and the fact that over the years our lives have changed drastically, we've since disbanded (see below).

In Cata we went 6/13 Heroic T11, and 4/7 T12 before finally calling it quits.

While the vast majority of my progression raiding has been as a tank or healer, I've also raided as ranged DPS, and did a lot of melee DPS as a warrior or Ret Paladin. I'm no stranger to dishing out the hurt, and I think my time as a healer and tank gives me a better idea of how to avoid doing those things that drive your tank and healers crazy.

Why are you leaving your current guild (if applicable?):
Team Intensity has recently disbanded, as our 10m guild had only 10 raiders in it. Real life has changed many of our priorities in the game, and after seven years of playing, it just got old for some folks. If you're not having fun, there's no sense being here and doing this. Life is too short for that. So, I find myself without a raid guild, sitting on a PvP server that I'm ready to move off of, and looking at the opportunity to do something I wanted to do from Week 1 in Cata - play my Warlock full time.

Do you have an off-spec? How good is your off-spec gear, and are you willing to play it if needed?:
Becuase of the haste priority for Affliction vs Mastery for Demonology, MS vs OS gear is similar but reforged differently. As long as you maintain the minimum haste caps for the extra DoT ticks however, you're at least moving in the right direction. In the event that a fight significantly favors one spec over the other, it's not a huge issue to reforge gear as necessary.

What is your favourite raid encounter so far in Cataclysm? Why do you like it? What is your least favourite, and why do you dislike it?:
I would have to say my favorite raid encounter, so far, in Cataclysm is Alysrazor. There are adds, burn phases, flying through the air a la Starfox (Do a barrell roll!), and adds. It's a decent fight.

My least favorite would be Al'akir. It's always amazing how great players suddenly become impaired by 3D space. Very frustrating.

What do you think is the greatest strength of your class/spec? What do you think is its greatest weakness?:
I love Demonology, and the Warlock class in general, becuase of the sheer number of things to do. Keep DoTs and debuffs up, manage your pet, don't forget to lifetap for mana. I love that I have a demon for most any situation, and I have enough self healing to provide the bit of cover and stress releif for the healers.

The greatest weakness of the Warlock is probably the fact that the class is nothing but raw DPS. You have a CC with the right Demon, can OT with another, but you can't fill any other role besides DPS. Fortunately ranged seems to be favored in Cata, so there is that.

Why are you interested in joining Business Time?:
After Vidalya contacted me, and told me that my idea of joining BT wasn't in fact that crazy, I realized that Bt had all the things I'm looking for. Progression without sacrificing player time (you can miss a day and the guild doesn't stop). Raid times are great. Server is PvE. I'd get to play my Warlock. The list isn't infinite, but it is pretty long.

Finally, when someone reaches out to you like Vidalya did, that really says a lot about the character of a guild.

Do you have Mumble installed and a working microphone? (Business Time is no longer using Vent):
Yes

Please provide a link to a recent combat log. If you have not been raiding recently enough to have access to such a log, even a one or two boss run of Baradin Hold is fine.:
Unfortunately my raid experience is limited to a BH I ran yesterday, and forgot to grab the log. I'll try and get one as soon as I can.

Is there anything else you'd like to add not covered by the previous questions?:
Here's a screenshot of my UI (on a training dummy).
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/840/wowscrnshot071611225327.jpg/

Here's a video of me and said training dummy, plus his buddy, keeping DoTs up on both. Sorry, there's no music.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jbXm6dKllXU&feature=youtube_gdata

Finally, I'd like to thank the leadership of BT for even considering my application. I know that I'm not raid ready, but I have a list of things that have to happen (and in what order) to become so.

1) Pick up a crafting profession, probably Alchemy. All of the crafting professions (except Tailoring) provide approx 80 of one stat (generally INT). Herbalism provides 80 haste instead, but also allows me to support my own potion/flask needs.

2) Run a lot of heroics. I have some key reps (i.e. Therazane) that need raising, and I have a lot of blue gear that needs upgrading. This is a matter of being 85 for more than a day though (where I am now), and will come fairly quickly.

3) Finish enchanting/gemming my gear. I've already put a lot of money into my existing gear to be ZA/ZG ready, now I just need to make that final push.

If you were a vanity pet, what would you be (and why)? Your application hinges on this very critical question.:
If it weren't for the loss of vanity text, I would be the Captured Firefly. We're still flying, and that's enough (not the exact quote I know).

I love SC2, but Grunty is a murloc, and really SC2 pets shouldn't be in WoW.

So my final answer, after calling a friend, is the panda cub. It's powerful (we attribute several guild firsts to the Panada - it has mystical sleeping powers), occasionally needs a nap, and is from the Vanilla days - just like me.

Application Availability Info:
Sunday -> 1x a Month
Monday -> Always
Tuesday -> 2x a Month
Wednesday -> Always
Thursday -> Always
Friday -> 2x a Month
Saturday -> 1x a Month

re: Re: App: Adgamorix

As a ui fanatic (I've got to have it just the way I want it) I really like the way yours is set up. Did you do the whole thing yourself?

Also, I've got a quick warlock question if ya don't mind. I'm currently leveling one as Demo (level 51 atm) and was wondering if I ever get anything better then Soul Fire or Searing Pain to use Soulburn with. And if not, which of those is the better choice?

Wears Business Socks

re: APPROVED - App: Adgamorix - by Vosskah

Congrats on wrapping up the degree! What are you pursuing your degree in? How exciting.

How long have you "known" Vid?
Adgamorix
Wears Business Socks

It really depends on what you call "better". For Demo, burning a soulburn can give you a second instant rez on your demon, which can help in some situations. Searing pain is good for drain tanking, since it will help secure agro. Using it with your Healthstone also gives you the 20% HP increase, so it could save your butt a few times. For day to day use though, Soulburn is best for Soulfire - as Demo. This changes if you're Affliction or Destro.

My UI is SpartanUI with Grid and Carbonite added. I have Carbonite for questing, also because it has the Punk finder, which alerts me when someone flagged for PvP is in my area. Saved me a few times. I like having my CDs and major buttons in the big box on the right - sort of a poor mans "tell me when".

Tassager wrote:
Congrats on wrapping up the degree! What are you pursuing your degree in? How exciting.

How long have you "known" Vid?

Thanks. I've been reading Vid's blog for a while, though to say I "know" her is probably a stretch. I just enjoy reading Manalicious.

My degree is in Information Technology Administration I think. To be honest, I'm just after that piece of paper. My experience and certifications cover most of what I do, but I know a lot of automated application systems really want that box checked.

Hey there, we'd like to interview you and were wondering if tonight would work for you. We have Darkraven's interview at 6pm server (pacific) so would 7pm server work for you?

That should work out fine. I'll be on a bit before then with an alt so I can get the Mumble info.

Hey, and thanks for taking the time to chat with us tonight. We'd like to extend a trial invitation to you, so as soon as you're faction transferred and server transferred just whisper one of us for an invite. We'll see you soon!
Zierlyn
Raider
Wears Business Socks

Did your name get changed perhaps? When you messaged me earlier I wasn't able to respond right away (due to an overzealous tank keeping me always on the move), and by the time I got a free second, it said "player not found." I was also not able to add you to my friends list to see when/if you logged back on, saying you don't exist. heh.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum