Class : Death Knight
Spec 1 : Frost
Spec 2 : Blood

WoW Armory
WoW Heroes

Tell us a bit about yourself (the person, not the character.):
Adult male 37 yrs old , professional Chef in Las Vegas

Please describe your previous/current raiding experience.:
Raided through end of BC most of WOTLK 11/12HM, finished 4.1 at 1/13HM, 4.2 started with new raid team that was going weel 2/7 first week out, stalled out abit and 3 main raiders transfered servers to raid with a 25m guild. So left with a broken team.

Why are you leaving your current guild (if applicable?):
Looking for a more stable enviornment with some people that i can become friends with and raid on a regular basis.

Do you have an off-spec? How good is your off-spec gear, and are you willing to play it if needed?:
Tank off spec and 364 Ilvl dont mind filling in as backup tank just burned out fo it as i was doing it full time in most of 4.1

Why are you interested in joining Business Time?:
Like the attitude and the guild posts seems like a good group of people and seem to be a stable place to raid'

Do you have Mumble installed and a working microphone? (Business Time is no longer using Vent):
No

Please provide a link to a recent combat log. If you have not been raiding recently enough to have access to such a log, even a one or two boss run of Baradin Hold is fine.:
http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/yzpb2f7ysn31obk1/

Is there anything else you'd like to add not covered by the previous questions?:
I currently use vent, have never used mumble but i am willing to look into it.

Application Availability Info:
Sunday -> Always
Monday -> Always
Tuesday -> Always
Wednesday -> Always
Thursday -> Always
Friday -> Always
Saturday -> Always

Wears Business Socks

re: APPROVED - App: Darthravon - by Vosskah

A chef is one of the few jobs I could see me doing my whole life.

Wears Business Socks

Hi Darthravon and thanks for your application. Please give us some time to discuss it, during which we may have questions for you here so do check back!
Vosskah
Officer
Wears Business Socks

Hey Darthravon,

I was wondering if you could explain to me your strat on Shannox and especially your role in it. I was perusing the logs and saw that your damage was split between Shannox and Rageface.

As for mumble, we've just found that it has a lower latency than vent and so is quite useful to call in timers.

Our strat on that fight is to complete separate riplimb and shannox so the tanks dont have to taunt off each other and just keep them apart long enough for the stacks to fall off. Basically we burn rageface down with all dps, once rageface is down we split the group dps melee on shannox and rdps on riplimb, get shannox to 35% then burn riplimb down and finish shannox. Hope that explains it.

as for mumble is there a special requirement to have it, i have just never used the program, is it video like skype or simalair to vent?

Guest Post Rules are In Effect for this Post
Vosskah
Officer
Wears Business Socks

Ok, cool, thanks for the explanation!

For us, Mumble replaced vent. It's actually very similar but contrary to vent that has not been updated in 2 years, mumble is open source and keeps getting new and better codex, etc. Basically, it's simply more modern than vent but does pretty much the same thing. A bunch of people are in channels, just like in vent and it's audio only.

I was curious about your strat because ours is slightly different We lower the dogs down to 5-10% each or so. Shannox we lower to 36-37% and then we kill the dogs and burn Shannox. Also, our group has very rarely more than one melee dps so the dps is always on Shannox, no need to target swap on that one.

Anyway, the end result is the same. I was just curious when I was reading your logs. Happy

So, what do you like in a guild? You've talked a lot about stability and I definitely understand that considering your recent experience. For us, we try to keep a roster around 14 people so it gives us some buffer when someone is on vacation or decides to stop playing.

Also you're a chef. What kind of food do you prefer? Is it the same as the type of food you cook most often?

You mentioned in your app that you want to find a stable group of friendly people. It's also what we all seek here and I think have found. What hobbies do you like? I hope you don't like golf because we already have one of those crazy golfers who talks about it way too often. wink

Also, since I'm one of the three tanks in the guild, I'm curious. What burned you out with tanking? What fights did you prefer in the first tier and why?

I'm sorry for the barrage of questions. We simply like to try to see the person behind the application.

Its all expected and very ok with me, questions are the only way you get answers right? LOL

Anyways, I love to cook italian food, it is my speciality. Right now i am the executive chef of the Buffet at Caesars Palace, roughly feeding around 5,000 people a day. So as you can see stress is a big factor in my day life. running a staff of 30 cooks and feed a large amount of people can be very stressful at times.

WOW is pretty much my hobby, I like to play computer based games, although im not excacty the most computer savvy person in the world i can usually figure stuff out with trial and error.

I really am looking for a freindly enviornment thats stress free, I enjoy my time when i play and raid like we all do. Just want to meet some people that are like minded and get along well together. Having fun is very important to me.

And no golf is not my thing even though most of the chefs i know do golf. I do not.

I really enjoyed tanking in 4.1 the fights were challenging but very doable. I put alot of time in research and looking up strats and fights and also alot of time reading and learning about my toons i play. Several fights that i really enjoyed tanking were Malorek and Chogall as the movements / interupts and controlling were and when the boss is positioned and such.

I think the thing that burned me out quickly in 4.2 is the newness of the fights and how much stress the fights like shannox put on the tank. And most of it is because they are new fights so everyone is learning, so lots of mistakes are going to be made, but i think i put myself through the ringer alot thinking because i am the tank that when we fail it is my fault.

Mostly sometimes i just like to kill shit!

Vosskah
Officer
Wears Business Socks

Thank you for being a good sport after my question barrage. Happy

No golf was the correct answer. I too am in a job where most people golf and I simply can't stand the game.

Maloriak and Cho'Gall were very good fights. On both of those fights I was working the adds and it was a really nice challenge. I must admit though that the split second interrupts on most fights were becoming quite tedious. I much prefer this raiding tier at the moment. The fights are interesting but few have a "you have one second to interrupt or die" type of mechanics.

Shannox, like most fights, take a while to learn. One of our tanks, Meraxis, has it down to perfection (Mer, you need to teach Tas and I that positioning). My stacks while tanking Shannox would drop within a second of the dog reaching her. Amazing work.

Listen, it's the weekend and we still need to gather a few more opinions before deciding on an interview. Would you mind hanging in there for just a bit more? I don't know why, but weekends seem to motivate people to do barbecues or go out to eat sushi (could just be me and Millya for that one) more than checking the board.

I do not approve of this thread completely based on the fact you are dissing golf.
Rhius
Rius Aldregan
Wears Business Socks

Shannox, the prettiest boss in all of the Firelands.
Tassager
Wears Business Socks

Rius Aldregan wrote:
Shannox, the prettiest boss in all of the Firelands.

Fair enough!
Vosskah
Officer
Wears Business Socks

Darkravon, we'd like to interview you if it was possible.

Would tonight at 6pm server (Pacific) work for you? I know it's last minute and I do apologize for this. Tomorrow is a regular raid night and I try to avoid interviews on those days as it seems to always screw up my raid preps.

If tonight doesn't work, then would Tuesday do it?

Tonight would be just fine. Or tuesday is just as good. I did download mumble and installed it just unsure of how to put the information in.

My real ID is Ravonlft@yahoo.com

You will have to excuse my poor voice as i have cold currently. LOL

Vosskah
Officer
Wears Business Socks

No that won't work. A cold during the interview process is a disqualifying offense. Happy

No problem, let's do it at 6pm server tonight. Please create an alt level one on our server and just message one of us for the mumble info tonight. Looking forward to chatting with you! Well, even though you have a cold...

Thanks for taking the time to interview with us tonight! We'd like to extend you a trial invitation to Business Time. As soon as you're transferred over just whisper any raider for a guild invite. We're looking forward to raiding with you.
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Business Time Forum Index -> Applications All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum